Cwa Snap Backs

Just curious...I was a res agent in Orlando, top scale 13yrs...would I return to top pay (?) now if I submitted a transfer request to ATO ?

I thought that you could only "snap back" if you were bought out....

we weren't bought out, we merged.. right?

I thought that you could only "snap back" if you were bought out....

we weren't bought out, we merged.. right?
:up: bravo bravo both you and I understand we merged. Now if we can only get those few malcontent #### stirers to understand. Oh wait they are postering as they brought out HP. NEWS FLASH MERGER

The 2002 Restructuring Agreement between US Airways and CWA contains a “change of control†provision, which states, in relevant part:

Upon a change of control defined as the sale of all or substantially all of the assets or common stock of the Company or US Airways Group in a single transaction (or in multi-step related transactions) to a single purchaser (or group of purchasers acting in concert), The circumstances of US Airways’ merger with America West represent a “change in control†as defined by the 2002 Restructuring Agreement. “Common Stock†is the Common Stock of US Airways Group, which are then outstanding and the Common Stock issuable on exchange, exercise, and/or conversion to securities of the Company or US Airways Group which are then currently exchangeable into, exercisable for, or convertible into such Common Stock.

The circumstances of US Airways’ merger with America West represent a “change in control†as defined by the 2002 Restructuring Agreement.

Lotsa luck guys and gals..... If you think for one minute that the lawyers didn't do overtime on that part of the contracts, you have had your headset on too long.

CWA Level III Staff Grievance

Grievance: #03-14361-05 – Contract Violation

Submitted to: Ron Harbinson- Manager of Labor Relations- Ground

Submitted by: Velvet Hawthorne- CWA Staff Representative

Date Filed: October 14, 2005

Filed on behalf of all CWA Passenger Service represented Employees at US Airways

STATEMENT OF THE GRIEVANCE

The 2002 Restructuring Agreement between US Airways and CWA contains a "change of control" provision, which states, in relevant part:

Upon a change of control defined as the sale of all or substantially all of the assets or common stock of the Company or US Airways Group in a single transaction (or in multi-step related transactions) to a single purchaser (or group of purchasers acting in concert), the hourly rates of pay under this agreement shall be increased to the rates which would have been effective following the Pay Parity Adjustment in June 2002 under the Letter of Agreement on pages 96-100 in the basic agreement. . . . For the purposes of this paragraph, "Common Stock" is the Common Stock of US Airways Group, which are then outstanding and the Common Stock issuable on exchange, exercise, and/or conversion to securities of the Company or US Airways Group which are then currently exchangeable into, exercisable for, or convertible into such Common Stock.

The circumstances of US Airways’ merger with America West represent a "change in control" as defined by the 2002 Restructuring Agreement. Accordingly, the company is now required to compensate all CWA-represented Passenger Service employees at the pay seniority rate that would have been effective following the Pay Parity Adjustment in June 2002.

Having reviewed CWA member’s pay stubs issued on October 14 for the pay period between September 26 and October 10, 2005 – the first pay period following US Airways’ emergence from bankruptcy and its merger with America West – it is now clear that US Airways has not restored employees’ wages to their previous levels following the change of control, as it was required to do by the 2002 Restructuring Agreement. CWA accordingly files this grievance to enforce the change of control protections it negotiated in the 2002 Restructuring Agreement and left unchanged in subsequent agreements.

As a remedy, CWA demands that US Airways acknowledge that the "Change of Control" provision applies in this case and requires the company to compensate CWA-represented employees at the rate that applied following the Pay Parity Adjustment in June 2002. In addition, CWA demands that all of the employees it represents be made whole by compensating them for the difference between the currently-applied rate and the June 2002 rate, starting on the date of the change of control and ending the date of the final resolution of this matter, as well as any and all other monetary or equitable remedies that may apply.

CWA requests an immediate grievance hearing on this matter. CWA demands that this grievance be treated as a case for expedited arbitration.

"The union representing gate and reservation agents working for US Airways since its Sept. 27 merger with America West Airlines claims its members are due a raise from the new airline."

US Airways union wants raise for workers

Jim

ps - from just one SEC filing. I guess the rules are different for those at the top.....

"As a result of the merger with America West Holdings, Mr. Lakefield will step down as the Chief Executive Officer and President of US Airways, Inc. and US Airways Group, Inc. He will receive severance and change of control payments of $1.7 million."

"The union representing gate and reservation agents working for US Airways since its Sept. 27 merger with America West Airlines claims its members are due a raise from the new airline."

US Airways union wants raise for workers

Jim

ps - from just one SEC filing. I guess the rules are different for those at the top.....

"As a result of the merger with America West Holdings, Mr. Lakefield will step down as the Chief Executive Officer and President of US Airways, Inc. and US Airways Group, Inc. He will receive severance and change of control payments of $1.7 million."
I have just 3 words for the new Usairways COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT! A proud CWA member.

Of course, they could always just thin out the managers in Winston Reservations. There are more there than in Phoenix. That would help with the snap back funds.......

desert_merchants.gif

Back