Delta removes y/c seats after f/a input

more FUD. 

1) pilots don't order aircraft
2) The 757 final count is still floating. As long as fuel stays low more and more 757s that are due for the 4th overhaul will get them and new cabins. Has nothing to do with the TA and everything to do with the 757 not having a true replacement. 

company is also searching for more young ETOPS birds.
I didn't say the pilots order new aircraft. But the failed TA included an order for additional 739s and the E190s.

Of course a large number of pilots assumed that the company was just offering additional aircraft because they were going to use them to retire other aircraft including the M80.

Low fuel prices help the case for the 757s but many of DL's aircraft are run to their life limits.

If DL brings back more 757s, then it is additional capacity unless they start parking M80s.

That's some serious irony right there...
let me guess... you still have this notion that all of the pro-company user IDs here are the same person but there are tens of thousands of pro-union people who EACH have separate identities.

Reactions: 1 person
WorldTraveler said:
I didn't say the pilots order new aircraft. But the failed TA included an order for additional 739s and the E190s
no it didn't. It came with a "promise" to order more aircraft.
Delta has yet to write a single order into the pilots contract. Words mean nothing in this industry. Nothing. 

WorldTraveler said:
Of course a large number of pilots assumed that the company was just offering additional aircraft because they were going to use them to retire other aircraft including the M80.
Math.....
20 E90s and 40 739s would be able to replace a nice amount of M88s, the additional 76 seaters would also help.
the company said the 739s were replacement jets.
The company is now open about the fact that the M88s aren't going to be around much longer.

but Delta doesn't lie to the pilots. Oh wait.... that JV thing.... and that was in writing, not a "promise"

Again, pilots don't order airplanes and it shouldn't be part of contracts.

WorldTraveler said:
Low fuel prices help the case for the 757s but many of DL's aircraft are run to their life limits.
false.
Delta has a nice chunk of airplanes due for the 5th overhaul but only a very are in danger of cycling out soon.
The rest of the parked planes haven't even had the 4th overhaul.

WorldTraveler said:
let me guess... you still have this notion that all of the pro-company user IDs here are the same person but there are tens of thousands of pro-union people who EACH have separate identities.
no I think Kev is thinking the same thing I am, Pete shows up to post anti-union stuff and that is literally it. I have never seen him post if it didn't have to do with a union.

again, I didn't say that the pilots should incorporate airplane orders in their contract. DL did not say that 100% of the additional 739s would be replacement aircraft.

it may well be that the 757s that are pulled from the desert are used for M80 replacements but we really don't know.

The JV issues weren't promises. They were contract items that allowed the pilots to negotiate a settlement if violated. The company AND DALPA settled for $30 million. There was no more of a promise than there was to Boeing to order 787 aircraft. Both are governed by contracts.

DL HAS grown the number of mainline seats, aircraft miles, and every other dimension. There is no reason to think that will change and every reason to believe it will continue because it makes good financial sense for DL to continue to grow.

It isn't a guarantee and I didn't say it was. I said that the chances are very high that DL wanted to use some of the additional aircraft to grow the fleet and now that will likely be supplemented by aircraft pulled from the desert.

You seem to think that the company is going to quit doing what is good for the company - grow the airline and take advantage of market opportunities just so they can screw the employees.

what a weird view of the world.

Townpete is quite active in the Water Cooler in addition to union issues here.

WorldTraveler said:
again, I didn't say that the pilots should incorporate airplane orders in their contract. DL did not say that 100% of the additional 739s would be replacement aircraft.
Delta said the 737-900ER aircraft will be replacement aircraft. So yes, they did.

WorldTraveler said:
it may well be that the 757s that are pulled from the desert are used for M80 replacements but we really don't know.
no some of us do know. Amazing to me that sometimes you think that just the pilots

and you know not the people who will be maintaining them, the planners for all that work etc. etc. don't know whats going on with the fleet.

We just wake up, see a 757 in the hangar that went to MZJ and simple say "oh ####, another one came back". After that its just calling up AAR and saying "hey we just had an airplane come back, fit it in tomorrow for mods?"

WorldTraveler said:
The JV issues weren't promises. They were contract items that allowed the pilots to negotiate a settlement if violated. The company AND DALPA settled for $30 million. There was no more of a promise than there was to Boeing to order 787 aircraft. Both are governed by contracts.
way to miss my point.

WorldTraveler said:
DL HAS grown the number of mainline seats, aircraft miles, and every other dimension. There is no reason to think that will change and every reason to believe it will continue because it makes good financial sense for DL to continue to grow.
cool story bro.

