Dates set for ramp vote

http://www.seiu521.org/Union_dues_structure_changes_in_2011.asp

"Even though times are tough and we're all having to tighten our belts," said RoseAnn Dominguez, SEIU Local 521 Treasurer, "please remember that our dues are what helps our Union keep going in the fight to help us win decent contracts, minimize or stop takeaways, and put worker-friendly lawmakers in office to fight for our rights." "

Where in the above statement does it say anything about voluntary contributions !

What I told you is exactly what happens, I guess you want to believe something else more sinister?! Look at DOL statistics on whether a Union employee has better compensation and benefits or a non-Union employee. Not rocket science.

Reactions: 1 person
What I told you is exactly what happens, I guess you want to believe something else more sinister?! Look at DOL statistics on whether a Union employee has better compensation and benefits or a non-Union employee. Not rocket science.
That is true however look at the devastating effects it has upon the economic landscape. Look at how the steel unions did for the US steel industry. Once the worlds largest exporter is now a shadow of itself. Look at the history of the UAW. Look at the USPS unions.

Fact 1: Of the 8 states that will gains districts (Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Texas, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and Washington), all states except Washington are Right-to-Work states.

Fact 2: Of the 10 states that will lose districts (Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, and New Jersey), all states except Iowa and Louisiana are Forced-Unionism states.

I rest my case.

Reactions: 2 people
Ok look at the textile industry, barely any union representation and the majority went overseas.

Look at the technical help industry, no unions, all went over seas.

Look at call centers, went overseas.

All of this with non-union industries.

Try again.

Ok look at the textile industry, barely any union representation and the majority went overseas.

Try again.
And the same happen with majority of unionized companies as well. Cause and effect perhaps? :lol:

If it has happened, show us, more non-union jobs have moved overseas than union.

Guess you want to go back to being a slave, not I.

If it has happened, show us, more non-union jobs have moved overseas than union.

Guess you want to go back to being a slave, not I.
You are a slave to your union. You traded prosperity for mediocrity.

I will not.

Just look at the Teacher unions. No wonder our public education system is a mess and churning out dumb and dumber kids.

Just look at the Teacher unions. No wonder our public education system is a mess and churning out dumb and dumber kids.

Are you serious, You would be only in it for the love of teaching to go for a teaching degree because it pays garbage. Every time I read an article on education it is about cutting more funding. Your reasons for hatred of Unions are flawed. As for Arizona, I can speak first hand because I live there. Right to work means right to screw your employees and if you can get a job don't expect more than $10 an hour. Me, US Air unionized employee who would have it no other way.

You are a slave to your union. You traded prosperity for mediocrity.

I will not.
How am I a slave to my union?

I pay dues which are tax deductible, to enforce a CBA, not a company shill and not at the whim of the company.

Why does the CEO and other executives have Contracts?

What is good for them is good for the worker.

Try again.

Hmm, wonder if the "Highest Corporate Tax Rates in the World" have anything to do with companys moving their business out of the country !

There's no way anyone, including you, would want to run a business in the U.S. with Big brother and Unions breathing down their neck !

Hmm, wonder if the "Highest Corporate Tax Rates in the World" have anything to do with companys moving their business out of the country !

There's no way anyone, including you, would want to run a business in the U.S. with Big brother and Unions breathing down their neck !

Big business just needs more people like you, the ones that are easily duped or slave labor in the 3rd world countries.

Got to love it, they cant answer the question poised to the, so they try to deflect and attack.

Then explain how foreign car makers have factories in the US and are building more.

Toyota, Hyundai, Honda, Mercedes, Nissan, etc...

Explain that one!

Then explain how foreign car makers have factories in the US and are building more.

Toyota, Hyundai, Honda, Mercedes, Nissan, etc...

Explain that one!

Err.....................to avoid "Import Taxes" maybe ! :blink:

Tell me something................if you owned a car manufacturing company , let's say, called "700UW Auto Works", how much would you be willing to pay a dude who screws on the lug nuts ?