Delta Labor Relations thread.

Kev3188 said:
I like how easy it is to "chuck" officers at AMFA. It's also very transparent.
Vacay is going good! Thx for asking.
I'd love it if we had a completely informed and educated membership that wouldn't vote with their emotions.

Glad to hear. Don't get too burned.

WeAAsles said:
Curious? According to SWAMT they just chucked all their top officers. Were those people doing the negotiations? How long will it take to put in new negotiators? How long to get them up to speed? Does this set the membership further back now in trying to come to an agreement?

Hope you enjoyed your vacation?
seriously? 
They have been at it for 4 years and haven't really done anything. It was probably time for a change.
DALPA did the same thing after the first TA was rejected. 

Time is no reason to go with a leadership team that is just going to walk back with a turd or nothing. Quite honestly its refreshing to see a union be more militant and not be afraid to move on from reps who aren't getting the job done. 

WeAAsles said:
Didn't say that they DON'T work. Just that I think they have it rougher when push comes to shove.

Note: NWA. Push "came" to shove. Details and particulars irrelevant. Company won BIG time.

Not at all. 

AMFA saved our craft (even with other "unions" helping wall street to kill it) 
They take what NWA wanted then US airline maintenance dies. American, Delta, United etc. would have all gone to the exact same model. 1,000 or so people for the line in hubs and to pencil whip the paper work when yet another **** show comes back from Asia, Mexico, AAR, TIMCO etc. etc. etc. People love to say that they lost, nut they saved our craft. Sadly sometimes it does mean things end up like the did for NWA or for Eastern, but a lot of those guys have had a chance to get back with airlines now because they struck. 
example, we are hiring all the time now, so much so they are doing a yearly freeze and fill. Line stations are opening up, some work is coming back in-house etc.....none of that happens if a lot of current Delta management had their way at Northwest. 

Company didn't win at all...... and AMFA was the only mechanics union to stand up for its members during the BK era. IAM, IBT, TWU all sold there members right down the river. Matter of fact the only unions who really did ANYTHING during BK time was AMFA, APA and APFA. The rest just bent over..... 

You seem to be living in the good old days, now it doesn't matter if the union is in-house or a big national union. The days of big time strikes are gone. At least with the in-house or craft union it isn't a big money grab, ala the IAM. Also seems like the in-house has a better touch on reality than the big industrial unions. 

WeAAsles said:
Curious? According to SWAMT they just chucked all their top officers. Were those people doing the negotiations? How long will it take to put in new negotiators? How long to get them up to speed? Does this set the membership further back now in trying to come to an agreement?

No we did not chuck the negotiators.  Although Key does attend alot of nego's he has no voting rights for contract nego's.  There is one position that might get replaced which I think is the Reginal II Director, all the rest are and will remain, so no delays are expected directly tied to the nego's table. Also with the way AMFA has open nego's and open communications the new National leaders are pretty much already brought up to speed, and would take maybe one meeting to get them up to par. So no it doesn't set us back.  

Kev3188 said:
I like how easy it is to "chuck" officers at AMFA. It's also very transparent.

Vacay is going good! Thx for asking.
Better to replace the leadership and not the entire union just to replace some individuals that are not performing up to par with the membership.  Can't wait for Oct when the new leadership takes over, it has been time for change for some time now.

Reactions: 2 people
AMFA is the only union that had any balls during the 2000s. Not only did they have to put up with management issues but also IAM/TWU scabs and management help!

Oh and mom and pop unions don't work?
best unions in the airline industry right now are the APA and APFA........

It looks like I'm not the only one who shares the philosophy on the Mom and Pop Union ideology. Can the APFA be that far behind?

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/...irlines-pilots-push-union-switch-five-decades

This one is not to hard to figure out. This is a former ALPA member (possibly former officer) wanting to get his position back with no chance in HELL of doing it. It reminds me of when the twu went to the local papers in the DFW area we have a card drive at SWA. What a crock.

All new officers were sworn in on Oct. #3rd
New offi

This one is not to hard to figure out. This is a former ALPA member (possibly former officer) wanting to get his position back with no chance in HELL of doing it. It reminds me of when the twu went to the local papers in the DFW area we have a card drive at SWA. What a crock.

All true. TWU tried to start a card drive just like the teamsters tried to do. Both were sent packing sand as this membership is satisfied with AMFA.
I quoted these two post for a great example of how things are with AMFA as compared to the other industrial unions. With AMFA any and all officers can and will be replaced when needed. With the industrial unions it takes the removal of the entire union to fire officers at the top which is just too hard to do sometimes. This is the third time we had to replace (fire) certain officers within our union. So nice to be able to do so. And by the election result numbers it was drastically needed done.

All true. TWU tried to start a card drive just like the teamsters tried to do. Both were sent packing sand as this membership is satisfied with AMFA.
I quoted these two post for a great example of how things are with AMFA as compared to the other industrial unions. With AMFA any and all officers can and will be replaced when needed. With the industrial unions it takes the removal of the entire union to fire officers at the top which is just too hard to do sometimes. This is the third time we had to replace (fire) certain officers within our union. So nice to be able to do so. And by the election result numbers it was drastically needed done.

And two more groups now have agreements with your airline. Meanwhile reading your updates unfortunately things don't seem to be moving so well for your group honestly.

I don't really care how many people I can replace if no one can seem to get me a deal no matter who I replace them with.

Before you mention our Association it will be one year next month. And they did secure us raises in the middle of those negotiations.

But I really do seriously wish you and your group well.

And two more groups now have agreements with your airline. Meanwhile reading your updates unfortunately things don't seem to be moving so well for your group honestly.

I don't really care how many people I can replace if no one can seem to get me a deal no matter who I replace them with.

Before you mention our Association it will be one year next month. And they did secure us raises in the middle of those negotiations.

But I really do seriously wish you and your group well.
It has not been moving well for our group. When "the co." wants to come to an agreement then we will have one. With that said, maybe, just maybe now that all other groups are done the co. will get more serious with our group and spend more time to get one. It's not our NC that cannot get a deal it's the co. holding hard on their wants and not nego in good faith. Good faith is both sides moving and the co. has NOT moved off of some scope language ans AMFA has been offering some changes and/or movement and the co. will not move at all. Some are calling it a stale-mate for now.
Your raises were offered by the CEO for in return some relief on some maint being done by both sides on each-others metal. The association will be at it for you guys well into 2018. You guys have wayyyy too many differences between the unions on how they function. Your association screwed up big time by farming out to a 3rd party to decide the seniority issue that should have been done internally. What else will they be so eager to farm out other very important issues. I would be willing to bet your association will be changing control again going back to the IAM before you guys get an agreement. This is why it will take so long, the back and forth of "who's in charge now" mentality and the co. will take full advantage of it. You can deny this all you want and keep the blinders on, but, even when your contract is up in 2018 you guys will remain as is until a new agreement is put in it's place just as we have been for well over 4 years...

Congrats to all the DAL employees. Where does this put their mechanics at all in rate???