DALPA MEC Chair to step down

Kev3188

Veteran
Oct 5, 2003
Right in the middle.
According to DALPA's Twitter account, it looks like it's effective in September. Can't say I'm surprised.

Does this mean a new era of (relative) militancy coming or no? Will this expedite CBA talks?

Definitely interesting times at the Widget...

The chairman of the Air Line Pilots Association union said Wednesday that he will resign next month, paving the way for new leadership as the union tries to negotiate a new labor contract with Delta Air Lines Inc.

Capt. Mike Donatelli has been in the hot seat this month since a large majority of the voters among the 12,800 Delta aviators represented by the union rejected a new three-year labor contract that he urged them to approve.

The pilot chief, in a letter to members Wednesday, said, “It is time for the pilots of Delta Air Lines to unify…It is time to bring forward a contract reflecting the strength of that unity.”

Reactions: 1 person
let us know what other union has signed a CBA without an elected leader in place.

and just because DALPA decides they are ready to talk with DL doesn't mean that DL will be ready to do the same.

it's called collective BARGAINING for a reason.

Your ignorance shows again, the Vice Chairman should be taking his place till an election happens, last time I checked, the vice chariman was elected.

But there will be an election:

https://dal.alpa.org/DesktopModules/Bring2mind/DMX/Download.aspx?Command=Core_Download&EntryId=8180&language=en-US&PortalId=0&TabId=2593

Accordingly, I am calling for a two day Special MEC meeting on September 1, 2015 for the purpose of electing a new MEC chairman for a term commencing September 15,2015.

This allows the MEC time to seek out qualified candidates, allow for the
candidates to bid days off to attend the election meeting and, then, provide
for a short transition for the new chairman to establish their administration

Stick to things you know.

Ed Havrilla
Term: January 2015 – December 2016
Captain Havrilla was hired by Delta in 1987 and most recently served as Council 16 chairman. He has also served three terms on the ALPA Delta MEC System Board, and served as second officer representative for Council 16. Captain Havrilla is a graduate of the George Meany Center for Labor Studies, Negotiating School. Havrilla was an active duty Navy S3 pilot and flew C9s in the Naval Reserve, retiring as a commander.
He is a graduate of Villanova University with a degree in mechanical engineering.

Reactions: 3 people
They'll have a new MEC chair in place w/some time to spare.

I would just like to know why you think this means a longer time horizon for a new deal.

...actually knowing what you mean specifically by "won't come quickly" would help too...

Reactions: 2 people
700UW said:
Your ignorance shows again, the First VP will be moving up to be the President of the MEC.

Stick to things you know.
painfully clear that would mean no more posting here........

Reactions: 2 people
topDawg said:
painfully clear that would mean no more posting here........
Good to have you back Dawg.

On a side note and yes off topic, looks like a big announcement from AA TUL Engine shop a new type or two will be added.

They'll have a new MEC chair in place w/some time to spare.

I would just like to know why you think this means a longer time horizon for a new deal.

...actually knowing what you mean specifically by "won't come quickly" would help too...
I don't know what time frame will be necessary. But Richard Anderson said before the vote ever was concluded that there would be no quick repeat and there would be reversal.

I am far more willing to trust that he will ensure that what he says comes true than you and labor advocates' claims that ALPA will waltz back in and get the deal that the current ALPA admin and negotiators were unable to get before.

Of course they are going to get a better one, do  you really think they would vote in a worse deal?

Simply amazing how you think, this isnt Master and Servant.

700UW said:
Good to have you back Dawg.

On a side note and yes off topic, looks like a big announcement from AA TUL Engine shop a new type or two will be added.
Not back per say. I found myself getting to stressed over this place so I won't be posting a ton. Its not worth it and i can't stand the company can do no wrong and the I got mine crowd. Its annoying as hell. 

So i'll be lurking and chances are posting more on the AA side than here. 

And yes i have heard. Rumor mill from my sources (some at AA, some at OEMs/Vendors) are saying it will be the V2500 and/or GEnX. Both are, or will be, very large engine types for AA so it makes sense. Good for them if true, but still bad if they do truly follow the Delta model and outsource as much as I suspect AA is going to try to outsource.   

700UW said:
Of course they are going to get a better one, do  you really think they would vote in a worse deal?

Simply amazing how you think, this isnt Master and Servant.
Knowing the people he worked for, it is. (at least in his/their eyes) 

having said that, Wall street is going to send Anderson back to the table. Its quite simple, they are tried of the profit sharing that is going out (it is constantly brought up) and it will be changed. 

Kev3188 said:
According to DALPA's Twitter account, it looks like it's effective in September. Can't say I'm surprised.
Does this mean a new era of (relative) militancy coming or no? Will this expedite CBA talks?
Definitely interesting times at the Widget...
I doubt it. Bandaid reaction