Dave Siegel is at it again

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_26955916/frontier-blames-rising-taxes-landing-fees-denver-job

Frontier Airlines will cut flights and jobs at Denver International Airport because increased taxes and landing fees have made the hub unprofitable, airline CEO Dave Siegel told employees Monday.

The letter to F9 employees reads much like the ones he wrote at US:

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2014/1117/20141117_013801_Special-letter-from-CEO-Dave-Siegel-11-17-14.pdf

...With fewer flights and connecting passengers at DIA, we will need fewer employees to staff the operation
with the new winter schedule. While not guaranteed, it is our hope that staffing reductions can be
absorbed through retirements and natural attrition. I also know engaging an outside vendor is a question
on your minds. As we have stated in the past, it is critical that Frontier be competitive and this remains an
option under review as do a range of other cost cutting measures.
I know change isn’t always easy and can be stressful but I strongly believe that the steps we are taking
today to transform Frontier will better position our airline for the future....

I feel sorry for the Frontier folks.

Dont call me Shirley said:
http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_26955916/frontier-blames-rising-taxes-landing-fees-denver-job

Frontier Airlines will cut flights and jobs at Denver International Airport because increased taxes and landing fees have made the hub unprofitable, airline CEO Dave Siegel told employees Monday.

The letter to F9 employees reads much like the ones he wrote at US:

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2014/1117/20141117_013801_Special-letter-from-CEO-Dave-Siegel-11-17-14.pdf

...With fewer flights and connecting passengers at DIA, we will need fewer employees to staff the operation
with the new winter schedule. While not guaranteed, it is our hope that staffing reductions can be
absorbed through retirements and natural attrition. I also know engaging an outside vendor is a question
on your minds. As we have stated in the past, it is critical that Frontier be competitive and this remains an
option under review as do a range of other cost cutting measures.
I know change isn’t always easy and can be stressful but I strongly believe that the steps we are taking
today to transform Frontier will better position our airline for the future....

I feel sorry for the Frontier folks.

All the employees of Frontier can fully blame the pilots at Frontier for being to hard headed in coming to an agreement with the SWA pilots.  Ever since this agreement fell through Frontier has been reducing jobs and employees for many many years.  The Frontier pilots could have been in the very same shoes as the AirTran pilots are currently.  
BTW doesn't this belong in a different forum??  What does this have to do with US Air??  

Reactions: 1 person
swamt said:
All the employees of Frontier can fully blame the pilots at Frontier for being to hard headed in coming to an agreement with the SWA pilots.  Ever since this agreement fell through Frontier has been reducing jobs and employees for many many years.  The Frontier pilots could have been in the very same shoes as the AirTran pilots are currently.  
BTW doesn't this belong in a different forum??  What does this have to do with US Air??  

Dave Siegel is a former CEO of US Airways.  He was similarly loved at US as it appears he is at Frontier.

David "Bugsy" Seigel was brought in to steer then USAirways (the Titanic) staight into BK1 (The iceberg).

PullUp said:
David "Bugsy" Seigel was brought in to steer then USAirways (the Titanic) staight into BK1 (The iceberg).

Twice I might add, we called it chapter 22.

do you have buyer's remorse with FL?

what was the price WN was willing to pay for F9? FL certainly provided more access to the east coast.... F9 would have helped WN eliminate losses in DEN a whole lot faster.

With Dave Siegel as Frontier's CEO and President along with Bill Franke as Frontier's Board Chairman and  who couldn't see what would happen??? Cripes!  Any of us having worked for America West or US Airways more than 15 years would have seen Frontier's future.

As a sidenote, AirTran merger with WN gave slots into DCA and ATL which were more difficult to come by that what F9 offered with DEN, not to mention, fleet commonality (with the exception of some B717s that DL picked-up).  I would imagine over time that F9 would become less of a factor in DEN being a very distant 3rd place as a very marginal "hub".

And why wouldn't we? He squandered almost a billion dollars in compensation concessions. Have you dealt with him? I have and he got fired and walked away with $6 million in his pension for being there about two years.

Reactions: 3 people