Delta reports record profit for Q4

BABABOOY

Veteran
Jun 15, 2007
Q4 2011:

Revenues: $8.4B +8%
Operating Profit: $726m (8.6% margin)
Net Profit: $425m (5.1% margin)
Net Profit excluding specials: $379m (4.5% margin)
PRASM up 11-12%

Full Year 2011:

Revenues: $35.1 billion +11%
Operating Profit: $1.98 billion (5.6% margin)
Net Profit: $854m (2.4% margin)
Net Profit excluding specials: $1.2 billion (3.4% margin)

Profit sharing: $89m in Q4; $264m full year.

Delta's adjusted net debt at the end of 2011 was $12.9 billion, a $4.1 billion reduction from 2009.

http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=43&item=1532

Q4 2011:

Revenues: $8.4B +8%
Operating Profit: $726m (8.6% margin)
Net Profit: $425m (5.1% margin)
Net Profit excluding specials: $379m (4.5% margin)
PRASM up 11-12%

Full Year 2011:

Revenues: $35.1 billion +11%
Operating Profit: $1.98 billion (5.6% margin)
Net Profit: $854m (2.4% margin)
Net Profit excluding specials: $1.2 billion (3.4% margin)

Profit sharing: $89m in Q4; $264m full year.

Delta's adjusted net debt at the end of 2011 was $12.9 billion, a $4.1 billion reduction from 2009.

http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=43&item=1532
Please follow the rules in the future. NO good news about Delta please.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes nothing to see here....move along....

Great YOY results. Record Q4 and
Great Profit sharing of 264 million for the year

Now that all carriers have reported (except for AA), it can be seen that DL's performance was tied to better than industry revenue growth and a 20 cent per gallon lower price for fuel due to fuel hedging compared to the industry.
What these numbers say is that now that the NW merger is finished, DL is in excellent position to control its destiny in the next round of consolidation and strategic initiatives in the industry. DL's strategic needs remain increased access to LHR, a larger position in Latin America including from the key MIA gateway, and a larger position on the west coast. We will see DL focus on those areas in the next 12-18 months.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm sure Kev and the rest of the union posse won't mind giving up the check on the 14th, since a union had nothing to do with them receiving it !
220.gif

Well whadda ya know; another knee jerk answer from Southwind. I know it can be hard for you, but just once try and add something intelligent to these boards.

Here, I'll help; answer this:

Why would I- or anyone- give up money we helped earn?

....esp. since there was indeed profit sharing in the pre-merger labor contracts, even if the DL amounts was higher.
Not sure if there is sufficient data to calculate what profit sharing would have been under the PMNW contracts, but statements about how post-integration pay compares with what was under the PMNW contracts should include those profit sharing amounts.
It is noteworthy that DL and UA's profitability are similar although DL was able to better improve its financial performance.
Also, while calculated differently, DL and UA's profit sharing for 2011 was almost identical.... we don't know how many mainline employees at each carrier will divide the profit sharing but UA has about 4K more consolidated employees than DL.

Flight Attendant work group. Last year the PMNW profit share was around 4.5% vs PMDL at 6.5%

Exactly.

And this year, it'll be 4.85% for all. .35% more is nice, but not the gigantic difference some make it out to be.
Don't forget to minus the non payment of union dues...just to be fair.
For a f/a that is .35% plus $516 dollars. just to be fair.

Okay, if we're going to mix and match;

My dues were $564 yearly. Since we're no longer represented, if I want to maintain the same level of insurance coverage for my family, it'll be $648 more per year than I pay now. Just to, you know, be fair that's premiums only. If I need new knee pads or rain gear I'll now be paying for those as well. Safety shoes? No reimbursement, since I refuse to buy shoes I have to walk in all day sight unseen. The list goes on and on...

Meto, I'm surprised to see you throw the "dues bogeyman" out there. You aren't one of those guys that thinks it's okay for pilots to be represented but not any other group, are you?

Latest posts