Delta is ambitiously promising it will respond to all tweets from customers within an hour

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/delta-ambitiously-promising-respond-tweets-172251301.html

CUqxzt9UwAAzp9w.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
I was in ATL last month and saw a presentation by a member of the social media team. I also got to see them at work in our OCC. It was impressive. IAM sure they can pull it off.

Reactions: 4 people
Kev3188 said:
I was in ATL last month and saw a presentation by a member of the social media team. I also got to see them at work in our OCC. It was impressive. IAM sure they can pull it off.
I am confused as to why some gave you negativea for acknowledging the fact that Delta can do this.

I have no doubt that they can.

Reactions: 1 person
Happy Turkey day Kev !
I'd like to offer a hidden side to this new policy.  For example, you 'could have a scenario where some..." It's all about me" passenger is 'ratting out' any agent, or Flight attendant for petty shiit, therefore putting said employees constantly behind the  8 ball  !  A Great Way for keeping them afraid for thier Non Union  jobs   !!!!!!!!!!!

Just wait and see, my long time friend.

Happy T-day to you too!

It's no secret that the company monitors a lot of sites (hi guys!). It is what it is.

As far as going after a specific employee due to a tweet? I would certainly hope not, but anything is possible, I 'spose...

That said, I really think this initiative is far more focused on fast/effective customer service resolution that anything else, and that is something I really support.

Reactions: 3 people
It's a noble effort, but other airlines already do this, eg Virgin America and JetBlue. AA manages to do it as well, but only because they outsourced their social media to a third party, and the responses they give aren't always what I'd call adequate or sometimes even informed.

Given DL's focus on owning as much of the customer transaction as they can, I'm sure they'll do fine.

Kev3188 said:
Happy T-day to you too!

It's no secret that the company monitors a lot of sites (hi guys!). It is what it is.

As far as going after a specific employee due to a tweet? I would certainly hope not, but anything is possible, I 'spose...

That said, I really think this initiative is far more focused on fast/effective customer service resolution that anything else, and that is something I really support.

You're probably  MORE  correct than me Kev, and I do hope thats the case.
That said,  the country and it's  ' Employee at will, and RTW '....and GROWING might I add, ...I Trust NO company, where the employee has NO legal recourse to a ' bag-job ' firing  !!

eolesen said:
You should have just left it at trust no company.

Wrong AGAIN ERIC.
I Trust  UPS, AMTRAK, The Major newspapers in this country, the MBTA in BOS, the MTA in NYC, METRA in Chicago,..christ I could be here all night typing out Union company names.
Everyone on this board Knows it,...but the BEST part, is  YOU KNOW IT   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heh. We know you're content sucking away at the taxpayers teat and living in the past.

Half of those are government transit agencies, not companies.

As for the rest, print media is dying. Don't need a pressman to publish on an iPad or smartphone.

UPS is the only safe one in your list, and even they could be at some risk once Amazon launches its own logistics network.

eolesen said:
UPS is the only safe one in your list, and even they could be at some risk once Amazon launches its own logistics network.
Amazon Airlines is coming? Or are they going to open warehouses that are within 48 hours by truck from any market?

Sorry for the thread drift. Maybe this needs its own thread.

Latest posts