Delta claims no rules broken after passengers stranded on plane for 7 hours

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC

Delta claims no rules broken after passengers stranded on plane for 7 hours
SIOUX FALLS, SD (CBS46) -
Delta Airlines says it did not break rules after a plane full of passengers sat on a tarmac for seven hours.
The incident happened in Sioux Falls, South Dakota as the plane was getting ready to take off for Atlanta.
In a statement, Delta Airlines said the flight was delayed because of weather and other aircraft awaiting de-icing. 

Read more: http://www.cbs46.com/story/30773309/delta-claims-no-rules-broken-after-passengers-stranded-on-plane-for-7-hours#ixzz3umPbV5LP

Reactions: 2 people
There's got to be more to this story. DL has a huge internal infrastructure (for lack of a better term) in place to avoid these types of situations. Hopefully, some more details come to light...

If that was the case (and I don't know if it was/wasn't), then why didn't anyone take it? Or did they, and those that stayed wound up on the A/C for seven hours?

Also, were there gating issues (shouldnt've been, given that it was a launch flight)? Air stairs?

Was the crew asked to do a gate return and refused?

Too many questions here...

townpete said:
And then there's this:
"Delta said it did not violate the rule because it allowed passengers the option to deplane."
I know your rooting for Delta's demise, but this really is one big nothing burger.
You are truly blind and ignorant.

Never have I posted nor wished for DL's demise.

Another entry for petey's list of lies.

In your own little RWNJ world.

Post one post where I stated I wished DL's demise.

But you can't and won't, another addition to petey's list of lies.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm sure most of you know this, but the 3 hours (4 for intl departures) starts when pax are informed of their last opportunity to deplane, but it restarts every time they are informed that they have an opportunity to get off the plane (jet bridge or air stairs no matter which). 

Some carriers will be back on the gate before the 3/4 hour time limit and avoid any he-said-she-said liability. Others will play on the edge of the abyss and do the "we told them they could leave" approach. Unfortunately, since there's no audit trail on "last time you were informed" that you could provide to the DOT (unlike an ACARS log which shows doors being opened & closed), the airline may still get stuck with the fine if assessed.

Yes you can Meto.

I was so happy to hear Delta come out and publicly support the Endeavor PIC.

BZ Delta.