Delta loads new DAL flights

Status
Not open for further replies.
face it wt  not everyone is perfect  not even you   if you cant fig out that someone makes a minor grammar  then I don't know what to tell you      you just want dl to rule the world    heck may be they'll buy all of the us based airlines and then they'll be the master king of the airline world since you seem to think delta does no wrong yet not one of the other airlines does right    I think the point the doj is making is quite clear  and youre not happy about that    the govt made the rules   delta cant really do a whole lot more but may be the fictious lawsuit will come into play...

Reactions: 1 person
why do you have to resort to your "DL rules the world and we'll all just die off"  every time a question of any substance is raised?

I haven't said the DOJ can't make the rules.

What I have said is that the DOJ is not above being challenged, that the ultimate point of all these asset transfers is to compete in the marketplace, and that it was apparent on the day of the merger approval/DOJ announcement that AA/US and since then WN have been absolutely giddy about trying to keep DL away from the assets.

GIven how AA has caved at DL's hands in NYC and WN has not grown or walked away from route after route in key markets, it isn't a surprise why AA and WN want to keep DL away.

DL will achieve its goals in the marketplace whether they get these assets or not.

And the case is not settled yet. 

I ignored swamt's ALT abbreviation several times.  after the 3rd time or more, it is on the table to bring it up.

If you consider it acceptable that someone can continue to make the same mistake over and over again and cannot be approached, then there are a  whole lot of people who would ask why they should keep you on the payroll.  that is a collective you, BTW

so it should be acceptable to challenge someone who after the 3rd time makes the same mistake  yet when your challenged on inaccuracies of your data you deflect or turn it around to fit your needs  its not ok?     as for payroll and keepin me on it   im not in mgmt.   im not in admin   I don't need to be   I don't care to be in mgmt.   mgmt. sucks at most companies if not all     the case may not be settled yet but its getting awful dimmer and dimmer by the month for delta not being able to get the slots at dal   

OMG!!!  WT is finally getting it.  Holy shite call the papers.   It appears if I retort to the same writings and thoughts as WT does, he then tends to retort to understanding the info that is being put out here. 
Now that you understand that airlines are not scared of competition, but would rather grow to be the most dominate, at certain locations, in order to rule and control prices and competition in that particular market, you now understand the entire airline industry. 
And now you seem to understand that airlines have to adjust and revamp services and flights as well as completely changing the entire way another airline has once ran the operations at the same airport to better suit themselves for a much better and profitability operation.  It has nothing to do with one airline scared or afraid of competition from one airline to another. 
Just quit with the "ALMIGHTY" Delta Airlines, you are truly "ate-up".  Yes, most of us out here will parade for our airline, you sir, seem to be going way-way overboard. 
Now. let's all sit back, relax, and wait for the final decision, or future participants that want the LF gates.  However, I will tell you this WT, I have been notified that DL, at this time, is out of the loop for the gates.  They (city of Dallas and DOJ) are looking for other contenders to submit bids.  I am still thinking there will be at least one more entrant if not 2 more.  But once again, only time will tell.

Yes Delta is doing a fantastic job "AFTER" their BK release.  But I will promise you that AA will be more profitable, and carry many more passengers, and surpass DL's current level of profitability and market share once AA reaches the same time frame from BK as Delta is now.  Matter fact I will say AA will reach it long before the time frame it took Delta to reach. 

One more thing.  As far as the 3 airlines currently bidding for LF gates (SWA, Delta, and Virgin) there was a great article by Terry Maxon from the Dallas Morning News that actually broke down the seats that will be offered by each airline.  SWA will offer the most seats out of LF, which means more revenue, by a long shot, and more employment  jobs, as does the seats offered by Delta or Virgin.  So now the plot thickens as far as who is bringing more favorable possibilities to the Dallas market for travel opportunities.
Again I wish you and your airline luck, but, at this point it will take a miracle for DL to win both gates at LF.  And yes I did purposely post ALT for ATL to see the response, and as usual, it worked, hook line and sinker.  As long as we all revert to your ways, it's all easy street from here on out...   Have a very nice weekend to all!...  Just gotta love this stuff...

