Cranky Flyer does the work for us on AA International Service

Yep. Right along with things like:

"This is just like the flu."

"We'll be back to normal by June."

I am really surprised at the level of almost willful denial there is in the industry about how serious this is.

Well, the math is almost working out to be just like the flu, aside from the whole wrecking the global economy...

Read it and weep. There is an International schedule for the rest of the year. Is it real? Hard to say. Feel free to express your opinion. For instance, there is one, (1) trans-Pacific flight and it is only 3x week.

https://crankyflier.com/2020/04/07/americans-to-bring-back-international-flying-slowly-in-waves/

I can certainly see some of these routes still going but it’s still fluid and it’s even possible once they see what the bookings look like that they could still reduce the frequency of some.

Doug did say the late summer and early fall ticket sales have seen a slight uptick in recent days.
Let’s just hope this continues and there are no more disruptions

I can certainly see some of these routes still going but it’s still fluid and it’s even possible once they see what the bookings look like that they could still reduce the frequency of some.

Doug did say the late summer and early fall ticket sales have seen a slight uptick in recent days.
Let’s just hope this continues and there are no more disruptions
There's something I'm missing. Cranky Flyer got his information from AA's published schedules for period beginning in May. If AA publsihes a schedule with one NRT flight 3xweek how can they sell flights to other transpacific destinations. Why would they sell a ticket to Singapore after saying in print that there wouldn't be Singapore flight. I mean sure they could sell a seat on a codeshare airline, but what's the point? I'm assuming the codeshare airline would get the lion's share of the money.

Well, the math is almost working out to be just like the flu, aside from the whole wrecking the global economy...
With a serious underlying health condition, I'd probably survive the flu. This one? Probably not... Big difference there skippy...

But, why don't you head on over to the governors house and stand around chanting lock her up,,,,with your semi with night vision....

During the flu season about 80 Texans a day die, during the COVID-19 season we are looking at about 20 a day. A huge over reaction anyway you want to spin it!

During the flu season about 80 Texans a day die, during the COVID-19 season we are looking at about 20 a day. A huge over reaction anyway you want to spin it!
The flu is treated primarily with rest and fluid to let the body fight the infection on its own. Over-the-counter anti-inflammatory pain relievers may help with symptoms. An annual vaccine can help prevent the flu and limit its complications.

Just you go right ahead and believe the talking heads on AM radio... just ktfa from me..