Dec 2012 / Jan 2013 US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jamie you didn't listen to the investor web cast this morning. Parker stated this merger is good for the employees as the stand alone carrier could have never paid what the merged carrier can pay.
I did listen. I also agree with him regarding the pay. The point I was trying to make has nothing to do with pay. I was pointing out that as a stand alone AMR was at greater risk of staying solvent without a merger because of size in comparison to the other three carriers. Our positive earnings these past few years support us in our argument if and/or when we would go to a SLI arbitration.

That's all.

End of Alpa curiously said: "If Gary IS proposing this, he better be prepared to be sued and recalled.

It is a CLEAR violation of the C & B as well as Labor Law. He can be personally held liable. we are on top of it, if what you say is true, which I truly doubt. "

Wow, my friend, don't know where to start. But I will try.

The only requirement to be on a committee is to be a member in good standing. You can be a practicing witch doctor and cross dresser on the side, but you are a potential committee member.

The President appoints, the BPR approves. So you are going to "sue" him for suggesting a member in good standing? No, the BPR simply does not approve the appointment. I guess you could recall him, but good luck with that. The members have just shown they have zero taste for recalls of any kind, in fact the CLT members disagreed with the recall but approved the MOU by a large margin.

So there will be no suing, no violations of labor law , and no personal responsibilities to be dealt with. Maybe a recall, but it won't pass.

All that said, I am not even addressing the issues in the thread, only your logic in this particular post. The mysteries and intrigue of appointments to the Merger Committee escape me. It will in the end only be a process that occurs at a meeting, just like the staffing of any other committee.

I actually do not think you are on top of this one.

Greeter
Then you do not read labor law, my friend. Nor have you read the MOU. The ONLY parties allowed at the table are three: the new AMR, APA and USAPA. USAPA is THE ONLY party allowed at the table on behalf of US Airways pilots. You are right, the BPR approves and they won't approve AOL and legally Gary CANNOT appoint a third party to represent the West because there is no west under the law. Again, there is only USAPA and APA. The company's place at the table is neutral in ALL respects except for paragraph 10. (B).

You want to see a DFR, you'll see that and a complaint to the DOL if they attempt to violate it. In fact, you better go talk to Pat, Brian and Roland. They'll tell you. Don't believe me.

ASK THEM!

Reactions: 2 people
Rest assured that if AoL is invited to participate, the Nic is guaranteed to be used. I wonder why we haven't gotten any word as to a contingency if this happens.

I am not trying to argue, just trying to understand here, Why would AoL be invited to participate? Are they invited to participate in negotiations with the company on behalf of the "west" pilots? Are they asked for their input for anything from the company regarding the pilot group as a whole? Isnt that USAPA's job? Just my opinion, but I think USAPA could make a case for AoL not being there as USAPA is the recogonized bargaining agent for the pilot group as a whole, not AoL. So seriously, why would the company invite AoL? Just asking.

I've heard that McKee and his incoming band of merry men have plans in place to challenge the MoU due to a technicality with the Constitution. They will file a protest in April.

Sent an email to MY reps and got a quick response that this wasn't true. You said you sent 3 emails with no response? Maybe they are not your reps?

Stupidest post ever. The Ninth AND Judge Silver told you that USAPA can negotiate any SLI they wish. And, no other union, including the APA, would EVER concede that they would be bound by a prior union's negotiating position. Dude, just stop already.

That omly whining I see here are the westies that are gonna have to pay their dues like everybody else.

Still cherry picking Billy? What was the REST OF THE STORY with Judge Silver & the Ninth's orders. Do we need to school you (again)??

Still cherry picking Billy? What was the REST OF THE STORY with Judge Silver & the Ninth's orders. Do we need to school you (again)??
You haven't gotten it right yet, what makes you think you will now? AOL has no standing in RLA negotiations, and if they are even present, expect a lawsuit. You guys already agreed to give it up, so just stop already.