Reactions: 2 people
Funny that you and robbed are the ones that use the ALMIGHTY DELTA.  Can you show me one place where I said that… just one, please?

You seem to be so hung up on these two gates that you can’t grasp that I have REPEATEDLY said that the end of the Wright Amendment (or its revision) will create ENORMOUS opportunities for WN and that they will do incredibly well in the N. Texas market – to the detriment of AA who is the only hub airline in N. Texas with nationwide coverage.
It is an absolute given that WN’s position in N. Texas where it already has a very strong reputation will only grow – and the new flights at DAL will not be all growth flights to the market.  WN will take AA revenue – just as WN has done in every other market that WN has been able to serve from DAL.
Let there be no doubt once again that I only expect good things for WN because of the increased opportunities at DAL.

However, it is very clear that WN won’t get the gates at DAL as they had said they HAD TO HAVE.  I’m STILL WONDERING WHAT BUILDINGS WN WILL CLOSE IN DALLAS as a result of NOT BEING ABLE TO GAIN THOSE TWO GATES SINCE SOMEONE AT wn SAID THEY WOULD DO THAT IF THEY COULDN’T GET THE GATES.
I am glad that you are now able to see that your arguments about DL’s cutting its connecting operations at DFW 10 years ago are no different than what WN is doing in ATL.  I’ll make it an effort – and you feel free to remind me if I slip – that WN’s goal is to maintain the local market and we will look for that measure.  That means, however, that you have to refrain from jumping on the same train with 700 and robbed who can’t grasp that DL cut CONNECTING capacity at DFW while actually improving its local revenue performance in the market.  DL’s average fares at DFW IN the LOCAL N. Texas market (not connections, 700) have grown far faster relative to AA in the past few years than when DL operated a hub.
If WN can do the same thing at ATL (I mean ALT), then you make sure I give WN the credit that it should be due. 
As for DIL (I mean DAL), DL will grow its presence in N. Texas.  If Virgin gets the 2 gates at DAL, then DL will push every remaining option.  It is very possible they could end up with no gates, no ability to serve DAL, and decide it isn’t worth suing the DOJ that it will have to deal with for the next two years.
If DL doesn’t pursue further gates at DAL, it is because it has a plan B and C etc that it believes it can execute faster and more successfully than going thru a lengthy legal process.   I will absolutely assure you that DL will grow in N. Texas regardless of the outcome of the gate deal and that DL’s primary target is AA, not WN.
DL also very well could be avoiding a showdown with the DOJ precisely because its network “to-do list” includes other transactions that have far bigger implications than 2 gates at DAL, including possible airline or asset acquisitions on the west coast.  Nuf said for now. 
Let’s also be very clear that VX’ announcement that it will add flights to ORD might be precisely the pre-emptive move to keep UA from deciding they want to stay in the market.  UA might keep its RJ service to IAH but they don’t fly that for the local market.  They fly it for the connections – the difference is they have not been bound by the 50 seat limit on their flights to IAH as DL has been on flights to ATL. 
Finally, I enjoy your mindset of “my 2nd favorite team is whoever is competing against DL” in your support of AA but I can assure you that your company is out to get all it can from AA in the next few years.  AA may or may not surpass where DL is, but let’s also remember that Parker himself argued that consolidation would allow further capacity reduction in the industry which will mean that there will be lots of service cut.  DL did it.  UA is just now getting around to doing it.  WN has done it and may have a little left to do but AA will most certainly do it, including restructuring/cutting its perpetually money-losing Pacific operation.  Further, no one has yet to provide a comparison of any airline that has faced the amount of new competition that AA will face just at DIL and DCA in key cities…. And that growth of other carriers will reduce AA revenue and size. 
Let me reiterate one more time… don’t get hung up on the two gates at DAL.  It is almost a given that WN won’t get the gates and it is very possible DL might not either.  DL and WN both have a strong track record of winning in the marketplace and I fully expect that the two gates won’t change that for either DL or WN.

sooo true kev    sooo true...    remember when he was adamant delta would file that "legal challenge"   still waiting for that link

because you, robbed, can't seem to understand the tenses of verbs that exist in the English language.  You and no one else has ever found a post where I said "DL will file suit .... without condition."

