Delta 757 with new paint job and winglets...

It does look good...but it is a` former twa 757 aquired by aa then returned to the lease co. Delta will get 19 of the former twa airplanes.

Thanks for the correction, metopower. I have no idea why i thought it was NWA. Perhaps it has something to do with our new CEO perhaps???

You can tell it is an ex-TWA bird by the lack of over-wing exits. I've noticed Deltas 757's have over-wing exits, so by aquiring these ex-TWA planes, Delta is adding another sub-fleet.

You can tell it is an ex-TWA bird by the lack of over-wing exits. I've noticed Deltas 757's have over-wing exits, so by aquiring these ex-TWA planes, Delta is adding another sub-fleet.

The US 757 does not have overwing exits, either. Too bad US did not get these.

But, it does look really good. I love the new Delta look -- clean, simple, modern....

It does look good...but it is a` former twa 757 aquired by aa then returned to the lease co. Delta will get 19 of the former twa airplanes.
They are 757Etops. With the winglet mod they have a range of 400miles more than the rest of the fleet. As of right now we are getting 12 from AA with possiblity of geting three more. The rest of the exTWA 757's are with overseas carriers.

Those former TW757 birds have some age on them, correct me if I'm wrong but they could be late 80's early 90's. Lets see how they will do when they start throwing them across the pond. US is haveing problems with their aging 757's

Those former TW757 birds have some age on them, correct me if I'm wrong but they could be late 80's early 90's. Lets see how they will do when they start throwing them across the pond. US is haveing problems with their aging 757's

They are 2001 builds.

Yes, they are 2001 builds and the tail number is a clue to where they came from (TW as in TransWorld).

CORRECTION: N702TW was actually built in 1996 (see below):

Aircraft (FAA)
Manufacturer: Boeing
Model: 757-2Q8 Search all Boeing 757-2Q8
Year built: 1996
Serial Number (C/N): 28162
Mode S Code: 52256672
Aircraft Type: Fixed wing multi engine
Amateur-Built: No
Number of Seats: 178
Number of Engines: 2
Engine Type: Turbofan
Engine Manufacturer and Model: P & W PW2037

Thanks for the correction, metopower. I have no idea why i thought it was NWA. Perhaps it has something to do with our new CEO perhaps???

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Though what you had was a "Freudian slip", you have no idea how correct your assumption about NWA is/will be.

Age and technical dispatch reliability are directly related to MTC programs.

The new Delta livery actually looks good on this plane...not quite as good as the origional livery ;) but good.

Back