Crazy like a fox - Richard Anderson

WeAAsles said:
Besides jet fuel prices declining, what gave the company the financial ability to clean up that balance sheet? Would any airlines have been able to accomplish all the things they have without BK?
Consolidation 

possibly. this issue is would they have survived longer enough to consolidate. You need to remember, most of the airlines posted losses not long after leaving BK.

BK helped but when talking about Anderson and his turn around at Delta you can't really bring BK into it.  

topDawg said:
Consolidation 

possibly. this issue is would they have survived longer enough to consolidate. You need to remember, most of the airlines posted losses not long after leaving BK.

BK helped but when talking about Anderson and his turn around at Delta you can't really bring BK into it.  
Absolutely you can. BK, consolidation, adding fee's and oil dropping all factors in to today's stellar results for DL. I just think the opinion expressed in the posting is a little bit fluffy when it comes to painting the entire picture. ALL of you also contributed massively to the end results, and you ALL deserve that pat on the back. 

The one credit I will give Anderson is that compared to Jeff Smisek he's done gangbusters. Smisek is a criminal who belongs behind bars.

BTW the musical chairs of consolidation should have happened a lot sooner than it did.  

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
Hmmm.
The Topic on this thread is,.............."Anderson, Crazy like a Fox"

WELL, looking at how DICK is pissing on a lot of shoes in Japan, this Topic starter is becoming very Interesting !
do you ever know what you are talking about or do you just like drive by posting threads with stupid?

Reactions: 4 people
What dust is left to settle? DL lost, AA, HA and UA all won (as will consumers), and now DL has to either cancel MSP-NRT or admit that they were full of crap when they said it was at-risk.

Reactions: 1 person
eolesen said:
What dust is left to settle? DL lost, AA, HA and UA all won (as will consumers), and now DL has to either cancel MSP-NRT or admit that they were full of crap when they said it was at-risk.

YUP, Eric your correct.

(another of those RARE times we agree).

I hope they do dump  MSP-NRT, and aggravate the Japanese even more, plus the minnesota congressional members as well.
As large a hub for Del - DUH as MSP is, I do believe that MSP, unlike ATL or DTW is a hub that  AA can  ' chip away ' at, in a slow but steady pace.  More  PHX-Minny, LAX-Minny, DCA-Minny, LGA-Minny. 

YUP, Eric your correct.

I hope they do dump  MSP-NRT, and aggravate the Japanese even more, plus the minnesota congressional members as well.
As large a hub for Del - DUH as MSP is, I do believe that MSP, unlike ATL or DTW is a hub that  AA can  ' chip away ' at, in a slow but steady pace.  More  PHX-Minny, LAX-Minny, DCA-Minny, LGA-Minny.

Ah "chip away" do you mean like what Delta is doing with AA out
Of PHL by running 2 international flights in their own front yard?
Or RDU? How about delta also running 2 international flights in Uniteds
Front yard at EWR ? Are they doing the same to Delta? Let's talk when AA or United
Start ruining intl flights out of ATL/DTW/MSP/SLC
Your obsession with Delta is bizarre.

Reactions: 4 people
eolesen said:
no they haven't. not even remotely close to true. 

YUP, Eric your correct.

Of course you do. That is because you have no idea about the industry. 

MSP has basically no room for growth but it also the best preforming hub for Delta.