Delta a/c Mechanics

atlmech said:
Many less than '05, I believe its between 5 and 6k. I havent looked in a while.

Its something like that. 
TechOps total is around 10 or 11K I think. 

topDawg said:

Its something like that. 
TechOps total is around 10 or 11K I think. 
I took a look at the seniority list. 6.186 AMT's at the moment, but more get added all the time.

Reactions: 1 person
atlmech said:
I took a look at the seniority list. 6.186 AMT's at the moment, but more get added all the time.
I gotta ask for clarification,  do you mean 6,000 AMT's or 6.186 AMT's per Aircraft. Big difference in a period or a comma?

swamt said:
I gotta ask for clarification,  do you mean 6,000 AMT's or 6.186 AMT's per Aircraft. Big difference in a period or a comma?
Ooops. I had just gotten home from work. Its six thousand.

Thx for the clarification altmech. Oh, and BTW, we are less than half of that. Around 2,400 mechs.

Thanks Do you guys do any heavy maint.  C Checks or run mod lines. Is that 6000 line maint or everyone

We do some checks, I dont know what level they are, nothing as heavy as an overhaul though. That number includes engine shop and TOC mechanics.

paul1 said:
Thanks Do you guys do any heavy maint.  C Checks or run mod lines. Is that 6000 line maint or everyone

All of our overhauls are sent to vendors. 
I don't believe we do anything longer than a 14-17 day visit. 

We do the CF34, CFM56-5B/CFM56-7B, CF6-80A, CF6-80C2 (B6, B6F and B8F), PW4000-94, JT8D-219, PW2000 and BR715 in-house. Trent 1000, 7000 and XWB will be in-house motors. 
CFM56-5A, PW4168, V2500, CF6-80E1, Trent 800 and GE90s are sent out. Most of the APUs are sent to vendors also. (737/757/767 are in-house) 

yes we are doing some mods on the 757 and Airbus fleet. Also some of the short 737 mods. Most of it is being done by AAR, ST Aerospace and Aeroman though. 
All the widebody mods were sent out the last round. 

The issue we have now is that we are doing mods but its mostly contractors doing them. Yet another example of Delta starting with an idea that maybe wasn't terrible and now abusing the hell out of it. 

Also I don't think we are doing that much painting in house anymore. At least it seems like it is all being sent to vendors. (easy to tell, vendor paint last months, in-house paint last years. A lot of the airbus look like garbage) 

and the 6,000 AMTs is system wide. Line and base maintenance. 

Kev3188 said:
It's a recurrent theme around here...

but who cares "because they aren't laying anyone off" 

Junior people just get more junior but the senior guys could care less. Its really sad. 

More attention needs to be spent by TechOps employees on outsourcing (why don't we have a clear answer on what is/isn't sent out (hint so they can send out whatever they whenever they want). Why isn't there a cap on contractors!?!?! they were suppose to be seasonal flux but yet they are working during the off season now too? huh?) 

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
Yet you clowns keep voting  Non  Union  !

Clowns? 

Lets see, who makes more money out of AA/UA/DL? DL
Who does more work in-house? DL
Who also does about 700M worth of other airline work in house? DL 

So I'm a clown for not wanting a pay cut and even less work in-house than what we have now? 

Once again you show you have no idea what you are talking about. 

NHBB is still cryin the same retoric, he's been indoctrinated. This guy loves unions but hates them just as much. He has been so indoctrinated though he can't live without them. I would be willing to bet he is an all out Clinton supporter. I wonder if Trumps "bring jobs back to America" campaign is going to inlclude keeping US registered aircraft in country for heavy maintenance that NHBB's precious unions has allowed to go overseas?

Latest posts