DALPA MEC Chair to step down

every airline has vendors working alongside mainline employees.

NO airline does all of its functions in all of its terminals.

DL mainline employees at ATL and LGA and JFK work hundreds of DCI flights per day.

DL Tech Ops also insources huge amounts of business from regional carriers as well as its codeshare partners.

To try to argue that DL employees don't reap enormous benefits because of DL's strategies is simply wrong.

Not like DL does, MAT is staffed by a vendor, yet mainline is at the main terminal.

JFK bagroom run by vendors.

Only Vendors at US hubs are cleaners and fuelers, they dont handle baggage like DL's vendors do.

Dont have contract mechanics working in the hangar along side US mechanics, unlike DL does.

Reactions: 2 people
we could go on and on.

DL employees do more work for other carriers than any other airline including from Tech Ops.

DL has an entire line item that is more than $700 million per year that is insourcing revenue. NO other carrier comes close to that amount.

If they do, then provide that revenue number for those other carriers.

When did the topic title change? Post after post after post of nothing but union..profit sharing ..non Union...dci...and not a pilot amongst any of you. You probably won't be hearing from me again

Reactions: 5 people
meto    do most of DL pilots feel they want more of improvements in sick over most other things that were in the TA   and what kind of improvements is the talk

with all due respect, no one can speak for what "most pilots" want because there has been no post TA survey done.

Lots of people have expressed what they want and you can see it on the internet chat forums where DL pilots frequently participate.

Sadly, this is not one of them and that is an enormous loss to all of us.

WorldTraveler said:
really?

Many DL AW and BW stations work DCI carriers.

DL handles AF and KL in multiple locations.
If Delta non-union employees didn't give up any scope and only the pilots did then mainline would be working the flights at every station. 
Do they? didn't think so. 

metopower said:
When did the topic title change? Post after post after post of nothing but union..profit sharing ..non Union...dci...and not a pilot amongst any of you. You probably won't be hearing from me again
you have a point or nah? 

Reactions: 1 person
were you even a DL employee during 7.5? DL's station outsourcing was done decades ago.

DL's insourcing of DCI and JV groundhandling by mainline personnel has happened over the past 10 years - when you were around

Yet large stations like CLT, RDU and MIA are outsourced.

DL has not insourced a single station for mainline.

We all know NW had 40 plus Ramp stations while DL had like 12.

Reactions: 4 people
WorldTraveler said:
were you even a DL employee during 7.5? DL's station outsourcing was done decades ago.

DL's insourcing of DCI and JV groundhandling by mainline personnel has happened over the past 10 years - when you were around
yes. I was here well before 7.5 

you still didn't really answer my question. You are beating around the bush because your wrong and you know it. 

If I didn't lose scope with DCI and only the pilots did, then i should see plenty of CRJs/ERJs/EMBs in the hangar at work right? 

DL couldn't support a network as large as it has now if it weren't for regional jets. neither could any other carrier.

It is great to talk about how many flights are operated by DCI carriers but many of those wouldn't exist at all if there were no other options but mainline.

There is a reason why the size of WN's network is far smaller than the legacy carriers and why they pick large markets and serve with them wiht high frequency while being unable to make dozens of cities work which DL serves with its own aircraft - even if one or two flights per day on mainline supplemented by a dozen or more RJs.

I have repeatedly said that i would love to see more DL mainline staffed BW cities - but DL has focused instead on AW as a priority.

Dl also has its own BW people in more stations than AA or UA even post merger.

and specific to you, DL insources huge amounts of maintenance that other carriers simply do not do.

Hey Fred Astaire,

Stop dancing and answer TopDawg.

And AA and DL are about even with stations BW.

And probably equal to AW.

Nothing is preventing DL from placing CRJs and EMBs at mainline.

Latest posts