Dallas Love Field

Discussion in 'Southwest Airlines/Airtran Airways' started by WNMECH, Nov 3, 2015.

1. swamt

swamt Veteran

Yes me too E. Go by the real estate agreement period. Enforce it. Squatters should do time like the couple in Dallas is currently doing from Colorado squatting in peoples homes.

2. GVPSPIAM

GVPSPIAM Senior

You do realize the judges aren’t interfering.

The city sued everyone.

Judges don’t just get involved.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. eolesen

eolesen Veteran

#63 eolesen, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    Gee thanks. I've followed the kerfuffle around Love Field for more than 20 years and had no idea that the city sued everyone because they don't want to follow their own competition plan, which says incumbent airlines don't have to adjust their schedules for a tenant the city has forced on them...

(that's sarcasm, btw)

Here are the rules...

That's the chapter and verse that the City agreed to in 2004 in the competition plan they filed with DOT. The City might want to change the terms now, but their tenants don't have to. Nor should they.

• Like Like x 1
  4. swamt

swamt Veteran

5. B737 driver

B737 driver Veteran

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. swamt

swamt Veteran

I would be game for that. And why not. AA would put up one hell of a fight though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. jimntx

jimntx Veteran

I guess WN will have to pull a Delta Love Field stunt at DFW to get gate space. You know, "it's our constitutional right to have gate space at DFW even if an airline (think AA) has to surrender ownership of long-term gate leases to accommodate WN." They are already having to add 4 new gates in Terminal D (predominantly International flights) down at the southeast corner of the terminal (aka the Wasteland. It's quite a hike from the TSA portals to either end of that terminal). They are still talking about starting construction on Terminal F which will be just south of Terminal D west of the freeway, but no spade of dirt has yet to be turned.

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/...-fort-worth-international-airport-to-add.html

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. B737 driver

B737 driver Veteran

Well there you go and with the range of the Max, once you get all the bugs out, more international flights.! I remember when we pulled down the flying at Atlanta, when we absorbed the Airtran hub, Delta thought they would get all those extra gates, city of Atlanta said those are the city's gates so Jet Blue, Spirit and Frontier picked up those gates. Had friends of mine that left MDW to transfer to ATL, Delta thinks they run that airport.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. jimntx

jimntx Veteran

Hope you understand comment about Delta stunt at Love was a joke. I still don't think they (Delta) have a God-given right to gate space there. Every other airline thinks that Southwest is successful there only because of the close-in location. That is just one (and small at that) reason. Add reasonable fares, friendly, efficient gate/ticket agents, clean airplanes, on-time departures, great flight attendants and then you will have a clearer picture of the reasons for WN's success at Love Field.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. B737 driver

B737 driver Veteran

The biggest reason Herb was a fighter, and our warrior spirit! :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. swamt

swamt Veteran

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. swamt

swamt Veteran

13. eolesen

eolesen Veteran

Not entirely surprising that AS is finding they can’t compete in every market to California from DAL.

Hopefully, WN is ready to make an offer when Nov 2023 rolls around, the DOJ consent decree expires and AA gets effective control of their two gates back.

I’m sure there’s something of value AA would be interested in for trade to another airline.

14. swamt

swamt Veteran

They done it before with UAL when we attained 2 gates, so never say never. However, pretty sure they will hold out for another airline to pick up those two gates as long as AA didn't want them. I assure you SWA needs them, just not sure if the city would agree that SWA rules all the gates at LF. It will be tough for any of the other airlines to come in and give some competition to SWA at LF. Especially from Dal to Cali.

15. swamt

swamt Veteran

And the feuding goes on between SWA and Delta over LF gate. COD needs to grow some balls and make a decision. This is the longest squatters case still going on I have ever seen, incredible...

Southwest, Delta spar over 'Love Field Letters' in ongoing lawsuit

• Agree Agree x 1