Delta offering 55 point retirement package

BABABOOY

Veteran
Jun 15, 2007
Delta stated:   Among other things the Program provides a generous cash severance benefit as well as retiree travel, career transition assistance, retiree life insurance and COBRA health insurance reimbursement.
Individual details can be found on DeltaNet

Reactions: 1 person
Outside of the change to lifetime pass travel (from 1 year per year of service), I don't see any changes to what they've been offering? This seems geared to someone already getting ready to jump anyway... and I guess that's the point.

They might get more takers if the severance wasn't a lump sum.

Side note: I can never wrap my head around the idea that I now qualify for these things...

Kev3188 said:
I believe they pick up the tab through the end of the year, but a person is eligible for COBRA for 18 months, starting with the month of separation...
COBRA is a joke. Buy it's good (If you're ready to retire) that they pick up the medical through the end of the year. After that you have the ability to jump on the ACA.

Kev3188 said:
Outside of the change to lifetime pass travel (from 1 year per year of service), I don't see any changes to what they've been offering? This seems geared to someone already getting ready to jump anyway... and I guess that's the point.They might get more takers if the severance wasn't a lump sum.Side note: I can never wrap my head around the idea that I now qualify for these things...

I can never wrap my head around the fact that I'm not 18 anymore. Hanging out drinking beer on the freight train tracks and having sex with Rosa Goglia in the weeds.

Ugh where the hell did my hair go for Petes sake?

Kev3188 said:
Outside of the change to lifetime pass travel (from 1 year per year of service), I don't see any changes to what they've been offering? This seems geared to someone already getting ready to jump anyway... and I guess that's the point.

They might get more takers if the severance wasn't a lump sum.

Side note: I can never wrap my head around the idea that I now qualify for these things...
lets not go down that road....... 

having said that, good. I am glad they keep offering these early outs. Nothing wrong with being less junior. (and nothing wrong with the cute new FAs doing coming into the hangar every now and then) 

topDawg said:
lets not go down that road....... 
Lol.

having said that, good. I am glad they keep offering these early outs. Nothing wrong with being less junior. (and nothing wrong with the cute new FAs doing coming into the hangar every now and then)
I get why they do them, but at what they're offering, these are more of a "nice parting gift" than a real incentive for someone to think about separating that might not have already been doing so...

700UW said:
Now here is a real buyout:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-09-15/united-offers-100-000-buyouts-to-flight-attendants

Sept. 16 (Bloomberg) -- United Airlines, the only major U.S. carrier to post a quarterly loss this year, is offering its flight attendants buyouts of as much as $100,000 as it seeks to rein in costs.
Take NOTE everyone  

look who is the first one to bring up another Airline.  
You have become the person you so rile against.  Hypocrisy once again.

Obviously Delta is NOT United.  The article alone tells you why they offered this.
Different economic situations call for different packages.  Again, Delta is NOT United.
Three years ago, Delta offered a good package with cash towards a Health Savings account.
And the only reason they did so what the situation provided incentives for Delta by the Obama 
administration (ACA)

Delta doesn't need nor want a mass exodus.

WeAAsles said:
I can never wrap my head around the fact that I'm not 18 anymore.
Right?

BABABOOY said:
Again, Delta is NOT United.
Three years ago, Delta offered a good package with cash towards a Health Savings account.
And the only reason they did so what the situation provided incentives for Delta by the Obama 
administration (ACA)
Agreed. One of my coworkers took that and is thriving.

Obviously, that specific program won't be repeated, but something as appealing would certainly mean greater numbers of people taking these. Short term expense up front, but savings long term...

Delta doesn't need nor want a mass exodus.
Maybe not a "mass" exodus, but the point is certainly to get people to leave.

...And if those people are TOS, have 5 weeks of vacation, and use family coverage, then it's all the better, right?