Delta Is Giving Away 1% of Its Profits to Charity

Hatu

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
MIA
Delta Air Lines will donate 1% of its net income to charitable organizations.

The carrier will start its commitment this year, and barring unforeseen financial circumstances, Delta is set to give away around $37 million to charitable organizations worldwide, according to an open letter shared by incoming CEO Ed Bastian to his employees.

Delta didnt specify which charities would receive its donations, which will be fulfilled through cash contributions, in-kind travel and grants. But the Atlanta-based carrier did list a few key areas that the company is committed to, including education, arts and culture, the military, and the environment.

http://fortune.com/2016/02/26/delta-charity-one-percent/?xid=yahoo_fortune

Reactions: 3 people
Good for them and those who are in receipt of it.

It would be nice if they allowed the employees to somehow have a say in where it went.

Reactions: 1 person
Glenn Quagmire said:
Good for them and those who are in receipt of it.
It would be nice if they allowed the employees to somehow have a say in where it went.
They always have

metopower said:
They always have
How does that process work?

Do they survey the employees asking what their chosen charities are?

In my company we are allowed to choose from a vetted list that shows how much actual dollars goes to charitable activities and how much goes to administration.

Reactions: 1 person
Kev3188 said:
They always have what?

This program is a new announcement...

It just kills some of you that DAL does something good.

And you have to bend over backwards and try to poke holes in it.

Un-fricken-believable....

Reactions: 3 people
Glenn Quagmire said:
How does that process work?

Do they survey the employees asking what their chosen charities are?

In my company we are allowed to choose from a vetted list that shows how much actual dollars goes to charitable activities and how much goes to administration.

Well It is your company, and you run it the way you want.

And so do others.

nuff said

Reactions: 2 people
Kev3188 said:
Your track record of being absolutely wrong remains unblemished...

That said, this /is/ a new announcement, is it not?

Of course it is a new announcement. That much is obvious.

I'm aware of the Force for Global Good. I'm asking about this specific initiative.

That said, how have previous charities been selected? Metopower's response implies that employees are always asked/involved in the selection process. Is that correct? If so, what process(es) are used?

Kev3188 said:
I'm aware of the Force for Global Good. I'm asking about this specific initiative.
That said, how have previous charities been selected? Metopower's response implies that employees are always asked/involved in the selection process. Is that correct? If so, what process(es) are used?
Why do you think this is anything more then additional money's put into existing programs. Where does it state otherwise? And lastly why do you always try to find controversy in anything DL does? It's not northwest. Flame away.

Reactions: 2 people