Cranky Flyer strikes again. URL says it all

What struck me in the re-org is how few names I see from L-AA. You guys hated the old management, but it was a much better run airline and customers were happier...

What struck me in the re-org is how few names I see from L-AA. You guys hated the old management, but it was a much better run airline and customers were happier...
Personally i thought gerard arpey got a raw deal. Would have liked to see what hr could have accomplished under the right circumstances.i.e. the price of oil.

I was never all that unhappy with management until I began to see systematic cheapening of the product offered. I worked First Class almost exclusively from the time I was recalled from furlough in 2004. In early 2005 or 2006, my passengers began to complain about benefits being eliminated or reduced. It seemed like there was a steady, but unobtrusive cut in perks for FFers and F/C flyers--such things as FFers with 2 million+ AAdvantage miles and the redemption department would only tell him "there are no reward seats available" when he tried to book a ski trip for his family. Furthermore, there was no indication that the employee intended to go out of her way in the least to accommodate or assist the FFer at all. Such stories became common over time.

When I asked who was responsible for this approach to customer service, the answer was always "that comes under Joe Blow's department. He's former America West."

In early 2005 or 2006, my passengers began to complain about benefits being eliminated or reduced.

When I asked who was responsible for this approach to customer service, the answer was always "that comes under Joe Blow's department. He's former America West."

i didn't know we had former america west people in key positions in the mid 2000s.

when the 'new aa' had the great purge last year, it was clear that long-time laa supervisors/managers were targeted.

members of management who knew the ins & outs of working for a legacy carrier - a respected legacy carrier for decades, especially in big hubs. you'd think..

i learned in history class that when stalin purged thousands of army officers in the late 30's, the soviet army preformed miserably a few years later against finland and early on, against germany. a direct result of the purges and not having quality leaders in the field.

I was never all that unhappy with management until I began to see systematic cheapening of the product offered. I worked First Class almost exclusively from the time I was recalled from furlough in 2004. In early 2005 or 2006, my passengers began to complain about benefits being eliminated or reduced. It seemed like there was a steady, but unobtrusive cut in perks for FFers and F/C flyers--such things as FFers with 2 million+ AAdvantage miles and the redemption department would only tell him "there are no reward seats available" when he tried to book a ski trip for his family. Furthermore, there was no indication that the employee intended to go out of her way in the least to accommodate or assist the FFer at all. Such stories became common over time.

This is what ya get when someone from a small airline gets control of the biggest airline out there. Especially when you put all your coharts from the smaller airline in the top roles at the largest airline. There needs to be some drastic movements and I mean from the very top. Yes this includes Parker, that's where they need to start.
We won't see the pressure on Parker until the Pilots and F/A's say something shortly after they start their nego's. However, with that said, let us not forget how Parker treated the Pilots and F/A's back when the merger was done. They may be a bit reluctant to pull that trigger against Parker so quickly. And Parker will deal with these two groups much differently and probably get their deals done rather quickly in order to keep the masses calm within those groups so not to get the vote of no confidence from them...

This is what ya get when someone from a small airline gets control of the biggest airline out there. Especially when you put all your coharts from the smaller airline in the top roles at the largest airline. There needs to be some drastic movements and I mean from the very top. Yes this includes Parker, that's where they need to start.
We won't see the pressure on Parker until the Pilots and F/A's say something shortly after they start their nego's. However, with that said, let us not forget how Parker treated the Pilots and F/A's back when the merger was done. They may be a bit reluctant to pull that trigger against Parker so quickly. And Parker will deal with these two groups much differently and probably get their deals done rather quickly in order to keep the masses calm within those groups so not to get the vote of no confidence from them...
Parker wants to have the worlds largest LCC. He's doing a pretty good job of it. Our premium passengers are now moving over to Delta and United. This doesn't seem to phase our current management team because they just announced the reinstatement of the Oasis project.

Reactions: swamt