Crazy like a fox - Richard Anderson

Good read. Thanks for linking it.

I agree with CF that it's a fine line between being trailblazer and Icarus.

I also liked the comment about bringing a sort of "toughness" over from NW. Some people seem off put by that, but I truly think it's helped get us to where we are today...

Reactions: 1 person
Kev3188 said:
Good read. Thanks for linking it.

I agree with CF that it's a fine line between being trailblazer and Icarus.

I also liked the comment about bringing a sort of "toughness" over from NW. Some people seem off put by that, but I truly think it's helped get us to where we are today...
Its was an okay read. Some of it was very much questionable (at best) to me but overall I thought it was about right. Anderson isn't here to make friends and he shouldn't be. Plenty of Delta employees he can play golf with...... 

The commentary seems to conveniently leave out utilizing the Bankruptcy laws to upright the ship.

Kind of an important item not to forget.

Reactions: 2 people
And dont forget DL everyone except the pilots and dispatchers are employees at will, and the company can and does change things when they want.

Just like in 2012 they whacked the Profit Sharing by 33% and now another 50%.

They have some of the highest premiums, high copays and crappy insurance.

DL just took another FA off the 777.

Reactions: 2 people
WeAAsles said:
The commentary seems to conveniently leave out utilizing the Bankruptcy laws to upright the ship.

Kind of an important item not to forget.
not really. 
When talking about things like balance sheet clean up that has little to with BK. 

700UW said:
And dont forget DL everyone except the pilots and dispatchers are employees at will, and the company can and does change things when they want.

Just like in 2012 they whacked the Profit Sharing by 33% and now another 50%.

They have some of the highest premiums, high copays and crappy insurance.

DL just took another FA off the 777.

Last year my  Profit sharing was 15% of my pay
this year my profit sharing is 21.4% of my pay.
How much did you get?  oh thats right.....never mind...

oh and let me add: we also received an 18% raise for 2015

topDawg said:
not really. 
When talking about things like balance sheet clean up that has little to with BK.
Besides jet fuel prices declining, what gave the company the financial ability to clean up that balance sheet? Would any airlines have been able to accomplish all the things they have without BK?

BABABOOY said:

What did your immediate full value compensation package look like right after the 05 BK? Before the BK how many years had you waited for a decent progression?

All this is, is you returning to where you would have been had the airline always been profitable.

As far as any type of competition between DL and AA it's irrelevant. DL lowered its costs more than AA was able to accomplish in 03 and that advantage certainly helped the bottom line until AA went in and "restructured" to join DL in the clouds.

It's nothing more than simple timing is all.

If oil was still $100.00 per barrel and the airlines hadn't tacked on all those extra fees, would any of them be making money right now?

Would DL or any airline be willing to increase their labor costs if that were the case?

BABABOOY said:

It appears people bend over backwards to poke holes in otherwise solid results.

Reactions: 3 people
Veritas777 said:

It appears people bend over backwards to poke holes in otherwise solid results.
Sorry if I'm not giving credit to any of these airline CEO's suddenly becoming overnight financial guru's. Too many outside forces have to be factored in as well.