The rest of the story is that she came back and reitierated just whom her order pertained to, and it was ALL of you. Have you gotten another bill from the illustrious legal team yet? I'm sure their new cars must need to be paid for.

Reactions: 1 person
You haven't gotten it right yet, what makes you think you will now? AOL has no standing in RLA negotiations, and if they are even present, expect a lawsuit. You guys already agreed to give it up, so just stop already.

The rest of the story is that she came back and reitierated just whom her order pertained to, and it was ALL of you. Have you gotten another bill from the illustrious legal team yet? I'm sure their new cars must need to be paid for.

Don't you worry your pretty little head, Cupcake. It's not a problem in the least.

Your time is better spent re-reading the orders. There are lots of big words to digest. Keep at it, you'll get it eventually.

Reactions: 3 people
Don't you worry your pretty little head, Cupcake. It's not a problem in the least.

Your time is better spent re-reading the orders. There are lots of big words to digest. Keep at it, you'll get it eventually.
Trust me, I understand EVERY word. You need to stop dreaming and come back to the real world. Then go back to work and pay your dues.

AOL isn't waiting around to be "invited". AOL doesn't give a sh*t who wants what and where. The only course of action is in Federal Court. That's where this is going to get hashed out. AOL doesn't need to be invited to anything as long as USCABA is under court order to hand over the Nic to the APA as the certified list for US Airways pilots. Without an LUP to do otherwise, USTUPID is dead meat. We all know they nothing but whining, crying, and temper tantrums. None of which consititute an LUP. A Jury told them this once already and every single Judge has warned them about how they proceed as well. They can't hide behind ripeness for much longer.

You have quite the dilemma Kevin. If you stay at AA you go into a merger with your other company you are on leave from. All the while you were trying for the Nic. Amazing how you fight against an unfair integration at one company, yet endorse it at another. Situational ethics at it's finest.

Says the cupcake who blew his members 2 million on an unripe suit.

Sent an email to MY reps and got a quick response that this wasn't true. You said you sent 3 emails with no response? Maybe they are not your reps?

JJ is posing. And he still hasn't t moved2clt
He has a lot on his plate and dancing with the stars is on back burner.

Stupidest post ever. The Ninth AND Judge Silver told you that USAPA can negotiate any SLI they wish. And, no other union, including the APA, would EVER concede that they would be bound by a prior union's negotiating position. Dude, just stop already.

That omly whining I see here are the westies that are gonna have to pay their dues like everybody else.
Judge Silver was talking about negotiating seniority in the process of a contract. usapa has made it clear that this MOU had nothing to do with seniority.

So WHO is usapa going to negotiate seniority with?The company has said they don't want to negotiate seniority and have said they are neutral. The APA does not want to get in the middle of a law suit. Plus judge Silver told everyone that in order to negotiate anything other than Nicolau usapa has to have an LUP. Any bet if APA wants to make that decision on their own and risk a law suit?

Safe harbor is use the Nicolau not risk a law suit not have to determine an LUP. The ninth said it does not have to be the Nicolau but it does have to be equal to the Nicolau. Unless usapa can come up with a list as good or better it WILL work the fear of the west pilots just like the ninth said.

Go ahead, throw your money to the lawyers. USAPA won't exist in a few months, who are you going to sue? APA? You think they are going to let that list in? Hell no. Sure, start the paperwork all over again. This thing will be tied up in court for years and then when the courts finally throw it out what do you have? Nothing except thousands of dollars wasted. There's a point when you have to realize this list isn't going to be used. My suggestion - print a copy of it, read it over a few shots of Jack Daniels, and throw it in the fire pit. Then count your lucky stars that you actually won the real lottery today with this merger because let's face it this never would have happened any other way for you.

Later,
Eye

Or for you. In what universe do you think usapa was ever going to get a contract? Let alone one close to what we got?

Actually you east pilots won the lottery TWICE by merging. Once with AWA next with AA. the first one saved your job the second saved your wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.