DALPA MEC Chair to step down

metopower said:
When did the topic title change? Post after post after post of nothing but union..profit sharing ..non Union...dci...and not a pilot amongst any of you. You probably won't be hearing from me again

Reactions: 1 person
Glenn Quagmire said:
This could have been a good thread. The Delta MEC will take on RA from a very strong position. That said, here is this:

The common issue to locked threads is WT. He is toxic. He could say thank you to someone and get -5 on the post.

This was a valid thread with information that could have been discussed. But not with the troll anywhere near.

Until he is gone, this Delta forum will have him repeating the same crap over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

I will leave this delta forum for good now until he is dispatched. I would call on Dawg and Kev to do the same. It seems that 700UW cannot help himself from responding. I think they may be the only others that actually respond to him any longer.

When the troll is gone, I may continue. Good luck to all.

I know with his asperger like obsession to have the last post in every thread prior to it being locked, I say fine. You can have it WT. It will prove to all here who read this that you simply cannot help yourself with your obsession.
10,000% CORRECTAMENDO!!!

Reactions: 1 person
you couldn't leave Kev's comment stand, could you?

I'm not going anywhere and I am not accepting anyone's blame because they are the ones that are unable to engage in a discussion without calling people names or blaming them for what is going on in the conversation.

This thread is about DL pilots, not the ramp, not the mechanics.

Kev has it figured out. Follow his lead.

WorldTraveler said:
The Spirit campaign closed and the plane is parked. It was a great rallying point for DL employees who were at DL at the time. Not all employees gave.

WorldTraveler said:
DL couldn't support a network as large as it has now if it weren't for regional jets. neither could any other carrier.

It is great to talk about how many flights are operated by DCI carriers but many of those wouldn't exist at all if there were no other options but mainline.

There is a reason why the size of WN's network is far smaller than the legacy carriers and why they pick large markets and serve with them wiht high frequency while being unable to make dozens of cities work which DL serves with its own aircraft - even if one or two flights per day on mainline supplemented by a dozen or more RJs.

I have repeatedly said that i would love to see more DL mainline staffed BW cities - but DL has focused instead on AW as a priority.

Dl also has its own BW people in more stations than AA or UA even post merger.

and specific to you, DL insources huge amounts of maintenance that other carriers simply do not do.

WorldTraveler said:
no, you fixed nothing.

you can't admit that a huge part of DL's network wouldn't exist if it required mainline only flights.

how about you pull up a few schedules and tell us the current number of markets which are flown exclusively by DCI?

absolutely.

And yet NW and DL had identical labor CASMs at the time of the merger. NW paid its people less and most of the cities that the IAM gained were mid-size cities that had service from both MSP and DTW. DL, quite simply did not have a hub that was smaller than ATL but on par with the size of DTW and MSP.

The reason why DL's network supports as much RJ to mainline conversions is because of the strength of the combined DL/NW route system. And yet large portions of LGA and DTW and SLC are still on RJs.

there is nothing that prevents any carrier from putting all of its regional operations at mainline.

and if the best unions can do is "about the same number of BW stations as DL" doesn't sound like there is a huge basis for a union.

thanks for pointing that out

WorldTraveler said:
you couldn't leave Kev's comment stand, could you?

I'm not going anywhere and I am not accepting anyone's blame because they are the ones that are unable to engage in a discussion without calling people names or blaming them for what is going on in the conversation.

This thread is about DL pilots, not the ramp, not the mechanics.

Kev has it figured out. Follow his lead.
Apparently you havent figured it out.

Reactions: 2 people
best post Glenn    I too have really fallen off these boards lately all due to one poster      Anyways  Good luck to all the DL pilots beginning of Sept  

Reactions: 5 people
You and others haven't and won't be missed if all you can do is show up to scrap on a discussion because someone else brings points to the discussion that you don't want to hear

I'm going nowhere from this board Figure out how to live peacefully in a world of diverse and divergent opinions or you, not me, will be marginalized

Meanwhile, DALPA is looking for new leadership

WorldTraveler said:
I'm going nowhere from this board Figure out how to live peacefully in a world of diverse and divergent opinions or you, not me, will be marginalized

I guess for some living in a world of diverse and divergent opinions means re-posting your opinion(s) ad nauseum.

Reactions: 2 people
there is no cap on how much can be posted on this board and there are people who far surpass me in their number of posts.

This board works best when people of diverse opinions are free to post what they want and for others to respond with gentility and respect.

The climate on here is changing for the better and that is great news.