Delta loads new DAL flights

Status
Not open for further replies.
E,  I should have been a little more detailed in my first cost assumption.   If SWA was to start service at LF then the cost compare between using the two airports would greatly increase the cost to run the same flights.  At DFW the landing fees and rights are higher, the extra fuel burn it would take before and after take-offs and landings, as well as the possible threat from AA airplanes slowing SWA down while taxing around, and tower personnel holding back SWA flights to give AA flights priority, will drastically increase the cost for same flight compare, which would more than likely increase ticket prices and be passed on, but it also affect the number of passengers boards SWA because the ticket prices have increased to cover the cost.   It would all be the same compare if any of the airlines came here to LF from DFW and ran the very same flights, their cost would be reduced to fly the same flights.  Sorry bout that E...

Also, my belief is DAL is more preferred by all DT business flyers and of coarse all the locals, mainly due to location, size of airport and ease to navigate thru.  Especially now that all gates and terminals are all brand new now.  You mentioned the time differences between driving to the 2 airports, and yes you are correct the diff is about 20-25 mins.  However, once your at the airport I would say your time thru the airport all the way to gate is double at DFW.

Getting back to the feasibility of the DL schedule... I finally was able to run a gating chart, and there are going to be some conflicts with the UA schedule if they try to co-exist on the Skywest gates:

capture__200230.jpg

They've got four blocks where they've got three aircraft scheduled for two gates... Beginning of the day 0600, between 0930 and 1000, 1200 & 1230, and 1645 & 1800.

The only way the DL schedule could work would be to shift a flight in each of those blocks forward or backward. It's not reasonable to expect that WN or VX will have a void in those timeframes.

And again, this also assumes that UA isn't looking to add any service.

Incorrect. For Manhattanites, EWR is.
check the Port Authority's own data. It shows that 18% of EWR passengers are from Manhattan vs. 30% for JFK and 45% for LGA.

Note also that the Port Authority also notes that DL is the largest airline at both LGA and JFK.

EWR also has the lowest percentage of local traffic of the big 3 NYC airports. The largest source of EWR passengers is, drumroll please, New Jersey!

E,
It is highly likely that there will be schedule changes by DL compared to what they originally proposed but keep in mind that WN hasn't even published their post Wright schedule either.

Yet UA carries more passengers at EWR than DL does at all three airports combined.

And B6 also carries more passengers at JFK than DL.

if you want to count the connecting passengers that clog up NYC airspace but could be routed elsewhere... In the NYC local market, DL is the largest passenger carrier in NYC of the 3 airports.

As much as you are addicted to big passenger boarding numbers, what really matters is share of the local market.

If you want to talk about total boardings, you do realize that UA at EWR, ORD, and IAH combined don't carry as many passengers as DL carries at ATL, don't you?

Like I said, look at the statistics that the PA provides, UA carries more passengers in EWR than DL carries at LGA, EWR and JFK combined.

And B6 carries more passengers at JFK than DL.

Spin however you want, but the numbers dont lie, but how people spin them do.

wrong.

The PA shows that DL carried THE MOST passengers in the 12 months ended Jan 2014 at JFK.

http://www.panynj.gov/airports/pdf-traffic/JAN2014_JFK.pdf

Again, if you want to look at total boardings, be sure and remember that DL's ATL hub is in a class all by itself.

Just to carry it further, DL's ATL hub boards more passengers than US does at PHX, CLT, and PHL COMBINED.

And ATL is now about 40% of DL's revenue so DL has DTW, MSP, LGA, JFK, SLC, NRT, CDG, and AMS as hubs as well.

maybe it has something to do with the fact that DL operated a higher percentage of its schedule than B6 that cxld heavily during the winter storms.

When DL passes B6 in January which is offpeak for DL's Europe heavy JFK hub, perhaps the tide finally is shifting.

As for cargo, I've been saying for months how much revenue AA will be giving up by switching to the A321Ts which have virtually no cargo capacity. Meanwhile, DL is adding widebody flying on the transcons. The cargo numbers will change before long.

yeppers   its all about DELTA and DELTA is the only winner..   they might as well BUY all the other airlines and put em all out of business   geeze  nothing but dl period

WorldTraveler said:
check the Port Authority's own data. It shows that 18% of EWR passengers are from Manhattan vs. 30% for JFK and 45% for LGA.

Note also that the Port Authority also notes that DL is the largest airline at both LGA and JFK.

EWR also has the lowest percentage of local traffic of the big 3 NYC airports. The largest source of EWR passengers is, drumroll please, New Jersey!

E,
It is highly likely that there will be schedule changes by DL compared to what they originally proposed but keep in mind that WN hasn't even published their post Wright schedule either.

Yeah what do I know, I only live here, and you don't

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.