Delta rescues group of 5th grade students after AA cancels their flight

Not quite entirely true, skippy....

skippy? ok..

AA was a launch customer for the A300-600R, and also an early buyer for the F100.

really? just doing a bit research tells that the a300-600 was around for years before aa ordered a variant of the a300-600 of an additional fuel tank.....and the f-100 was flying around for a year before aa placed orders. an early buyer?? the f-100 was operational for 1 year before aa ordered them in 1989. that's the best you can do to argue? ok.

On the MD-Lemons... DL ordered first

really? that's exactly what i said...thanks for the confirmation.

if united ordered and utilized the 777 and 787 prior to aa, that's exactly what i said too. research tells us that united had it's first 787 delivered in 2012, aa in 2015. in fact, aa didn't order it's first 787 until 2013...1 year after boeing's first 787 delivery to united.

on feb. 1, 2013, aa ordered 67 787s: 20 787-8 and 47 787-9.

what was the point of your post? did you advise crandall, carty, arpey, horton and parker on what to buy?

delta has the toggle switch on the sweet spot..between shareholder and employee.

$497 million went to shareholders during the quarter and $518 million went into the profit sharing kitty. delta already ahead of last year's pace, with $739 million in the profit sharing kitty with 2 quarters still to go for 2019.

delta had $12.5 billion in revenues driven by:

a ten percent increase in premium product ticket revenue

and aa keeps doubling down on RJ service, nearly 70% of the RJs have no premium seats.

delta is also raising it's dividend to $1.61. aa at .40 cents a year. there's no wonder why in regards to being undervalued - the debt factor is factual, but, weak.

aa will have no other choice but to increase it's paltry dividend.

delta has the toggle switch on the sweet spot..between shareholder and employee.

$497 million went to shareholders during the quarter and $518 million went into the profit sharing kitty. delta already ahead of last year's pace, with $739 million in the profit sharing kitty with 2 quarters still to go for 2019.

delta had $12.5 billion in revenues driven by:

and aa keeps doubling down on RJ service, nearly 70% of the RJs have no premium seats.

delta is also raising it's dividend to $1.61. aa at .40 cents a year. there's no wonder why in regards to being undervalued - the debt factor is factual, but, weak.

aa will have no other choice but to increase it's paltry dividend.
Oh how sweet! Great PS start for full year 2019. Can I safely predict another 500 mil for the 3Q PS?

the delta people i know - know that every time they see a american eagle RJ taxiing to the gate or envoy playing cards and eating company pizza; allowing connecting aa premium bags to burn, that they'll get $100 more in profit sharing.

i'd say another $500+ million for 3q19 delta profit sharing is in the bag.

Reactions: swamt
what was the point of your post? did you advise crandall, carty, arpey, horton and parker on what to buy?

Well, I did do presentations to the first three of the five... but not on what airplanes to buy.

Your statement appeared to make the statement that AA ordered aircraft "after others" because of the bugs, but AA's orders have typically been timed around settling a contract with the APA. It's never been about bugs or not wanting to be first.

the delta people i know - know that every time they see a american eagle RJ taxiing to the gate or envoy playing cards and eating company pizza; allowing connecting aa premium bags to burn, that they'll get $100 more in profit sharing.

i'd say another $500+ million for 3q19 delta profit sharing is in the bag.
Kinda what I thought, cool beans. Hope they bust it above that...

That did look good.
Better than AA. Sorry to say, but hey, it is what it is.

I get pointing out AA's flaws, but isn't it a bit odd for a Southwest employee to be such a fan of DL?...

I get pointing out AA's flaws, but isn't it a bit odd for a Southwest employee to be such a fan of DL?...
No. Not at all. Why would you think so?
Delta is a great company. And actually if you were around back then, I am doing my part in eating crow over a bet I had with someone else that AA would be doing way better than Delta after approx. 2-3 years out out BK and at the same time period as Delta out of BK. I pretty much loss that bet. So still eating crow over it. Delta has continuously outshined AA after BK by a huge long shot. Not sure at this point if AA will ever recover over and above Delta now. Parker not use to running such a large airline and he is losing the battles. Not sure why he has not been replaced as of yet. He has no clue how to run such a complicated company at the current size it is. He was a great BS'er to get all mergers done, but can not handle the size of take on he has started.

BTW, not so much a Delta fan as giving kudos where kudos is deserved. AA deserves no such kudos and have not for several years now...

No. Not at all. Why would you think so?
Delta is a great company. And actually if you were around back then, I am doing my part in eating crow over a bet I had with someone else that AA would be doing way better than Delta after approx. 2-3 years out out BK and at the same time period as Delta out of BK. I pretty much loss that bet. So still eating crow over it. Delta has continuously outshined AA after BK by a huge long shot. Not sure at this point if AA will ever recover over and above Delta now. Parker not use to running such a large airline and he is losing the battles. Not sure why he has not been replaced as of yet. He has no clue how to run such a complicated company at the current size it is. He was a great BS'er to get all mergers done, but can not handle the size of take on he has started.

BTW, not so much a Delta fan as giving kudos where kudos is deserved. AA deserves no such kudos and have not for several years now...
Excellent post.

Reactions: swamt
it's clear aa needs to double/triple it's dividend to get any traction and propel a run-up in price.

if aa believes the stock has some type of inherent traction due to parker's airline exec. skills, the board may be extremely mistaken.

reading that the world's best revenue generating route is lhr-jfk....just in time for aa to pull out of jfk and build up lus intl. hub of phl. at one time, i believe laa had 5-6 daily jfk-lhr flights and these guys couldn't wait to pull out. didn't raju say jfk was barely profitable? did parker believe that laa had $4.5 billion in the bank in laa's BK due to laa hitting the power ball?

i had assumed the best revenue-generating routes in the world were phx-den or clt-bwi.

this america west/us air philosophy is not working. there's a reason these guys were hot for the american airlines name.

Latest posts