Dangerously Close Near Miss of Drone at JFK Airport

I hope it doesn't happen, but I have a feeling that sooner or later a drone is going to cause a serious accident.
I wonder what the authorities and/or airports could do?  Signal jammers around airports?  Ofcourse the jammers would not discriminate against just drones.  But perhaps they could be activated only once a drone is spotted and disabled?  Any other ideas?

FrugalFlyerv2.0 said:
I hope it doesn't happen, but I have a feeling that sooner or later a drone is going to cause a serious accident.
I wonder what the authorities and/or airports could do?  Signal jammers around airports?  Ofcourse the jammers would not discriminate against just drones.  But perhaps they could be activated only once a drone is spotted and disabled?  Any other ideas?
just like with lasers pointed at aircraft, police can go after them. Sometimes it works and people have been prosecuted.

The Israelis probably have a system to deal with drones. I doubt if it is a problem there.

Kev3188 said:
Agreed. I have a feeling its not a matter of "if," but one of "when."

FrugalFlyerv2.0 said:
yep. Simply amazing how stupid people are. 

I would think it would be pretty hard to cause a crash but it would not be fun to hit one or have an engine eat it. 

Latest posts