Delta and Emirates

Considering Delta was ranked 49th in the world according to Skytrax and Emirates is ranked 5th I'd have to say Delta came out smelling like roses based on what the author of the article says when comparing the two.

Reactions: 3 people
Lucky777 said:
Considering Delta was ranked 49th in the world according to Skytrax and Emirates is ranked 5th I'd have to say Delta came out smelling like roses based on what the author of the article says when comparing the two.
FWIW skytrax is a pretty big joke. its not the most bias free award in the world. 

example, Virgin America is number 1 in the US but doesn't fly a single long haul route or doesn't have a single lie-flat product in its fleet. 

Reactions: 2 people
topDawg said:
FWIW skytrax is a pretty big joke. its not the most bias free award in the world. 

example, Virgin America is number 1 in the US but doesn't fly a single long haul route or doesn't have a single lie-flat product in its fleet. 

No kidding. 

I'd love to see the criteria used to arrive at the ranking where there are over 40 airlines that separate DL from EK. 
Let's assume that EK is 'top notch' and DL is '49th'.  That would mean that in between almost every major European, Asian, USA, Latim American, etc. carrier is better than DL.  Really???  Yes, there certainly are carriers that offer a better overall product than DL - but it certainly isn't >40.

Don't worry Frugal, I'm sure Spirit is still below Delta.

Actually, I don't put much value on any subjective surveys/rankings.  Any one of them is an indication of the preferences of the people questioned on the day(s) of the survey.  And, those passenger preferences can change in an instant.  As a flight attendant, I can tell you that some of those frequent flyers who get surveyed will make you think that their lives have been destroyed if they don't get their entree preference for dinner.  Sometimes I just want to say to them, "Oh, for crying out loud, grow up.  It's airplane food!"   :lol:

For instance, a big deal seems to be made about the size of the personal video screen.  OK, but they've never surveyed me, and I could not care less about that issue.  I watch the news (Meet the Press and Downton Abbey) on my tv at home.  My tv is a color table top model that is almost 15 years old.  It more than suffices for my tv viewing needs.

Reactions: 1 person
jimntx said:
Don't worry Frugal, I'm sure Spirit is still below Delta.

If you say so ... ... ...

spirit-airlines-69-ad-2-tdc_1426597961098_15095295_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

jimntx said:
As a flight attendant, I can tell you that some of those frequent flyers who get surveyed will make you think that their lives have been destroyed if they don't get their entree preference for dinner.

AWS8903.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts