Delta Labor Relations thread.

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines' started by Eagle, Jan 25, 2016.

1. swamt

swamt Veteran

It has not been moving well for our group. When "the co." wants to come to an agreement then we will have one. With that said, maybe, just maybe now that all other groups are done the co. will get more serious with our group and spend more time to get one. It's not our NC that cannot get a deal it's the co. holding hard on their wants and not nego in good faith. Good faith is both sides moving and the co. has NOT moved off of some scope language ans AMFA has been offering some changes and/or movement and the co. will not move at all. Some are calling it a stale-mate for now.
    Your raises were offered by the CEO for in return some relief on some maint being done by both sides on each-others metal. The association will be at it for you guys well into 2018. You guys have wayyyy too many differences between the unions on how they function. Your association screwed up big time by farming out to a 3rd party to decide the seniority issue that should have been done internally. What else will they be so eager to farm out other very important issues. I would be willing to bet your association will be changing control again going back to the IAM before you guys get an agreement. This is why it will take so long, the back and forth of "who's in charge now" mentality and the co. will take full advantage of it. You can deny this all you want and keep the blinders on, but, even when your contract is up in 2018 you guys will remain as is until a new agreement is put in it's place just as we have been for well over 4 years...

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Veteran

Is this the Delta labor thread?

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Buck

Buck Contributor

4. swamt

swamt Veteran

Congrats to all the DAL employees. Where does this put their mechanics at all in rate???

5. atlmech

atlmech Member

Havent done the math yet, but just over $50hr top out.

6. swamt

swamt Veteran

Ok thanks.

7. southwind

southwind Veteran

Wonder if all the union pushers will forego the raise, since a union wasn't involved in it. . . . .

8. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

You're right; a union wasn't involved, unions were. You should also thank the activists working the ACS and IFS campaigns as well.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. southwind

southwind Veteran

Are you talking about the failed campaings?
    All I wanted to know was if the pro union peeps were going to accept a raise that was not negotiated by a union.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

I'm talking about the groups both here at DL and other carriers that made this happen. You don't really think the company did this out of the goodness of the heart, do you?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. southwind

southwind Veteran

I know I didn't have to pay a third party to get a raise and profit sharing check.
    And please show me where union represented peeps have NEVER taken a paycut or job lay offs!

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

Just make sure to thank your local organizers...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. southwind

southwind Veteran

Once again, when does the ramp vote?

14. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

Not soon enough.

15. topDawg

topDawg Veteran

Yeah Delta is doing this out of the goodness of their hearts....

nothing to do with union work groups over at American, United and Southwest getting raises that put them a head of Delta..... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 3
  16. keeptheodds

keeptheodds Senior

So did the A&P's of Delta ever unionize or not? Delta's performance numbers suggest they didn't. Once A&P's become AMT's performance numbers usually spiral downward.

17. swamt

swamt Veteran

Sorry I missed this one. No problem. Southwest's all represented work groups. I believe there are a total of 15 different groups that are represented.
    But, in your behalf, I do believe all other airlines have except for maybe Virgin America, but not positive.

18. swamt

swamt Veteran

Where did you ever come up with that? I would like to see some data that shows as you state that once an A&P becomes an AMT the performance of the airline goes down. And by the way, I believe the performance numbers are all increasing and doing very well thru-out the industry with improvements at all airlines. Please explain details.

19. eolesen

eolesen Veteran

Southwest works if you apply a precise definition of layoff. When the SLC & LIT call centers were closed, they offered relocation to all the affected employees to higher cost locations (HOU, CHI, PHX, DAL). At the end of the day, their jobs were eliminated, and the company knew the option of moving was likely only going to be taken up by less than half of the 1400 affected employees.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. atlmech

atlmech Member

Just speaking for myself, I'm perfectly happy to take a bit less if it means I don't have to deal with a union.