Delta rescues group of 5th grade students after AA cancels their flight

20190616_210332.jpg

Reactions: robbedagain
Although AA talks about catching up to Delta and comparing themselves to Delta this will never happen as long as profits keep rolling in and load factors remain high regardless of cheap seats. From my point of view you do not have to offer good customer service and good employee relations to be profitable and keep the Board of Directors happy with your financial results.

But this would improve customer loyalty and better customer service at AA if they followed Delta.
http://news3lv.com/news/nation-world/delta-airlines-upgrading-international-main-cabin-experience

At this rate AA never will catch up and/or pass Delta.
I admit that I am eating crow right now with AA as they have NOT surpassed Delta after the same amount of time out of BK. Delta has clearly won that one and is still winning...
Catch delta? Jeez we are trying to stay ahead of spirit and catch frontier..

That's funny. If you take the president's logo of make America great again I guess you can't make American Airlines great again no matter who's in the White House.
I agree. But AA could be great again and surpass Delta. Just gotta get the right leader in place. Not bashing, but I do not think Parker is the man to get it done and neither does the BOD or the investors at this point. He is use to running a very small airline not the worlds largest.

This Kinder fella is dead set on getting AMFA and SWA back to the relationship we had before the last 7 years of nego's has damaged. The mechanics believe in him doing it, just won't happen overnight. Some changes are required at the very top and he is geared to get it done. If certain people are still at the helm of maint. it will be a no starter on mending the relationship and AMFA has translated that to Kinder as well as the membership has also told him numerous times over and over.

Can only hope you guys can do the same after you get your new contract done and over with. Here's to hoping you guys surpass our agreement and save scope as much as possible. Set the new bar for when we nego a new agreement next time (although we are already hearing of a 2-3 year extension from Kinder) unless something changes from now until then, both sides are already hoping for an extension. No one wants to go through that crap again.

Catch delta? Jeez we are trying to stay ahead of spirit and catch frontier..

Frontier is knocking on our door asking us to step aside so they can pass us on the left.

Yes. And is this not why the investors and BOD are starting to notice and speak up?
I foresee a change at the top soon if these other airlines keep outpacing AA on the charts. Too big of an airline for Parker IMO.

Here comes another Q that Delta will more than likely outshine all the airlines. Us (SWA) and AA will be hit the hardest due to the Max's being grounded since March and thru the entire 2nd Q. Other weather delays and cancellations came from bad weather as well as new paperwork within the maint. depts work packages that also were grounded, delayed or canceled all together. Delta (I believe) has no Max's that are grounded and many of SWA's and AA's customers may have very well flocked to them and other airlines for their inconveniences. We will take a big hit, American will also take a pretty good hit. Also one of the payouts of the mechanics contract will come in the 2nd Q results as well. (June 20th) while the smaller retro payment will come in the 3rd Q as well as our new pay rates will not hit until 3rd Q.
Delta already had a record holiday travel with 2.1 million passengers and over 666,000 on the holiday day of Memorial day.
So early congrats to Delta and their employees for yet another great Q results coming soon. I just hope our hit and AA's hit are not as rough as we all think they will be.
Happy reading;

Airlines' Q2 Earnings Picture Bright: 3 Stocks in Focus

I saw one article about the 737 Max that said only American, Southwest, and United have 737 MAX aircraft in the U.S. My company and yours are going to take a big hit on finances in the Summer travel season. I don't know how many Southwest has, but AA has 24 that were in service. Assuming they are configured at the minimum seat count (138 for the MAX 8), that's 3312 seats out of inventory every single day since the grounding. How many pilots and flight attendants being paid, but not working is that? Lord only knows how many ground staff (rampers, gate agents, etc)) are on the payroll, but not working. How many daily cancellations is that? It is not going to be attractive when the earnings and profits (or lack thereof) are announced.

I saw one article about the 737 Max that said only American, Southwest, and United have 737 MAX aircraft in the U.S. My company and yours are going to take a big hit on finances in the Summer travel season. I don't know how many Southwest has, but AA has 24 that were in service. Assuming they are configured at the minimum seat count (138 for the MAX 8), that's 3312 seats out of inventory every single day since the grounding. How many pilots and flight attendants being paid, but not working is that? Lord only knows how many ground staff (rampers, gate agents, etc)) are on the payroll, but not working. How many daily cancellations is that? It is not going to be attractive when the earnings and profits (or lack thereof) are announced.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/08/air...rnings-as-boeing-737-max-troubles-linger.html

Parker said we will never lose money again. We will see come end of July.