Delta Labor Relations thread.

700UW said:
Typical, you attack the poster as I proved you wrong once again.

FAR 117 is not the reason why DL pays pilots more block hours.

Glad to see you avoided the Green Slip issue as it proves you wrong again.

And like I said, attack me, since you cant refute the facts I have posted.

So care to debate the facts?
Green slips are governed by far 117 rules. This shows how a little knowledge is dangerous. In fact manny green slips slip to lower seniority Because of 117. I don't attack you just your ignorance .

Reactions: 1 person
You clearly stated Pilots cant pick up trips, the Green Slips prove you wrong.

And I clearly stated Pilots can pick up trips as long as they stay in the legalities of the FARs.

700UW said:
You clearly stated Pilots cant pick up trips, the Green Slips prove you wrong.

And I clearly stated Pilots can pick up trips as long as they stay in the legalities of the FARs.
Clearly you can't understand and this is pointless . The trips that are not payed the same are because of rest requirements on THOSE trips. Pilots are governed by different rules then FA's. How other airlines mitigate this is their solution. What I do know is the iam campaign that you champion is going nowhere. Facts are facts. Picking up trips is picking up trips. But if you are restricted by 117 rules then you CANT pick up a trip.

Once again, it still doesnt make DL pay FA and Pilots different block hours for the same flight.

Keep going off on tangents, and soon the FAs will have the rest requirements.

Let's look at reality: the actual Benefits Section in the only current IAM FA contract on the planet. FAs benefits are defined is exactly ONE paragraph. This is what you get with IAM!

1927721_10153632786717981_1229146128662604884_n.jpg

Reactions: 5 people
And your point is?

So where is your guarantee of healthcare in your contract?

Oh wait, you dont have one.

Guess you missed the part if there are changes, they have to meet with the union to discuss.

When DL changed your healthcare do they sit down and discuss it with you?

Reactions: 2 people
700UW said:
Guess you missed the part if there are changes, they have to meet with the union to discuss.

This is weak.  For starters, I can see the "Discussion" now:
Company:  We're here to discuss benefit changes per your contract
Union:  OK
Company:  We're implementing the following x, y, z, changes.
Union:  We object!
Company:  That's nice.  Discussion over.

There's no recourse whatsoever for the union, at least as I read from the blurb on the previous page.

BTW:  what happens when the company decides to not offer benefits to other non-management workers (opting instead for another form of compensation equivalent to the benefits)?  Answer:  according to that awesome contract language, you're out of luck.

My 9 year old niece is able to bargain better for allowance for her chores than that contract language.

Reactions: 4 people
http://www.airlineforums.com/topic/59694-united-and-afa-reach-settlement-on-b787-allocation/?view=getnewpost

What kind of damages will United face as a result of this mistake?
AFA and the Company have agreed that United will pay Flight Attendants on the pre-merger United Flight Attendant System Seniority list as of March 31, 2016 and who worked during the period of time between August 1, 2015 and March 31, 2016 the amount of three million dollars ($3,000,000).  The three million dollars represents all lost wages, back pay, benefits and other damages due to this mistake and will be considered as qualifying wages for the purposes of 401(k) deferrals and Profit Sharing. 
The company will also reimburse AFA for attorney and consultant fees for work done in conjunction with MEC Grievance 1-16 which will allow those funds to be returned to the Union and used in the advancement of Flight Attendant issues.

townpete said:
Let's look at reality: the actual Benefits Section in the only current IAM FA contract on the planet. FAs benefits are defined is exactly ONE paragraph. This is what you get with IAM!

1927721_10153632786717981_1229146128662604884_n.jpg
It may SUCK really bad but, at least it's in writing!

Reactions: 2 people
And what happens if the union tells the company to pound sand? It's not like the employee can just make unilateral changes...

You guys do know that, right?

BTW, how does that same discussion go at DL? Oh wait; there is no discussion. Never mind...