Delta Anti-Merger Video

Are you saying that the DL CEO is not being truthful? But he wears a button! I saw it, I did!

That video is great; it's a lot like one of those preacher type programs that tour the country speaking to thousands of people at a time and helping them find God....... I was almost moved to tears! :lol:

He's got 'em right where he wants 'em..... ;)

I guess you can see what you want to see in any situation. When I watched the video, I saw a bunch of people who happened to like their employer and had pride in their company. It's just something many people at your company simply can't understand; and I don't blame them. I shared an apartment in Boston with a US F/A, and she was never happy. If it bothers you so much, don't watch it. Stay on the USAirways board and laugh about it there.
Happy New Year!

I guess you can see what you want to see in any situation. When I watched the video, I saw a bunch of people who happened to like their employer and had pride in their company. It's just something many people at your company simply can't understand; and I don't blame them. I shared an apartment in Boston with a US F/A, and she was never happy. If it bothers you so much, don't watch it. Stay on the USAirways board and laugh about it there.
Happy New Year!
Oh no, don't get me wrong, I have enormous pride in my company, and enjoy my FA job very much! I am all for pride and "liking" your employer, what I am not really sure about is why the DL people are not questioning their leader as much as they are the US proposal. You all want it shot down so fast, and then what? Definite better job security? Definitely no paycuts, layoffs, a/c retirements, etc...? I mean it's great to praise your employer at some stadium revival and wear lots of pretty buttons, but somehow I do not think the people interviewed in the video were asking the really important questions.

The rage against US from the DL masses in understandable, that is infact how fear and uncertainty manifests itself in line employees. It's expected. Just wondering if DL and those employees are 100% sure of their future standalone path, or are just being "told" that this is hostile and horrible and bad and just say NO!

Happy New Year to you too!

It's just something many people at your company simply can't understand; and I don't blame them.
You could not be more wrong. They do understsnd.

They want what you and the management have managed to build in the last 18 months. Why? They know they do not have management that knows how to run an airline. How? They have to live it everyday. They have been here before. They know first hand what happens to them if this does not go through. BK4.

Their management is great however at cashing checks they did not earn.....

You could not be more wrong. They do understsnd.

They want what you and the management have managed to build in the last 18 months. Why? They know they do not have management that knows how to run an airline. How? They have to live it everyday. They have been here before. They know first hand what happens to them if this does not go through. BK4.

Their management is great however at cashing checks they did not earn.....

You couldn't be more wrong. Why do you have such a chip on your shoulder? Was it because the North won the Civil War, because USair bought your beloved Piedmont? Did you get fired from USAir? What gives?

You couldn't be more wrong. Why do you have such a chip on your shoulder? Was it because the North won the Civil War, because USair bought your beloved Piedmont? Did you get fired from USAir? What gives?
Nope just a VFF who flys 250 to 300 segemnts a year. US for years got most of them and still get some when I have no choice. I know your airline as well or better than you do and I see the difference every time I fly.

Your company will not survive without this merger. YOUR company brings nothing to the table but an operation that is inept at best. See ya in BK 4

Nope just a VFF who flys 250 to 300 segemnts a year. US for years got most of them and still get some when I have no choice. I know your airline as well or better than you do and I see the difference every time I fly.

Your company will not survive without this merger. YOUR company brings nothing to the table but an operation that is inept at best. See ya in BK 4
When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meager and unsatisfactory kind: it may be the beginning of knowledge, but you have scarcely, in your thoughts, advanced to the stage of science, what ever the matter may be.
Lord Kelvin 1824-1907, British scientist

When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meager and unsatisfactory kind: it may be the beginning of knowledge, but you have scarcely, in your thoughts, advanced to the stage of science, what ever the matter may be.
Lord Kelvin 1824-1907, British scientist
Great quote.

Can you make sure doogie gets it in Tempe. He could use it.....

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I have enormous pride in my company, and enjoy my FA job very much! I am all for pride and "liking" your employer, what I am not really sure about is why the DL people are not questioning their leader as much as they are the US proposal. You all want it shot down so fast, and then what? Definite better job security? Definitely no paycuts, layoffs, a/c retirements, etc...? I mean it's great to praise your employer at some stadium revival and wear lots of pretty buttons, but somehow I do not think the people interviewed in the video were asking the really important questions.

The rage against US from the DL masses in understandable, that is infact how fear and uncertainty manifests itself in line employees. It's expected. Just wondering if DL and those employees are 100% sure of their future standalone path, or are just being "told" that this is hostile and horrible and bad and just say NO!

Happy New Year to you too!

I'm not 100% sure of anything; especially in the airline industry. I would just "feel" better going it alone. Then, if we fail-well, at least we tried. Delta has been very good to me for 13 years. They even gave me 4 years off to become a nurse. I did this for one reason: things will NEVER be the way they used to be. When I became a F/A, I thought it would be my career until I retired. Well, that just isn't the case anymore. And no union contract will EVER bring the old job back. If we merge with US AND the merger results in a strong, healthy airline that will allow me to drop trips and take mini-leaves throughout the year, then I'll be just fine. Until the next merger or BK.

Will you be mentioning this every other post? Just curious. :blink:

Sorry. I've worked hard to get where I am and am VERY proud of it. I mentioned it here to exemplify that DL is not my end-all be-all. To illustrate that I'm not some kool-aid drinking, brain-washed employee who thinks that DL can do no wrong, as we've been accused of by practically every US poster. I don't want the merger for practical, logical reasons. But, if we are sold-off piecemeal, then I have a back-up-because I'm a nurse!
Secondly, I draw on my experience from both of my jobs, as they are very similar. The relationship between nurse and patient and nurse and doctor are quite similar to flight attendant/passenger and flight attendant/pilot. Plus, both professions have chronic complainers who really shoudn't be there, but refuse to quit and give the rest of us a break from their b***ing!
Lastly, I don't know who reads what posts so I really wasn't aware that I had broached the subject so much. Thanks you for pointing it out, though.
Have a good New Year!

Sorry. I've worked hard to get where I am and am VERY proud of it. I mentioned it here to exemplify that DL is not my end-all be-all. To illustrate that I'm not some kool-aid drinking, brain-washed employee who thinks that DL can do no wrong, as we've been accused of by practically every US poster. I don't want the merger for practical, logical reasons. But, if we are sold-off piecemeal, then I have a back-up-because I'm a nurse!
Secondly, I draw on my experience from both of my jobs, as they are very similar. The relationship between nurse and patient and nurse and doctor are quite similar to flight attendant/passenger and flight attendant/pilot. Plus, both professions have chronic complainers who really shoudn't be there, but refuse to quit and give the rest of us a break from their b***ing!
Lastly, I don't know who reads what posts so I really wasn't aware that I had broached the subject so much. Thanks you for pointing it out, though.
Have a good New Year!
:D NYC, you should be proud...congrats. Many of us are in the medical field. I know what you mean; it's just that I don't usually mention that I am a flight attendant twelve times on my medical blog, you know <_< Happy New Year, I hope it will be the best one ever. USCREW.

patient and nurse and doctor are quite similar to flight attendant/passenger and flight attendant/pilot. Plus, both professions have chronic complainers who really shoudn't be there, but refuse to quit and give the rest of us a break from their b***ing!
I find that patients complain in a very different way in the hospital...It's hard to throw much of an attitude when you're practically naked!

Latest posts