Dallas Love Field

Discussion in 'Southwest Airlines/Airtran Airways' started by WNMECH, Nov 3, 2015.

1. jimntx

jimntx Veteran

One can only hope. The airlines have been flying empty airplanes long enough. I have flight attendant friends at AA and Alaska. All report flying 737 airplanes (140-160 capacity) with as many as 75-100 empty seats on almost every flight. Why should we bail them out if such a waste of manpower and fuel is going to continue.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. jimntx

jimntx Veteran

No big deal. Couldn't resist gigging you since your posts are usually right on.

• Like Like x 1
  3. eolesen

eolesen Veteran

Assuming the Senate's bill gets passed by the House, it's possible that we might see some culling of the herd where domestic flights go.

It's got to be cheaper to pay guarantees than it is to fly empty...

4. swamt

swamt Veteran

jim, I don't think I am allowed to report our LF's as of late. They are dire to say the least. We are reportedly parking another 1500 daily flights by this Fri. and who knows how many more after that. The 1500 up from the 1000 not additional. Only hoping this will get better soon rather than dragging out longer. Godspeed to all of us...

5. swamt

swamt Veteran

Yes sir. And sometimes I need to be reminded. So thank you for that. Gig me everytime, I would do the same. :)

6. jimntx

jimntx Veteran

As someone (you maybe) posted the other day; all you have to do is walk down just about any airport terminal concourse to figure out that things are not good right now. Don't risk your job by posting the obvious.

7. swamt

swamt Veteran

Oh I won't.
    Hoping this aid package gets a winning vote by the house now on Fri. At all appearances it looks like it will this time. Market is greatly up expecting the same.
    We are also getting offers of time off with partial pay for our employees (all employees) I have already heard of about half dozen plus are going to take it. I am sure many, many more will take it as it is a temp. move and not perm. Anything to help keep our company afloat so we all have something to keep coming back to.
    I did not post about the terminals. But I assure you, I bet they are being described as ghost towns. Stay positive, stay strong and most important stay healthy...

8. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Veteran

There should be a Stage 3 CRAF/capacity buy with carriers to maintain critical commerce/people movement. Shut down the rest for 45-90 days.

9. jimntx

jimntx Veteran

I thought the airlines had to agree to a no layoff clause in order to access their share of the money. I'm sure I just read that over on the United board.

10. Crew Only

Crew Only Newbie

11. swamt

swamt Veteran

Correct sir. It is not all a gimmie. And must all be agreed to and accepted as you state. A small loophole they will find and use.
    Put your big boys and girls pants on folks, and buckle that seat belt on tight, I think it's coming and it will be a very rough ride.

12. jimntx

jimntx Veteran

Uh, let's review what I posted..."I thought the airlines had to agree to a no layoff clause in order to access their share of the money." How does that differ from "assuming that they accept the funding." If they refuse the bailout money, yes they can layoff employees. But, The no layoff agreement must be agreed to BEFORE the money can be accepted.

• Agree Agree x 1