Delta Labor Relations thread.

700UW said:
Ever going to come up with an original thought?
You don't work the ramp, it doesn't effect you, do you not understand that fact?
Don't see you whining about the pilots and their CBA and ask.
Nor do you complain that Anderson makes millions, and has an employment contract.
Nor do you complain how DL spends millions with third parties to keep their employees from having a voice in the workplace.
Absolutely none of this has ANY bearing, whatsoever, on your life, one way or the other.....period!

So then, why exactly are you here, again

Even people, at other airlines and supposedly represented by the IAM, are fed up with their crap and want them out! And here you are, not an official IAM rep, peddling their wares, for some unknown reason!

Reactions: 2 people
townpete said:
More tired talking points we all heard before.

Answer me this: How many of those contracts, do you pay a monthly fee for a third party middlemen to supposedly "represent your best interests"? And have it damn near impossible to fire them when and if they become useless?

Cant wait to here this one......
Just one under your criteria. Absolutely admittedly almost impossible to fire them. Actually the way I look at it, I pay for an insurance policy. The first time I need to use the policy to protect my assets if I'm successful and brought back to work it will have paid for itself in spades.

You have ZERO ability to fight for your job back if some overzealous manager maybe just doesn't like you for whatever reason and just makes something up to get you out.

Granted if you're a good worker (and don't rock the boat too badly) you should have a marvelous career all the way to the end.

I like having my insurance policy. You don't need one apparently. I'm not the one arguing with you. I just asked you a question that once again you didn't answer. (I did)

Oh and Petey. Don't tell me that you have the internal Company procedure to help you. You and I both know that once you go out that door, you'll never walk back through it again.

WeAAsles said:
Just one under your criteria. Absolutely admittedly almost impossible to fire them. Actually the way I look at it, I pay for an insurance policy. The first time I need to use the policy to protect my assets if I'm successful and brought back to work it will have paid for itself in spades.
You have ZERO ability to fight for your job back if some overzealous manager maybe just doesn't like you for whatever reason and just makes something up to get you out.
Granted if you're a good worker (and don't rock the boat too badly) you should have a marvelous career all the way to the end.
I like having my insurance policy. You don't need one apparently. I'm not the one arguing with you. I just asked you a question that once again you didn't answer. (I did)

What If this, what if that...

If unions are all unicorns and rainbows then why the dwindling numbers? If the people at DAL wanted a union they would have chosen one already.

Perhaps they need to rethink how they approach opposition rather then to lie, insult and spit on. They have a major PR problem that hasn't gone away. In fact it's gotten worse after their card fraud campaigns. First at Boeing then at DAL.

Reactions: 1 person
All you have to do is look at the fighting the unions are starting at AA to see why most DL folks don't want a union

townpete said:
What If this, what if that...
If unions are all unicorns and rainbows then why the dwindling numbers? If the people at DAL wanted a union they would have chosen one already.
Perhaps they need to rethink how they approach opposition rather then to lie, insult and spit on. They have a major PR problem that hasn't gone away. In fact it's gotten worse after their card fraud campaigns. First at Boeing then at DAL.
I'm not talking about Unions. The subject here has already been beaten to death. I'm talking about an "enforceable employment contract" Something you don't have and a subject you continue to avoid.

You're like a contractor that does work on a house without having the owner sign on the dotted line before he gets paid. Actually I'm wrong. You're like a contractor that was forced to sign an agreement to work on my house that legally (Right to work) I can refuse to pay and throw you out any time I feel like it. And if you left your tools behind I can keep them if I want. And there's nothing you can do about it. I can Jip you and rip you off anytime I want. As easy as I want.

"Employment Contract"

Do you posses the ability to talk about that? Don't you wish you had one of them?

jcw said:
All you have to do is look at the fighting the unions are starting at AA to see why most DL folks don't want a union

What fighting? Where? The Pilot letter? Big woop. That's just a little theater. A playful jab to keep management in line a little.

Aren't your Pilots Unionized as well? What, have they always been Lovey Dovey with management? LMAO. NOT!!!!!!!

WeAAsles said:
People on this thread. Do you ever think about how many contracts you're a part of?

Mortgage, Rent, Water, Cable, Internet, Phone, Credit Cards, Etc.

All items that you need money to live up to the parameters of those contracts. But a few of you who fight against the idea tooth and nail don't have a contact to protect the biggest item in your lives. Your jobs.

To me it's like choosing to walk through the neighborhood with your pants down around your ankles.

I honestly have no clue what makes some of you tick?
I didn't unbuckle my pants but they sure got pulled down a few times over the years. I feel the people who  I PAY to protect me weren't exactly pulling them up

Worldport said:
I didn't unbuckle my pants but they sure got pulled down a few times over the years. I feel the people who  I PAY to protect me weren't exactly pulling them up
You mean you were disciplined for something. Have you ever been fired? If you were you obviously were brought back.

I bet these DL guys can't tell me a time they remember someone being fired who came back?

In MIA how many people do you know that got fired and were brought back?

WeAAsles said:
I'm not talking about Unions. The subject here has already been beaten to death. I'm talking about an "enforceable employment contract" Something you don't have and a subject you continue to avoid.
You're like a contractor that does work on a house without having the owner sign on the dotted line before he gets paid. Actually I'm wrong. You're like a contractor that was forced to sign an agreement to work on my house that legally (Right to work) I can refuse to pay and throw you out any time I feel like it. And if you left your tools behind I can keep them if I want. And there's nothing you can do about it. I can Jip you and rip you off anytime I want. As easy as I want.
"Employment Contract"
Do you posses the ability to talk about that? Don't you wish you had one of them?
Been doing fine for the past 18years without one.

What other fairytales you have up your sleeve?

How does it feel to constantly live in fear and pay a worthless third party to give you a false sense of security?

WeAAsles said:
Oh and Petey. Don't tell me that you have the internal Company procedure to help you. You and I both know that once you go out that door, you'll never walk back through it again.
And will call bullsh!t on this one as I personally know of 2 people, in my little insignificant shop area as 700 refers to it, that have walked back through the door!

WeAAsles said:
You mean you were disciplined for something. Have you ever been fired? If you were you obviously were brought back.
I bet these DL guys can't tell me a time they remember someone being fired who came back?
Please refer to post #61.

Next!

WeAAsles said:

I was referring to the give backs. Ive never been disciplined and some of the people that were brought back (that you probably had a hand in) would not have been missed

townpete said:
More tired talking points we all heard before.

Answer me this: How many of those contracts, do you pay a monthly fee for a third party middlemen to supposedly "represent your best interests"? And have it damn near impossible to fire them when and if they become useless?

Cant wait to here this one......
HOA.

So it's ok for DL to pay hundreds of millions of dollars to numerous third parties the outsource wor too?

Places like Singapore, Hong Kong, Mexico and other counties?

Worldport said:
You're conflating the terrible leadership of the TWU ATD with representation in general.

WeAAsles said:
You mean you were disciplined for something. Have you ever been fired? If you were you obviously were brought back.I bet these DL guys can't tell me a time they remember someone being fired who came back?

I can't...

townpete said:
Been doing fine for the past 18years without one.

No one ever needs a rep...

...Until they do...

southwind said:
And will call bullsh!t on this one as I personally know of 2 people, in my little insignificant shop area as 700 refers to it, that have walked back through the door!
Lucky them. ACS doesn't even have CRP as an option...