Cruel Business

ta152

Sep 7, 2005
I found this list of failed airlines in the past six years and was shocked at how many have tried and failed. 243 failures since 2000. Why on earth would anyone with alittle money to invest would put it in an airline is beyound me ! And I like airliners !!!

http://www.justplanes.com/AirlineHist.html

And THAT is quite a statement. With all the flash and appeal the TRUMP name brings with it and even Donald Trump wanted out of the airline GAME. When Mr. Trump took over the Eastern Shuttle he put alot of class into the operation.....there are days I wonder whether he bailed out too soon or what may have become if he focused his attention on the business and allowed the operation to grow. Trump very easily could have been another Richard Branson ala Virgin Atlantic.

My mentor Donald Trump stated "The best way for a Billionaire to become a Millionaire is to start an airline".

As usual, ol' Fishface is trying to take credit for someone else's inspiration: That's a VERY old line! Dates back a long time--one of the original airline titans (maybe Captain Eddie?) said it first 50 years-or-so ago (Can you tell I simply can't stand 'The Donald'?)

As usual, ol' Fishface is trying to take credit for someone else's inspiration: That's a VERY old line! Dates back a long time--one of the original airline titans (maybe Captain Eddie?) said it first 50 years-or-so ago (Can you tell I simply can't stand 'The Donald'?)
It's an ego thing to own (or run) an airline.
case in point: The Donald

That's right. This certainly pre-dates "The Donald."

I had always heard it this way...

Q: "What's the fastest way to become a millionaire???"

A: "Start out as a billionaire and buy an airline!"

Latest posts

Back