I have said MAY, COULD, and added conditions. 

DL may or may not file suit.  DO you understand conditional verbs, robbed? 

No, Kev, I have only replied to numerous posts primarily by swamt that WN would win the gates over others.  It is now clear that WN won't get the two gates. Perhaps WN is also trying to twist UA"s arm for access to the other gates like DL is doing.  

and again, these gates just like the slots at DCA and LGA are just tools for an airline to achieve what they need to do in the market.  I will bet my next paycheck that DL will be announcing plans that will allow them to achieve their strategic objectives in each of the cities that have been affected by the AA/US asset divestiture.

Are you willing to bet yours?

You might be surprised which is bigger. 

WorldTraveler said:
No, Kev, I have only replied to numerous posts primarily by swamt that WN would win the gates over others.
Realllllly.... :rolleyes:

Are you willing to bet yours?

You might be surprised which is bigger.
I don't traffic in absolutes, and I've never claimed to be clairvoyant. if I could predict the future, I wouldn't work where I do.

If, as a retiree, your check is bigger than mine, then good on ya. That doesn't impress me in the least. I don't worship the almighty dollar the way some on here do...

wt  you said back in nov when us/aa merging etc and the slots that would become avail delta would file a legal challenge bec the govt made crystal clear that delta and ual would not win the slots   you cant admit  to it.    in fact in a thread some time ago someone reposted it  you chose to ignore it

please find that thread and post it, robbed, with that exact verbiage.

I don't worship any dollar, Kev.  I am simply noting that  you could come out smelling very good if you were as certain of your position as you say you are. 

I'm pretty sure there will be threads on here about the next strategic moves that DL will make as soon as the dust settles with DCA, LGA, and DAL/DFW. 

Certain on how DAL's gate allocation will play out? Never claimed to have been, nor have I posted accordingly.

Certain you have made great hay of just that, only to now say that it's not a big deal? Absolutely.

WT,

The reason you see me as hung up on these two gates is because you were the one to start it all.
I have never said SWA would pack up and move some buildings.  What I said was Herb has in fact told the city of Dallas that he would move HQ if they did something years and years ago, and I did not say they will do it in these two gate cases.
I don't where you are getting that SWA is not getting the gates.  It is now (and only for now) between SWA and VX as both these carriers meet ALL the requirements the DOJ has set forth, there are one or two others that are seriously considering putting in bids as we await their decisions.
Like I have stated; put it to the side for now and let it play out, I will update you if I hear any more rather it's positive or negative news for any of us...

Kev,
the only certainty I have said is that WN wouldn't get the gates as long as DL had an interest in them.  With VX having thrown their hat in the ring, the only certainty is that WN still won't get the gates as long as anyone else expresses any interest.

there is no basis for increasing the amount of control any carrier has over an airport as long as there is at least one other carrier that wants in.

that is a guarantee.... if that principle weren't true, then I could guarantee you that DL and every other carrier would do the same thing where they could.

It is still far from certain that other carriers will be permanently told they cannot serve while WN sits on 80% of the gates.  There are federal airport access laws and it is very doubtful that DAL as an airport can continue to receive federal funding while denying the ability of potential new entrants to serve the airport.

So far as I know, and someone can correct me, but I don't know of any other US airport where a carrier has been blocked from serving it AT ALL because of an access to gates and not because of slots. 

swamt,
what was the date when the threat to move WN facilities out of DAL was made?

I'm only interested in published, confirmed updates that validate who will and who does not get access so you don't need to post anything other than the press release from the carriers when it is all confirmed. 

The same thing happened to VX when they first wanted to serve ORD, there was no gates for them to use, ORD wasnt fined nor did the Feds shutoff funding.

Dont let those pesky facts get in you're way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts