Delta records another very strong quarter

Uh, a standard domestic 757 has MORE seats than a BE 757 so that argument doesn't fly.

Even if you added up the list of flights you listed, you would realize that schedule cannot possibly be flown by 18 aircraft.

We can debate the number of aircraft and there may eventually be 18 that have a BE configuration but you can let me know when the 767s are completely pulled from JFK-LAX.

DL hasn't run all of those flights on BE 757s so it doesn't matter what they have run; JFK-SEA has NEVER been run with a complete BE schedule.

I believe there are there for the long haul and there are ample reasons why.

And they are a key part of DL's strategy to increase its presence in both JFK and LAX and the competitive changes have provided opportunities that DL has chosen to go after.

WorldTraveler said:
Uh, a standard domestic 757 has MORE seats than a BE 757 so that argument doesn't fly.

Even if you added up the list of flights you listed, you would realize that schedule cannot possibly be flown by 18 aircraft.

We can debate the number of aircraft and there may eventually be 18 that have a BE configuration but you can let me know when the 767s are completely pulled from JFK-LAX.

DL hasn't run all of those flights on BE 757s so it doesn't matter what they have run; JFK-SEA has NEVER been run with a complete BE schedule.

I believe there are there for the long haul and there are ample reasons why.

And they are a key part of DL's strategy to increase its presence in both JFK and LAX and the competitive changes have provided opportunities that DL has chosen to go after.
ugh. your killin me here smalls. 

Few things, I didn't say JFK-SEA doesn't have traffic, I said it doesn't have the traffic for a true J aircraft. Only JFK-LAX/SFO do. If JFK-SEA had the traffic AA would also have its transcon aircraft on it. 

and yes, JFK-SEA has been all 75E. It did have a 767 on one flight not to long ago, but now ATL is used to rotate the 767 in. 

Reactions: 1 person
no, the measure of whether a BE aircraft is viable has nothing to do with AA.

AA doesn't operate a single int'l flight from SEA. They also don't operate a flight across the Pacific from JFK either as a side note.

No, JFK-SEA has not ever been operated with a full business elite schedule.

And you can try to go down rabbit holes if you want but the whole point of where DL operates the various types of BE 757s is presumably your attempt to argue that DL has enough aircraft to fly the transcons with all 757 aircraft.

They don't.

and I assert they won't because they intend to use 767s on at least some JFK-LAX flights.

When that changes you can let me know.

The 767 is an integral part of DL's strategy to increase its presence at both JFK and LAX and gain additional passenger and cargo revenues in the process.

When you have evidence that DL is pulling the 767s off of the JFK transcons, you can post that.

where the 757s will go is driven by what the 767s do on domestic routes.

btw, you do realize that JFK-HNL will be operated by a 767ER in a BE configuration as well?

Latest posts