Delta loads new DAL flights

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's how I feel about most of what 700 writes and it's even worse since 700 intentionally and repeatedly tells only half of the story in hopes of being able to win the argument.

swamt doesn't want to realize that WN is changing because the world around it has changed and WN can no longer be the airline that Herb founded or that swamt wants to believe WN is.

That world has passed and well-run airlines like DL intend to prey on the vulnerabilities of WN just as they did with AA during its 10 year long restructuring and are also doing with UA on the west coast and to Asia right now.

that is the way the business world works.

DL's flights are still for sale despite swamt saying repeatedly that DL had no chance of being able to compete on the basis that DL proposed and that DL was hurting its cause for selling flights that he thinks they cannot gate at DAL.

DL isn't listening to swamt... that is both news and not news.

When DL pulled back their hub in DFW, how many job losses were there? And yes we know DL kept their local traffic, so you don't have to beat that drum....

Reactions: 2 people
and you can do the same list for every other legacy carrier - and throw in WN there too. Remember they have cut all kinds of cities. And B6 has closed at least one city that I know of - maybe more - ATL.

we get that all of the legacy airlines cut jobs during their restructurings... the question is what they have done since.

Unions don't want to answer the question of what they have done for employees SINCE BK... and their abysmal track record while DL mgmt. has grown the company and increased revenues and salaries for mainline personnel is precisely why DL people continue to see no value in further unions -and that has been validated at the ballot box.

The union movement will not win elections at DL until they can prove what they can do at the companies they do represent. DL people aren't going to give up what they do have in order to risk that unions might, but probably won't be able to add anything to what they already have - and based on evidence at other airlines, will likely lead to less, not more.

and, again, how is that different from what other airlines have done ...and continue to do?

sadly, the UAL board here has become very quiet after the roasting of Tim Nelson - yet he was completely right.... the IAM sat by on the sidelines while UA's employees cut their own throats and the ranks of UA employees will be decimated in the next few years as UAL cuts its costs.

Yea right WT, I have no clue what I am talking about.  And where in the world have I said That SWA hasn't changed over the years, NEVER, idiot, you just keep claiming that I and others cannot see changes, but it is all in your own words.  If you haven't noticed as of late, I have just let you splew your BS lies and made up crap cuz I don't care any more.  Please carry on with your propaganda WT, you are looking better and better as you go, just exactly like Overspeed, Realityck, and others who really have no clue.  Keep posting as you are more entertaining than you are informational.  I know you think that you know it all, but, all out here know the realities of your rants.  You just gotta LUV this stuff...

Reactions: 2 people
WorldTraveler said:
DL, OTOH, has aggressively embraced competition and continues to win.

DL will continue to ensure that consumers obtain more choices even if WN works the government to do just the opposite.
Yes, DL is so aggressively embracing competition and ensuring that consumers obtain more choices, they're doing whatever they can to kill off service from being launched at a second airport in Atlanta (and it's not the first time they've fought other airports from providing commercial service).

It's an old story, but perhaps more relevant to the discussion than I thought it would be three months ago.

http://www.ajc.com/news/business/delta-ceo-under-fire-for-opposition-to-paulding-ai/nbxDm/

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/local/delta-paulding-airport-plan-will-fail/nbGLm/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/todayinthesky/2013/12/24/plans-delayed-for-atlantas-second-commercial-airport/4195291/

http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/12/18/why-big-airlines-fight-with-small-airports/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=2

Reactions: 5 people
ahh come on swamt... we all on here are not smart nor brilliant   remember  only WT knows that what he says is true and the rest well is history   after all its only DL is the best  nothing but the best  and the rest is crap   that's his version     aint it sad bro!

Very sad indeed Robbed.

Hey E, Bet SWA would support the 2ndary airport in Atlanta.  I did not read the entire articles you posted, but do you have an idea how close the two airports would be?   Maybe someone should start a poll on it?  They start'em on everything else it seems like...

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts