Delta offering 55 point retirement package

Kev3188 said:
... Maybe not a "mass" exodus, but the point is certainly to get people to leave....And if those people are TOS, have 5 weeks of vacation, and use family coverage, then it's all the better, right?
Bingo. 25k max may get me to bump up my out date by a few weeks, but it certainly isn't going to shave off a year or two.

Essentially the carrot on a stick doesn't have much except the stem on it.

Kev3188 said:
Lol.

I get why they do them, but at what they're offering, these are more of a "nice parting gift" than a real incentive for someone to think about separating that might not have already been doing so...
I don't think they are trying to get a ton of people to leave right now.

Kev3188 said:
Side note: I can never wrap my head around the idea that I now qualify for these things...
You're just a mere child.  How do you think I felt when my niece who's on staff at Princeton and I met in New York City earlier this year for a few days of seeing shows and spending too much money.  When I got back home to Dallas it hit me...I HAVE A 46-YEAR OLD NIECE!  NOOOOOOO.

topDawg said:
I don't think they are trying to get a ton of people to leave right now.
Well, with a company the size of ours "ton" is a relative term, but on the ACS side, there's stil, a lot of stations that are nowhere near the stated goal of 50% RR. For every senior person that hits the bricks, there's a spot that can be back filled with RRs...

jimntx said:
You're just a mere child.  .
I like the way you think. :D

Reactions: 1 person
Is this just a limited time offer to try and clean up the books for 2015, or is it a standing offer?

jimntx said:
When I got back home to Dallas it hit me...I HAVE A 46-YEAR OLD NIECE!  NOOOOOOO.
That's almost as realizing you qualify for "Grandparents Day"....

Kev3188 said:
Limited time offer... you have to decide by the end of this month...
Some have been floating out some grand announcement at Delta shortly? I really hope you get a better item than this one was so far.

WeAAsles said:
Some have been floating out some grand announcement at Delta shortly? I really hope you get a better item than this one was so far.
probably another raise 

All though i have heard a few rumors floating around for some other things. "building a more reliable airline"

jimntx said:
You're just a mere child.  How do you think I felt when my niece who's on staff at Princeton and I met in New York City earlier this year for a few days of seeing shows and spending too much money.  When I got back home to Dallas it hit me...I HAVE A 46-YEAR OLD NIECE!  NOOOOOOO.
oh hell no.