Delta loads new DAL flights

Status
Not open for further replies.
wt  get a clue man  you act like you know every single thing   yet when someone posts their nbrs  you refute them but when yours is refuted you deflect big time..  get over the fact when someone is right and its not you

plz let me know what numbers you have posted that have been accurately used and I have refuted.

my beef with a gov't agency has been with the DOJ - if they had looked at the numbers which the DOT has, they couldn't have come to the conclusion they did make.

yes, interesting perspectives comes from multiple voices - but when facts show that a commonly held view regarding EWR is inaccurate based on actual data, the facts become very clear and irrefutable.

WorldTraveler said:
yes, interesting perspectives comes from multiple voices - but when facts show that a commonly held view regarding EWR is inaccurate based on actual data, the facts become very clear and irrefutable.
...As does your inability to see an offhand comment for what it is...

Reactions: 3 people
The numbers that I saw showed LGA as the airport of choice- but the numbers were the same for JFK and ewr. That doesn't make JFK the choice airport over ewr.

swamt said:
Actually LD3, Delta was going to fly the same routes as they do from DFW, maybe there was one or two added routes, but most all that they listed were not newly added markets out of the N.Tx. market.  I also believe that VX was doing the same routs they already fly out of DFW therefore once again no newly added markets which I believe was one of the items the DOJ wanted to see or was requiring as part of the awarding of the gates.  Plain and simple, SWA will bring the most flights, the best competition, lowest fares, best economic results for the city of Dallas as well as the airport and it's concessions within the airport.  SWA will also be the best choice to help keep the N. Tx. air fares competitive.
creating a monopoly lowers fares? Your a union man for sure. 

Don't let math, logic and economics in your brain at all. 

And Delta wasn't going to add any new cities besides LA, but it was going to be a capacity gain. VX will be a capacity cut. 

swamt said:
WT, Cmon, use some sense.  When DL was coming out of BK, where was AA.  You just wait and watch where AA ends up with the same amount of time as DL out of BK.  AA will get there much faster than DL did.
they will?
the clusterf**k of a labor mess, I'll take that bet. 

WorldTraveler said:
VX got gates... ORD WAS REQUIRED to accommodate VX and B6 who BOTH serve the airport now.

again, tell me one other airport where carriers have been unable to provide service at all. 
Uh no. VX got gates on L from Delta when they moved over to T2 during the NW merger

Kev3188 said:
Let's take a step back here for a sec. DL is well equipped strategically, but how many battle fronts can we realistically expect them to fight on? We have:

NYC
The "battle for Seattle."
The accordant fight with AS
The quest for DAL gates (and possible lawsuit)

and now a possible bid for VX?

Yeah, I know the last one is just a trial balloon being floated on here. Still, it begs the larger question of just how thin DL is willing to spread itself to do all this.

Money pit is right. If it's too cheap to pass up, I can maybe see it, but IMO, that would have to be at pennies on the dollar.

As for the hubs: Not for nothing, but if you look on the ACS (and OCC pages, I think) of our employee website, SEA is now listed with the ones (MSP, DTW, etc.)...
not to long ago someone said it in the press. 
but I am willing to bet they don't get over 150 flights a day. Just not enough space. 

WorldTraveler said:
obviously a VX bid if it happened would be if DL couldn't get what it needs to do otherwise, including DAL gates.

DL issued a statement yesterday saying it believes DL and VX can both achieve their goals at DAL.  Perhaps they know something we don't.

http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=43&item=2291

DL's NYC buildup is nearly thru as a major initiative - it now moves into tweaking and tearing down Terminal 2 once the next T4 extension is done.

DL has planned to grow LAX regardless of gaining more gates so they don't feel like they need to stop.
Other carriers have been reluctant to call LAX a hub because it is much more local market focused but DL and AA both are growing as aggressively as they can there.  I don't think either call LAX a hub - but I agree it is a larger operation than some hubs. 
uh what? To where? 
AUs is two flights a day. Other than that......you, again, are proving you know nothing about Delta's growth plans. 

Reactions: 1 person
DL's capacity at LAX is up over 14% over more than 10K seats per day this summer... that is a whole lot more than just a couple AUS flights.

airlineroute.net might help you track all of the LAX changes DL has done in the past year.

as for ORD, of course DL's gate consolidation gave up space that new entrants could use but, IIRC, AA wanted those gates and that got nixed

thank you for noting that VX is not adding much to the metroplex and nothing beyond what DL or WN had announced except for ORD which isn't even happening this year.
funny how all of a sudden SFO, which WN wasn't interested in serving the first go around of cities, got added to WN's repertoire from DAL as soon as VX said they were interested.

If unions are supposed to be protectionistic, then that would describe swamt to a flaming T, certainly regarding market issues.

DL is winning in the marketplace because it embraces competition. WN, not so much.

It is utterly amazing that any airline with the exception of DL is still flying... When pom pom boy is done telling the world all of SW failures he will begin on JetBlue, cuz that is the only airline left on this board he hasn't trashed too much... I guarantee if someone is able to go off topic to Jetblue, he will tell you where and why JB is failing or gonna fail and fall to DL....

Reactions: 2 people
what is sad is that there can't be a recognition of where WN is and, more importantly, consider the positive things I have said about them.

What I have learned in my 10 years on aviation chat forums is how thin-skinned most people really are and cannot accept any kind of realistic criticism esp in light of positive news about someone else.

it is great to be a fan but to be able to recognize that someone else might be better is indeed the greatest sadness.

sports and life really do have a lot of similarities.. it is a great forum for learning how to win as well as accept losing.

Well then WT, you better prepare yourself to loose the DAL gates at LF.  And as you just stated accept losing, and admit it.  But you will not, typical once again, just typical of you.  Carry on sir, you are looking better and better the more you rant...

Reactions: 1 person
No, I have indeed been willing to admit that DL COULD lose the gates... but I also said that they would be willing to fight to ensure that competition really happens in the US airline industry... when the WSJ and other business journals continue to highlight the challenges that WN is facing and which I have highlighted, the denial is from you about the fact that WN really doesn't want to compete because they simply don't have the ability to win in the marketplace like they once did.

DL, OTOH, has aggressively embraced competition and continues to win.

The two gates aren't the issue but instead whether the US of A wants a protected airline industry again or whether they want the fruits of restructuring in the legacy segment of the industry to bear fruit for airline customers.

DL will continue to ensure that consumers obtain more choices even if WN works the government to do just the opposite.

Love the memes here...

WN's the aggressor.

Changing the rules at the 45th busiest airport is going to fix airline pricing for the whole nation.

DL is pro-consumer.

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.