Death Panels

delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
Downrange
www.youtube.com
It is good we modeled our healthcare after Eurostyle HC. What was it Obama said when Grandma came to a certain point in life....We'd have to have a democratic conversation?

Belgium is considering a significant change to its decade-old euthanasia law that would allow minors and Alzheimer's sufferers to seek permission to die.

The draft legislation calls for "the law to be extended to minors if they are capable of discernment or affected by an incurable illness or suffering that we cannot alleviate."

He said parliamentarians would also consider extended mercy-killing to people suffering from Alzheiner's-type illnesses.

http://www.france24....imers-sufferers

No chance this would ever be abused or get out of hand, right Mien Fuhrer?

Oh he belongs to the Tea Party and is suffering from Alzhiemers.

Reactions: 1 person
Not sure you should feel safe now.

I have had "the" conversation with doctors on behalf of my loved ones in their care. there comes a time in the death process where medicine and tests become torture, not to mention hopeless and expensive.

Making them comfortable and stopping treatment is not easy.

Not sure you should feel safe now.

I have had "the" conversation with doctors on behalf of my loved ones in their care. there comes a time in the death process where medicine and tests become torture, not to mention hopeless and expensive.

Making them comfortable and stopping treatment is not easy.

It makes it more fun if you give the government the authority to decide for you.

It makes it more fun if you give the government the authority to decide for you.

Yes....it's much more horrible for the government to tell an 89 year old with Alzhiemers no more...but it's good business sense for an insurance company to tell a 49 year old "we're sorry but....".

The party of small government, the party of personal responsibility is the party who wants to tell me that I cannot die on my own terms.

GOP the party of hypocrisy strikes again.

The sad truth is most people faced with pain and loss of bodily functions want to choose how and when but the govt wont let them have that choice.

Yet, as kc said, insurance companies decide for people who actually have a shot at living all the time.

So how do you feel about that Dell? It's ok to condemn a person to death for financial reasons as long as it comes from a privatised institution?

The sad truth is most people faced with pain and loss of bodily functions want to choose how and when but the govt wont let them have that choice.

Yet, as kc said, insurance companies decide for people who actually have a shot at living all the time.

So how do you feel about that Dell? It's ok to condemn a person to death for financial reasons as long as it comes from a privatised institution?

I don't know if Dell has ever faced it. My dad had cancer. Went thru Chemo (Medicare paid for it) when he was 74. It went into remission in Thanksgiving 2000. It was back in February 2001. He signed his own death warrant by deciding not to go thru Chemo again...even though Medicare was willing to pay. I think they call that "end of life counseling".

My ex mother (86) fell down stairs, breaking her neck, arm and leg. Again Medicare (read the government) was willing to pay for her rehab..even though SHE knew the life she knew was over. She did a little end of life counseling with a priest - and decided to forgo food.

The right has played up "death panels" because of a mention of 'end of life counseling". I guess they are all for quantity over quality. Funny....two people close to me opted for quality. AND....they saved the taxpayer money.

The right does not give a rats ass about people. They are against abortion but won't do a dam thing to prevent unwanted pregnancy. They want to extend life at all cost regardless of what the person wants. We treat our pets better than the republicans allow us to treat our family members. They would like to make people believe that people in Oregon or other nations that allow euthanasia are being offed left and right against their will. Never mind that there is not support for their lies.

I'm really tired of the republican version of small government. I'd like them out of my life.

The right does not give a rats ass about people. They are against abortion but won't do a dam thing to prevent unwanted pregnancy. They want to extend life at all cost regardless of what the person wants. We treat our pets better than the republicans allow us to treat our family members. They would like to make people believe that people in Oregon or other nations that allow euthanasia are being offed left and right against their will. Never mind that there is not support for their lies.

I'm really tired of the republican version of small government. I'd like them out of my life.

Basically your treatise is full of baloney.
Right didn't create your Obamacare....
Right didn't have any input whatsoever of the 2100 pages of the act.
Right had no input whatsoever......
As Nancy said, "We have to pass it so we can see whats in it".......besides the rage at town hall meetings on the subject and those reps at those meetings saying they never read the act........its quite evident that Congress vendored out the writing of the Affordable Care Act.
Tides Foundation through the Apollo Project took care of this for your leftist party.....against the will of the American people.

But it's ok to condemn a person to death as long as it comes from a government institution ?

Thing is the republicans have been screwing with people and forcing their hypocritical BS morality on the country for decades.
Yeah, and this country and world is in much better shape, ever since the progressives and atheist have launch an all out assault on said morality's !