Crew Bases

skd

Advanced
Feb 23, 2005
Can someone please list the Delta crew bases from most senior to most junior.

Also how long is reserve?

Thank you..

Can someone please list the Delta crew bases from most senior to most junior.

Also how long is reserve?

Thank you..

For F/A's:
We have crew bases in ATL,CVG,NYC,BOS,MCO,SLC,LAX.
We have satellite bases in HNL,SAN,SFO,SEA,TPA,FLL,DCA.
We no longer have straight reserve. We each do 3 reserve days per month, depending on your seniority. In NYC, it goes up to 18-21 years. In ATL, I've heard it's more like 22-25 years. Even new hires, fresh out of training, are line-holders.
NYC and BOS are the most junior bases. LAX and SLC are more senior. I think TPA and FLL are the more junior satellite bases.
I'm not sure about pilots anymoe.

We each do 3 reserve days per month, depending on your seniority. In NYC, it goes up to 18-21 years. In ATL, I've heard it's more like 22-25 years. Even new hires, fresh out of training, are line-holders.[/quote]

Look for the "3 Access days" for flight attendants to change.
All indications are, effective with the new hires, they will probably receive more
access days than just 3. No offence but hopfully 12.

Look for the "3 Access days" for flight attendants to change.
All indications are, effective with the new hires, they will probably receive more
access days than just 3. No offence but hopfully 12.

Fine with me. I did 2.5 years of ready reserve with Tues/Wed off. I won't feel bad if new hires have more than 3 reserve days.

That is alot of new hires. I know that Delta does not have a union for the Flight Attendants, but do you have a contract or work rules? Do you have duty rigs or per diem? What is a satelite base? How do you bid for trips. What is training like? What are the "dorms like" ? Where is training held?

Good Luck SKD, maybe I will see you in training.

That is alot of new hires. I know that Delta does not have a union for the Flight Attendants, but do you have a contract or work rules? Do you have duty rigs or per diem? What is a satelite base? How do you bid for trips. What is training like? What are the "dorms like" ? Where is training held?

Good Luck SKD, maybe I will see you in training.

Lets see:
We have work "guidelines" nothing is in black and white.
Duty rigs ? LOL 16hrs on duty for domestic and I believe its 21 for Intl.
Flight hours don't matter anymore.
Satalite base is a "alternative flying" base. Small base with a phone list of
other flight attendants in case you are sick. You have to find your own replacement.
CBS site is for bidding. stands for "Crazy bidding system" or "Customize bidding system".
Based on many variables you bid for...layover city, length of trip, etc...Seniority consistantly is
negated with this system. It has many "glitches" as delta like to call it.
Training is done in ATL at the dorms which are just that....Dorms. Depending on how many at one time
they may use local hotels.

The newest information is that Delta
is going to have a total of 2,000 f/a's hired (some rehired) after Jan1/08
This number includes around 500 re-called f/a's, around 400 language speakers
and the rest regular off the street people. If the numbers continue, they expect to get
around 50,000 applications for roughly 1500 positions.

Lets see:
We each do 3 reserve days per month, depending on your seniority.

Holy Crikey Batman.........and AA flight attendants think they have it bad with Domestic 13 hour and Intl 14. I guess the grass isnt always greener on the other side of the fence.

Any Ideas what will happen to all the New Hires if DL and UA actually Merge.

Good Luck to all and Happy Holidays

Holy Crikey Batman.........and AA flight attendants think they have it bad with Domestic 13 hour and Intl 14. I guess the grass isnt always greener on the other side of the fence.

Any Ideas what will happen to all the New Hires if DL and UA actually Merge.

Good Luck to all and Happy Holidays

Mesa can fix their attrition problem if that happens ;)

Hello,

I have an F/A Interview scheduled for tomorrow. Can anyone tell me if there is a shuttle from the airport to the Delta Campus? The recruiters said to take a cab, but I suspect there is some kind of shuttle. Any help is much appreciated.

Hello,

I have an F/A Interview scheduled for tomorrow. Can anyone tell me if there is a shuttle from the airport to the Delta Campus? The recruiters said to take a cab, but I suspect there is some kind of shuttle. Any help is much appreciated.

Catch the shuttle to the Hilton on Virginia Ave. from the airport. You can then walk right across to the DL HQ. Good luck.

Lets see:
Satalite base is a "alternative flying" base. Small base with a phone list of
other flight attendants in case you are sick. You have to find your own replacement.
CBS site is for bidding. stands for "Crazy bidding system" or "Customize bidding system".
Based on many variables you bid for...layover city, length of trip, etc...Seniority consistantly is
negated with this system. It has many "glitches" as delta like to call it.
Training is done in ATL at the dorms which are just that....Dorms. Depending on how many at one time
they may use local hotels.

If this is not enough to make Delta people go Union...how bout a knock in the head?

My gosh, no wonder "Delta" is running around like a happy pig in slop. They control people like slaves.

I don't think Delta management (as Richard well knows) wants ANYTHING to do with NW Unions. They would be locked in battle for the next century. I'd rather make the same amount WITH a contract then to be paid the SAME amount and live in fear everyday.

NW currently has about 8700 FAs, and are hiring approx.1500-2500 if not more. So, a merger with Delta will definitely result in a FA Union.