Delta Labor Relations thread.

700UW said:
FAR violations on stocking the airplane, no room for supplies.

I didnt claim that was me posting it, but you have to try and change the topic as it doesnt fit your narrative.

Posted by Julie Brett, an actual DL FA who flies, unlike the SAFAs who are paid to post on a message board.

You posted it as yourself. 

So when did you start working at DAL?

Reactions: 3 people
11156206_829107620459459_4469669923987718407_n.jpg

Reactions: 6 people
700UW said:
FAR violations on stocking the airplane, no room for supplies.

I didnt claim that was me posting it, but you have to try and change the topic as it doesnt fit your narrative.

Posted by Julie Brett, an actual DL FA who flies, unlike the SAFAs who are paid to post on a message board.

Maybe if you start to site your sources you wouldn't have this  problem.

700UW said:
They are in the middle of a big push, card collecting is going well.

They have kicked the campaign up a notch, and they cant file till April, there is a one year bar in effect.
We will be 3/4 of way of the big push in 2023 and will have another update at that point.

Actual events about DL's Insurance:

Our yearly free mammogram turns out that it isn't quite so free for me this year...went in for my yearly screening. The hospital where I had it done uses newer technology...3D imaging...I asked and they use that exclusively now. Turns out our insurance doesn't cover 3D imaging.$$$extra110 I have to pay. Next there was something they weren't sure of or couldn't quite see so they called my doctor and wanted me to have a secondary ultrasound on it...$$$ not covered under the yearly screening...that makes it diagnostic so and extra $476.60...so my yearly free screening is now costing me $586.60. I guess the good part is that it should count toward my $2600 deductible. Not happy.

10463954_770428759753679_6213201882271977502_n.jpg

My daughter had to go to the emergency room about a month or so ago.
With my insurance, I received two bills for about $500 each. This with 'insurance'.
Her boyfriend took her to the emergency room a few days ago for stomach pains she was having.
It turned out to be nothing serious, but they took all these tests on her.
I'm dreading the bills to come.
I don't know about you all, but I never had medical bills this high.
I work high hours just to get by.
With a union and a binding contract, it doesn't have to be this way.
Please, fill out a card, verify that you have done so, and send it in.
We deserve better.
Jmho.

Reactions: 1 person
Another:

Good Evening FAs!
I want to share something with you all. It is meant as a "Heads Up" post with just facts and figures that are meant to inform not inflame anyone.

I looked up my Pilot husband's trip today. He went LAX-SJO. Trip credit is 15:45. Layover in SJO.

So I wonder if there is one in Open Time because that's a pretty sweet deal for almost 3 days. Right?

WRONG!!!!

As an FA, that EXACT same trip is worth 12:01. 3:44 LESS than the Pilots. Same layover, same plane, same crew, same, same!
So I did a little math and while it's not exact figures, I think you will understand my point. TIME is TIME. We are all here to be compensated fairly for our Time. Right? I know I am, this is a job not a charity.

Sooo, if an FA flys this trip to gain about 100 hours, we would have to fly at least 8 of these trips. So let's say depending on the pay grade of the FA, this is the money difference between our trips...... $150.00 to $225.00 a trip! So multiply that by 8 trips and we lose an average of $1200.00 to $1800.00 A MONTH!!!

Again, I am just stating facts. The Pilots get this time credit because they have a Contract. We get chump change because we DON'T have a legally binding, black and white CONTRACT.

Have a good evening.

700UW said:
Another:

Good Evening FAs!
I want to share something with you all. It is meant as a "Heads Up" post with just facts and figures that are meant to inform not inflame anyone.

I looked up my Pilot husband's trip today. He went LAX-SJO. Trip credit is 15:45. Layover in SJO.

So I wonder if there is one in Open Time because that's a pretty sweet deal for almost 3 days. Right?

WRONG!!!!

As an FA, that EXACT same trip is worth 12:01. 3:44 LESS than the Pilots. Same layover, same plane, same crew, same, same!
So I did a little math and while it's not exact figures, I think you will understand my point. TIME is TIME. We are all here to be compensated fairly for our Time. Right? I know I am, this is a job not a charity.

Sooo, if an FA flys this trip to gain about 100 hours, we would have to fly at least 8 of these trips. So let's say depending on the pay grade of the FA, this is the money difference between our trips...... $150.00 to $225.00 a trip! So multiply that by 8 trips and we lose an average of $1200.00 to $1800.00 A MONTH!!!

Again, I am just stating facts. The Pilots get this time credit because they have a Contract. We get chump change because we DON'T have a legally binding, black and white CONTRACT.

Have a good evening.

Name any airline that FA's ever got anything close to what the pilots get.

Another blatant lie and myth.

BOTTOM LINE:  
 ​
If you want what the pilots have,
then go get your license.

townpete said:

Name any airline that FA's ever got anything close to what the pilots get.

Another blatant lie and myth.

BOTTOM LINE:  
 ​
If you want what the pilots have,
then go get your license.
They are wanting to be treated fairly, and all they have to do is unionize and get a CBA.

A friend wanted me to share this post.
I think it speaks for itself..

Ive had a lot of time to think lately and I came across the realization that I will share. It may not be correct but I wanted to put this out there and get feedback.

This job has become much more physical in the last few years but there may be much more to the story as to why.

1) Our workspace has been squeezed and galley designs are not worker friendly anymore. Our carts are loaded with so much as if we are trying to offer everything under the stars to please the customer but are the customers really interested in having all of this? Its almost a struggle to perform a service on most of our aircraft with the trend to not be made any easier. We have no say in any of this.

2) Our health insurance is less than desirable and places many in a risky situation should they have major health situations occur. We have no say in any of this.

3) Our compensation is ok but every time there is an increase in one place, something (Profit Sharing formulation is changed) is decreased. So, in essence in the long term, we are remaining the same in pay. We have no say in any of this.

My concern for all of these factors taking place simultaneously is that they are all working in tandem and if the employee has an issue or experiences a negative from any of these, it would be tough to overcome because you need all 3 components working perfectly to maintain. So, essentially, what I'm trying to say in the bigger picture is that we are being squeezed to the point that if you cant perform and be utilized according to all 3 (there may be more) of these components, it will be tough to maintain because they are each dependent on each other. My thought is that all this is on purpose and if you have any "hiccups" you find yourself on the defense in trying to save your job. Ive seen this pattern more times than I ever wished to see.

Answer: We need a Union and a Contract more than anything, and as soon as possible. To save ourselves from further undesirable trends like what we have seen. As for now, like Ive stated, we have no say in any of this.

700UW said:
They are wanting to be treated fairly, and all they have to do is unionize and get a CBA.

Name one airline
where FA's
get what the
pilots have.
 ​
Ever.

townpete said:

Name one airline
where FA's
get what the
pilots have.
 ​
Ever.
There you go again.

No FA wants what the pilots have, they want to be treated fairly and have a CBA.

So is it fair they work the same flight, the same hours and the pilots get higher time than the FAs?

You can try distort the facts, but you wont succeed.

700UW said:
There you go again.

No FA wants what the pilots have, they want to be treated fairly and have a CBA.

So is it fair they work the same flight, the same hours and the pilots get higher time than the FAs?

You can try distort the facts, but you wont succeed.

You cant answer it can you?

There is no airline, ever that gave parity to what the pilots have.

Yet you and the unions still try to push that lie.

And you wonder why the IAM is losing?

lol