Delta rescues group of 5th grade students after AA cancels their flight

can't speak for lus pension/iam pension.

my AM guy started collecting social security late and if he retired tomorrow, would be getting $5k a month in social security + laa pension - not counting his 401k & other investments/assets.

he chooses to stay and not collect his pension, for now.

Thus the results of that lovely 9% bump in SS monthly benefit for every year retirement delayed past "full SS benefit" retirement age. Also frozen pension benefit has to be recalculated to account for same amount of total benefit being spread out over fewer months. I don't know how calculation is done, but my pension (according to pension calculator app on Jetnet) "should" have been $515/month. (Due to post-9/11 furlough, I'm only credited with 15 years of service.) But I worked until age 72. My pension is about $650/month. A 26% increase over expected.

Last edited:
Cant understand that thinking. Hes probably losing money coming to work. Personally i have 6 years till 62 i think i have the medical bridge solved. Time will tell either way 62 and im gone.

Thus the results of that lovely 9% bump in SS monthly benefit for every year retirement delayed past "full SS benefit" retirement age. Also frozen pension benefit has to be recalculated to account for same amount of total benefit being spread out over fewer months. I don't know how calculation is done, but my pension (according to pension calculator app on Jetnet) "should" have been $515/month. (Due to post-9/11 furlough, I'm only credited with 15 years of service.) But I worked until age 72. My pension is about $650/month. A 26% increase over expected.

good luck to both and thanks for sharing.

united announced their earnings after today's bell and it was a super quarter for united. i'll just get to the profit sharing:

for the recent quarter, united put $174 million into the year's running total and after 3 quarters, united is at $368 million for the year.

united is $116 million ahead of last year's profit sharing pace.

delta announced a few days earlier and deposited $577 million into it's year's running total and after 3 quarters, delta is at $1.256 billion for the year.

delta is $265 million ahead of last year's profit sharing pace.

over at aa, after 2 quarters, aa has put in $87 million for the year. we'll see how much aa will deposit into this year's running total next week. i'll guess around $70-$80 million.

Cant understand that thinking. Hes probably losing money coming to work. Personally i have 6 years till 62 i think i have the medical bridge solved. Time will tell either way 62 and im gone.
Good for you. Good luck in meeting your goals. The bridge is one of the biggest hurdles IMO. Always love to hear successful retirement stories. Enjoy your last 6 years dfw gen...

Good for you. Good luck in meeting your goals. The bridge is one of the biggest hurdles IMO. Always love to hear successful retirement stories. Enjoy your last 6 years dfw gen...
Im in the taxing into retirement mode..

23 months and counting for me... Doesn't mean I'll stop working, but it will be refreshing to know that I could.

Reactions: swamt
what else is new...? another record quarter for delta.

not going to harp on their growing premium sales or 3rd party work (maintenance).

over $1.6 billion in profit sharing for the year, another $70 million in 'shared awards'. delta at $1.7 billion in 2019 for their employees.

last year, delta got 14.1% on their incomes. this feb., they will get $340 million more as a group. will this take them to 16+%?? $1.3+ billion in profit sharing for last year, $1.6+ billion in profit sharing for this year.

unbelievable and great job, all the way around. a generous company that rewards dedicated employees.

Reactions: Kev3188
Enjoy it Kev. Congrats! Great job man. May these record Q's and Years continue...

23 months and counting for me... Doesn't mean I'll stop working, but it will be refreshing to know that I could.
I retired at the end of October, 2017. I hadn't planned to because I loved my job as a flight attendant, but the problems that I was having with mobility and balance after the ruptured disc in my neck and the repair surgery made it impossible to continue. For instance I could not run without falling down. There are times that a FA has to move in a hurry. I decided I was safety hazard on the airplane.

Fortunately, since I took my own advice, I'm financially fixed for years to come. I preached to young flight attendants that they needed to save as much as possible because (as my father, the CPA, used to say) no Social Security and/or no retirement plan was designed to be your sole source of income in retirement. I can't say that any of them listened to me, but you can't say I didn't try.

I'm also not as worried about retirement per se as I thought I would be. I had my first job at age 15 and I worked pretty much continually for the next 57 years (part-time while in college) until I retired at age 72. I was concerned about "being bored" when I retired. I find that I can stay pretty busy doing almost nothing. I'm enjoying retirement a lot more than I thought I would. I'm taking advantage of my retiree travel benefits a lot more than when I was still working. (As much as I loved being a flight attendant, when you work all day on an airplane, most of the time you do not want to get on one on your day off. LOL)

Reactions: eolesen
yes.

16.6% of last year's wages. congratulations.

Thanks! It's a good place to be right now. Hopefully, all of you at AA can be there soon.

How sweet it is!
Fantastic news!
Congrats Kev, and to all Delta employees! Keep doing what you do.
We are hearing good vibes coming to us this year as well. Hopefully the Max issue will not destroy it.
16.6% Nice...

Reactions: CremaDiLimone