Danger At 31,000 Feet.

I can't seem to get the video to post (the link works) but anyway it is a video of the engine inlet cone bouncing around the engine intake while a red hot visible ring is visible to the passenger.

I can't seem to get the video to post (the link works) but anyway it is a video of the engine inlet cone bouncing around the engine intake while a red hot visible ring is visible to the passenger.
Already been posted in another thread and discussed for the last 2 days.

Can I have a link please. I am interested in reading about it.
Yes sir. It's over in the Delta threads posted by jimntx. He also provided a link to the video. Here's his post below with the link...

Not much information here--i.e., a/c type, etc., but watching video of loose part flopping around in the engine is scary enough.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/09/us/delta-flight-engine-damage-video/index.html

Edit: Flight was ATL to BWI. diverted to RDU.

The link you had is based in Facebook. As a rule non-members are not allowed to view anything on the Facebook platform, and I can't swear to this (I'm not a FB member), but I don't think FB allows members to give public access to items on the FB platform.

And, I have to ask...why did you want to post an item on the American Airlines platform about an engine failure on a Delta Airlines aircraft?

The link you had is based in Facebook. As a rule non-members are not allowed to view anything on the Facebook platform, and I can't swear to this (I'm not a FB member), but I don't think FB allows members to give public access to items on the FB platform.

And, I have to ask...why did you want to post an item on the American Airlines platform about an engine failure on a Delta Airlines aircraft?
I did not know what airline it was. The poster gave no info about the video.

Even if I had known what airline I may have posted it anyway to show the importance of having qualified mechanics do maintenance in the United States.

Reactions: swamt