• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ni

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

C172N00

Apr 27, 2017
Hi all,

I have a quick question in with guards of our pass travel benefits policy. Me and few fellow coworkers had a discussion about what is forbidden to do with our pass travel privileges. I was hoping to get feed back on if both are breaking the rules or is only one is. This is just a fun discussion that got us going and I hope I get some feed back from this site as well. Ok so let's get started!

If I decided to make "High value necklaces" and decided that it was a hell lot cheaper for me to use my pass privileges to travel to the customer for delivery rather then paying for the shipping cost through FedEx. Would this really effect my job at Delta? Because I'm not charging him anything for bringing it to him but I'm technically selling an item to him at the airport where he/she lives?

Secondly, if I did decided to send my wife to travel to Spain to hand deliver someone a necklace that they purchased from me. If I charged that individual a fee of 200 dollars for my wife's time traveling to Spain to deliver the "Necklace". That would be classified a major violation on me, since my wife is using my pass privileges for our side business?

I tried to find our pass privileges policy on what we can and cannot due that I just gave up looking for it. If someone could point it out or just post it here that would be fantastic!! Anyways thanks for reading! Be looking for the responses!

Also if caught is it automatically you are terminated?

Hi all,

I have a quick question in with guards of our pass travel benefits policy. Me and few fellow coworkers had a discussion about what is forbidden to do with our pass travel privileges. I was hoping to get feed back on if both are breaking the rules or is only one is. This is just a fun discussion that got us going and I hope I get some feed back from this site as well. Ok so let's get started!

If I decided to make "High value necklaces" and decided that it was a hell lot cheaper for me to use my pass privileges to travel to the customer for delivery rather then paying for the shipping cost through FedEx. Would this really effect my job at Delta? Because I'm not charging him anything for bringing it to him but I'm technically selling an item to him at the airport where he/she lives?

Secondly, if I did decided to send my wife to travel to Spain to hand deliver someone a necklace that they purchased from me. If I charged that individual a fee of 200 dollars for my wife's time traveling to Spain to deliver the "Necklace". That would be classified a major violation on me, since my wife is using my pass privileges for our side business?

I tried to find our pass privileges policy on what we can and cannot due that I just gave up looking for it. If someone could point it out or just post it here that would be fantastic!! Anyways thanks for reading! Be looking for the responses!

Yes, Maybe, no. YGBFKM.

A lot of what's on DLNet is vague; their position on the questions you're asking are not...

My opinion is buy a "real" ticket, and then you won't have to worry.

Oh trust me I've found it on Deltanet this morning. Just wanted to get people's views on he subject.
Enough*
When it comes to company policy, my suggestion is go with the policy. It doesn't matter what other people think about it. And, asking other people's opinion might give the impression that you are trying to stir up "trouble".

In business, the Golden Rule is "He who has the gold, makes the rules." Unless you win the lottery or your trust fund matures, best to go with that. Especially if you do not have union protection of any kind.;)

Hi all,

If your selling to someone charge them shipping. Your just trying to cause trouble on here that's all. You should not be posting this crap

Did you say that you're doing this domestically or internationally?....

Not only are you violating DL's pass policy (i.e. using passes for commercial gain), if you're delivering these to Spain, then you're essentially smuggling if you're not declaring them as items that don't belong to you and/or won't be entering *and* leaving the country with you...

When it comes to passes, anything goes depending on if you're violating the letter of the policy, or the intent of the policy...

Assuming you're not thrown in jail for smuggling or tax evasion, you might lose your passes, or you could lose your job if it's determined to be gross abuse.

Tread lightly, grasshopper....

Reactions: 1AA