Delta opens line hangar at NRT.

Delta, circa this morning (page 20, emphasis mine):

"Reduce 2015 Pacific capacity levels by 6-8%, including a 15% reduction from Japan in light of weakening yen which is mitigated by expected 2015 yen hedge benefit of $145 million"

"Recalibrate Narita hub to improve service for local passengers … Will serve 5 intra-Asia routes in 2015, down from 12 in 2009"

So much for the whole "Delta isn't shrinking in Japan" BS ... gosh it must suck to be so arrogant, and yet so wrong, so often.

Reactions: 3 people
no one has EVER said that DL is not reducing its presence in Japan.

What I have repeatedly said is that DL is MAINTAINING its share in the local US-Japan and Japan beach markets.

Japan is a shrinkng market.

what you simply cannot admit is that capacity has shrunk and will continue to shrink as CONNECTIONS move away from Tokyo.

AA has LEAD the reduction in Japan capacity.

and most significantly, DL has been profitable across the Pacific while AA continues to subsidize Asia to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars per year.

commavia said:
Delta, circa this morning (page 20, emphasis mine):

"Reduce 2015 Pacific capacity levels by 6-8%, including a 15% reduction from Japan in light of weakening yen which is mitigated by expected 2015 yen hedge benefit of $145 million"

"Recalibrate Narita hub to improve service for local passengers … Will serve 5 intra-Asia routes in 2015, down from 12 in 2009"

So much for the whole "Delta isn't shrinking in Japan" BS ... gosh it must suck to be so arrogant, and yet so wrong, so often.

yjgss.jpg

WorldTraveler said:
no one has EVER said that DL is not reducing its presence in Japan.

Lets take a stroll down memory lane:

WorldTraveler said:
The only thing that is debatable is that you have a complete inability to admit the fact that DL is not giving up on a market that you have been hoping against hope they would lose in.

give it up and focus on something else.

WorldTraveler said:
no, DL's position has not weakened by any kind of statistical measure.

if you believe it has, then you should be able to provide factual data to show it.

WorldTraveler said:
DL's presence in Japan is no smaller relative to any other carrier there.

Whole Truth!

Reactions: 1 person
and you cut out al of the references to the local markets that were part of those comments.

DL still has not given up one iota of market share in the local market

Since you clearly don't understand the concept, tell us about the market that WN has given up in ATL.

WorldTraveler said:
Since you clearly don't understand the concept, tell us about the market that WN has given up in ATL.

Yeah, ofcourse I wouldn't understand.  :rolleyes:

I just don't have the industry knowledge that you claim to possess..... 
8336200288_1c35036dc4_t.jpg

BTW:  Nice deflection!

goalkeeper-smiley-emoticon-1.gif

Reactions: 1 person
so, how much share has WN lost in ATL?

(you do understand the difference between capacity in a market and local market share, don't you?)

WorldTraveler said:
no, you are simply confused or argumentative.

I never said a word about increasing or decreasing what MTC will do

nothing.

I also haven't told you or Kev how to do your jobs.

Are you sure you aren't telling DL what works and doesn't work for depts. in which you have never worked?
"I also didn't say one thing about whether DL would grow or simply maintain its maintenance presence at NRT but the mere fact that they are investing in increased facilities says that they intend to be able to do more." 

uh that is EXACTLY what you just did. 
700UW said:
And what does WN have to do with a hangar in Japan?
nothing but it is a deflection.

WorldTraveler said:
I am trying to tell you what DL is or is not doing.
...And there you have it, folks...

WorldTraveler said:

WorldTraveler said:
so, how much share has WN lost in ATL?

(you do understand the difference between capacity in a market and local market share, don't you?)
Are you f**king kidding me?

Can we have ONE topic stay on track?

perhaps someone dropped a bag on your head but the connection with WN and ATL is to show the connection between reduced capacity in ATL and market share.

perhaps you can tell us what percentage of capacity WN and FL on a combined basis have reduced in ATL over the past 5 years.

I'll make it easy for you. Choose the right answer.

A. 0 (could it also be the percent of pay raises most WN employees have received over the past 2 years?)

B. 15% (the level of DL's profit sharing) this year

C. 23% (the age when some were hired into the airline industry)

D. 34% (more than 1/3 of all the seats that were offered 5 years ago)

think carefully.

now, how much market share has WN/FL lost in the ATL local market.

p.s. the numbers aren't the same because WN has figured out how to DEHUB ATL with minimal loss in local market share or revenue.

DL has done the VERY SAME THING at NRT, location of the hangar in question.

Some people can't quite relate to some concepts unless you find their Achilles Heel and use it against them. Either DL has figured out how to do the same thing that WN did in ATL or it isn't possible to reduce capacity in a city without losing local market share.

I'm betting that Kev is more capable of grasping that concept even after a 70 pound bag was just throw at his head than commavia can after 5 years of arguing.

then you should be able to connect that the assertions that some have made about share loss and a dying hub for DL in NRT is as silly as the notion that WN is dying in ATL - and you are incapable of thinking due to a work injury.

I can usually connect your dots-tenuous as they often are- with no problem.

Just 'cause you can make those reaches, doesn't mean you should.

This one's about a hangar at NRT- let's keep it that way. Just one thread. 

then delete ALL of the comments about share loss in Tokyo. or get someone to do it.

don't give me one of your typically hypocritically one-sided lectures.

if you aren't smart enough to realize we play by the same rules or NO ONE plays, then I can make it very clear to you.

got it?