CVG Reductions

WorldTraveler said:
You just can't let the past be the past, can you?

Some people are paralyzed by their past
Yes I should love Delta for f%&king over my family and friends. 

I should just forget it and move one. Yeah some killed themselves, lost everything, their house, kids, wives etc......Just forget all of that. 

Want to know why I call you Leo? this stupid s%$t right here. I don't play the ass hole game of I got mine like yall do. 

Reactions: 3 people
I'm confident World Fraudster thinks I'm a moron, but then again to him anybody that doesn't worship DL is out of their mind.
wow, I never considered thinking that you are a moron.

you are out to do anything you can to find wrong with DL even if it has no basis in reality - because you can't stand that real facts actually do show that my ideas about other airlines are valid.

Yes I should love Delta for f%&king over my family and friends. 

I should just forget it and move one. Yeah some killed themselves, lost everything, their house, kids, wives etc......Just forget all of that. 

Want to know why I call you Leo? this stupid s%$t right here. I don't play the ass hole game of I got mine like yall do.
sorry, but life is a *****.... that's just reality.

If you or anyone else doesn't want to deal with the possibility of being forced to move, then you really shouldn't work for a multinational company

Then when your Dallas company shuts down, they just send you to the unemployment line.

you only hurt yourself by continuing to hold onto something that happened 10 years ago.

grow up and learn to adapt.

and let the past remain in the past.

WorldTraveler said:
someone can go back and track all of these annual changes but it appears that DL regularly reduces the summer schedule at CVG increases it from summer to late fall, cuts during the winter, and then adds back in the late spring.

if so, that is perfectly in line with what you do in a business market that has a small component of leisure activity.

In case anyone is watching WT indicated DL increases flying from CVG in the fall - they just loaded more reductions coming in the in fall - surprise - WT was wrong again

Reactions: 4 people
DL is also cutting MIA-LAX to one a day instead of two.
you mean returning it to what it has been - actually an increase.

did you miss (I'm sure you did) that DL is increasing its JFK transcon frequencies... those certainly aren't being funded by redeployed RJs from CVG.

Wait changing subjects to JFK transcons - struggling with the fact CVG is shrinking again - don't being up Mia to LAX since no one can make going from two flight to one is an increase

Reactions: 1 person
It was established a long time ago that CVG is focused on the CVG local market which does not need multiple frequencies.

what is remarkable is that DL's share of the local market remains as high as it is without it being it being a hub.

and, yeah, DL's transcon increased and AA's Latin America reductions are absolutely far more important in the scope of the industry than a few RJ flights

Oh so now the story has changed we get it - you said the schedule would be built back up in the fall - proven wrong and you change subjects - it's truley amazing the spin you produce

Reactions: 3 people
no, DL appears to be reducing the schedule. I can accept that may not happen this time.

but given that the focus of CVG is the local market, it doesn't take multiple frequencies per day to address that.

and it is also clear that DL continues to grow its presence in key markets where the revenue is so much higher. Not sure about the figure for CVG since it is much more of a business market than MEM but DL made the statement that the JFK-LAX market by itself generates more revenue than the entire local MEM market did. It makes sense to deploy capacity where the money can be made - which means less and less connections over CVG, even in key markets like CVG-MSN that have operated for decades, and to markets like NYC and major west coast markets where DL continues to grow its presence.

WorldTraveler said:
no, DL appears to be reducing the schedule. I can accept that may not happen this time.
What does this mean??  It wouldn't be a possible addmission you were wrong, would it?

I said that DL reduces schedules in the summer and adds them back in the fall. that is what DL has done for several years.

We haven't seen final schedules for the fall yet but it is possible that DL has decided they don't need 3 or more flights/day to non-hub markets which are primarily focused on the CVG local market.

DL CVG-BDL SEP 3>1.1
DL CVG-BWI MAY 3>1.5 SEP 3>1.4
DL CVG-CLT MAY 1.9>1.4
DL CVG-GRR SEP 1.4>0.7
DL CVG-MCI SEP 3>1.1
DL CVG-MKE SEP 3>1.4
*DL CVG-MSN JUL 0.7>0 AUG 0.7>0 SEP 0.7>0 OCT 0.7>0 NOV 0.8>0
DL CVG-ORD SEP 5>4
DL CVG-PHL SEP 4>3
DL CVG-PIT SEP 1.4>0.5
DL CVG-RDU SEP 3>1.4
DL CVG-RIC SEP 1.4>0.7
DL CVG-STL SEP 3>1.2
DL CVG-YYZ MAY 1.4>0.6 SEP 1.7>0.7

Reactions: 1 person
looks like the only one that is getting completely cut is MSN. not sure why after all of these years, MSN is cut.... clearly something is not right there in Wisconsin.

most of the markets will retain at least peak weekday service once per day which is all you need to serve the local CVG business market.

At least you are now admiting you were wrong and the schedule was not increased in the fall - I love the new spin - most markets will retain .......

Reactions: 2 people