WorldTraveler said:
It isn't a guarantee and I didn't say it was. I said that the chances are very high that DL wanted to use some of the additional aircraft to grow the fleet and now that will likely be supplemented by aircraft pulled from the desert.
also again
cool story.

WorldTraveler said:
You seem to think that the company is going to quit doing what is good for the company - grow the airline and take advantage of market opportunities just so they can screw the employees.
once again putting words in my mouth.

WorldTraveler said:
what a weird view of the world.
I imagine anyone who wouldn't do anything for Delta seems odd to you. I however wouldn't say that I'm the weird one.

WorldTraveler said:
Townpete is quite active in the Water Cooler in addition to union issues here.
Oh sorry so he just post basically political things and anti-union things.
Sounds so much better.

topDawg said:
no I think Kev is thinking the same thing I am, Pete shows up to post anti-union stuff and that is literally it. I have never seen him post if it didn't have to do with a union.
Pretty much. I just found it funny that someone who consistently trolls would try and flip that onto someone else...

dawg, you might THINK DL mgmt. runs everything by you for approval but there are a whole lot of other stakeholders at DL who do know and there are also documents that are sent throughout the company showing the plans.

If you can show me documents that show that the additional 739s and E190s that were rejected in the TA were solely replacement aircraft then I will acknowledge you are right.

You don't have that information and neither does anyone else.

DL very well might start the process of parking the M80s and use some of the older 757s and new 321s and 739s to do that.

you can't write one day that the fleet plan for the 757s is still fluid and then tell me that the plan is no-growth because it isn't factually correct.

I PARTICIPATE in the forum, Kevin. perhaps you can tell us what trolling involves that isn't any different from what you and anyone else does.

but let's face it what you and a couple dozen other people want is a forum where you can spout your own views unchallenged from reality.

Learn to live in a world of diverse ideas and be accountable for the accuracy of what you right is a very good place to start when participating in a world of diverse ideas. dawg should do the same thing.

See there you go. I knew you would show up in true form.

All of the opposition is one voice but you are just one of thousands that are opposed to the environment that exists at the company that is paying you enormously well.

WorldTraveler said:
See there you go. I knew you would show up in true form.All of the opposition is one voice but you are just one of thousands that are opposed to the environment that exists at the company that is paying you enormously well.
Exactly this. They really have no shame whatsoever.

Me me me, I I I

lol

The Delta difference of listening to its employees:

“This is an investment to give our flight attendants the room that they asked for, and in turn so they can provide better customer service,” he said.

The seat reductions are a bit unusual in an industry that has tried to stuff more passengers on board in recent years, in part by introducing sleeker “slimline” seating.

Reactions: 2 people
WorldTraveler said:
The Delta difference of listening to its employees:

“This is an investment to give our flight attendants the room that they asked for, and in turn so they can provide better customer service,” he said.

The seat reductions are a bit unusual in an industry that has tried to stuff more passengers on board in recent years, in part by introducing sleeker “slimline” seating.

And did so without a union running hostile interference.

Imagine that!

WorldTraveler said:
dawg, you might THINK DL mgmt. runs everything by you for approval but there are a whole lot of other stakeholders at DL who do know and there are also documents that are sent throughout the company showing the plans.
you are great a putting words in my mouth. So good job, I'm glad you are good at something.

WorldTraveler said:
If you can show me documents that show that the additional 739s and E190s that were rejected in the TA were solely replacement aircraft then I will acknowledge you are right.
I didn't say anything about the E90s. Now you are adding things in, IMO, because you are wrong and can't take it.
Anyways, read slowly, "The 737-900ERs, which were in addition to an existing order, were to be deployed as replacements for other narrowbody aircraft scheduled to retire through 2019."

WorldTraveler said:
You don't have that information and neither does anyone else.
I don't know what airplanes Delta is parking?
Lol you really don't think maintenance has a list of those airplanes?

Yep they just show up for a lease return check or a pre-storage check and we are all shocked. Honestly we never know what is going to happen, just one big adventure every time we show up at the hangar.

Sad how you bean counter think you are the only ones who know stuff lol.

WorldTraveler said:
you can't write one day that the fleet plan for the 757s is still fluid and then tell me that the plan is no-growth because it isn't factually correct.
I didn't say that.

WorldTraveler said:
I PARTICIPATE in the forum, Kevin. perhaps you can tell us what trolling involves that isn't any different from what you and anyone else does.
Google is your friend.

WorldTraveler said:
but let's face it what you and a couple dozen other people want is a forum where you can spout your own views unchallenged from reality.
no reality is fine.
But you don't give us that. Reality isn't waking up every day to kiss Delta ass like you think it is.

reality would be simply you providing evidence that DL intended to use the additional 739s ALONE - not even talking about the E190s - for mainline replacement.