Delta rescues group of 5th grade students after AA cancels their flight

Upper management may had have not known but it’s the piss poor culture they have instilled that causes stuff like this. AA doesn’t give 2 cents about any paying customers. They prove it pretty much every day. How many fly AA because they want to? Hah very damn few they fly us because they have to. Upper management is solely the blame for that.
I took this stupid learning hub test yesterday,I think it was the one turn one team one,it had a video in it about how important customers were to them. Lol I almost threw up, I thought I was watching one of those old WW2 propaganda films. What a croc of chit that was

Its obviously the Customer service culture between American and Delta are miles apart.

One continues to make huge profits while managing to make customer service and employee relations a part of the airline culture. The other one cares about making money and cut costs in all areas with no regard to the two biggest assets.
And without a union.... Shocker

Reactions: 1AA
I don’t think not having a union has anything to do with it.
They just don’t have idiots running the show like we clearly do.

“My guess is” management was not attentive or alert

To suggest the cause was the front line agent’s fault for not getting an extra section flight speaks volumes and is good evidence what is wrong with management concepts and objects that allows the front line agents the possessions to act

Management has the ability to create an extra section flight to suggest that only if they knew there was a problem that would get out of control is shortsighted

My guess is management was well aware of the numerous cancellations. And management knows, Planers, Routers, MOC, Crew Sceduling etc. make tough decisions to minimize the disruption. How would they possibly know about 41 school kids and the potential optics if someone one the ground didn't inform them. We have zero details to make any assumptions. But if you check social media for generic complaints about AA its almost always from line agents actions not some evil management cabal making decesions. When I worked as agent at an airport I always did what I could to mitigate issues including escalating it up the chain has high as necessary. I know most of our agents do that too.

One side note to add some color here:

Delta has it set up where our Connection carriers can sub flights for one another (ie, having 9E run a flight if, say, Skywest cancels due to maintenance). What that means is that we sometimes have hot spares waiting. I don't know if that was the case here, but it may have made building an extra section to run a rescue flight that much easier...

A former NASCAR driver and his wife have been ripping AA for a few days now on Twitter after multi day cancellations and piss poor customer service responses. You should see the replies with peoples own bad experiences. The most common statement? Worse airline ever , that and fly Delta

Reactions: swamt