DAL Lawsuit, any update?

Kinda thinking that the airlines more than likely begged the Judge to not disturb the big holiday travel season and probably waiting to get thru this time period to make a decision.  This is a pure speculation on my part.  Maybe some time in Jan. we will hear something after holiday travel is done...

Most businesses tend to not do anything significant between Thanksgiving & New Years because of skeleton staffing and people burning up vacation they didn't get a chance to use earlier in the year.

Government and the courts operate the same way. Come January 4, all bets are off.

Reactions: 1 person
The judge says that DL can stay pending the ongoing litigation, it doesnt let DL stay there forever.

metopower said:
Spin away. Judge was pretty clear.
Don't know why you think I am spinning away.  It is very clear that the judge is leaving it "as is" with neither side able to add or reduce flights, but, if they do reduce flights they must notify the COD within 5 days.  It also is very clear that unless it gets worked out between the parties involved outside of courts, then the next step would be a trial. Once again, just another temporary extension until the final decision is made.  I am almost certain SWA will use the option of going to trial. Although, with that said, there are some out there saying that SWA might let it be for now and work it's money elsewhere. With the restriction of either airline growing Delta will just have to remain at the 5 flts per day and that is it, pretty sure SWA can be ok with that, but I do know SWA would much rather use the entire gate and add even more flts at Love Field.  We will all see as time goes forward...

I reported him, I mean the writing style is a dead give away, he is over on the DL thread also, go figure.

Reactions: 3 people
Glenn Quagmire said:
Go away WT (air.superiority...?)

Didn't the moderators kick you out of here?

This place is so much better without you.

700UW said:
I reported him, I mean the writing style is a dead give away, he is over on the DL thread also, go figure.

You'd think he would at least have the ability to grasp enough mental horsepower to i) come up with a better nic, and ii) change the writing style ....

Back to the topic:  so what is the better strategic business decision for WN?  legal battle or focus resources elsewhere?

At best, the ruling Friday was to maintain the status quo until the other lawsuits are resolved.

Mitch's opinions:

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2016/01/how-dallas-failed-on-love-field-gates-in-the-judges-own-words.html/

Judge's ruling:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/294934989/Judge-s-Opinion-in-Southwest-Delta-Case-at-Love-Field

My opinion... It's still a real estate rights issue, and signatory carriers either have rights or they don't. That hasn't been determined yet.

Everyone lost. DL doesn't gain anything, WN doesn't get their gates back, and the judge made the City look inept.

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts