Delta starting DTW-MUC and MSP-FCO

WorldTraveler said:
actually, DOT data shows that the majority of traffic on DL's FCO routes during the summer is local FCO only. Given that the demand is predominantly US point of sale, DL has the advantage in selling as well.In comparison, it is noteworthy that from many European markets, DL has the advantage in point of sale from the US while AF/KL has the advantage in point of sale from Europe. The UA/LH partnership produces very similar results. The advantage that CDG and AMS have is that they are geographically well suited to distribute traffic throughout continental Europe and in some cases the UK.DL and UA have similar average fares from Germany which is notable since the carrier with a JV partner in a country usually has a fare advantage. UA has a share, but not fair, advantage to/from Germany.The markets where DL does well in Germany decades after its hub there are markets where there is strong US market interest and where German businesses have strong business interests in key Delta markets in the US.I suspect there is also a certain strategic element to DL's additions relative to continued network optimization by US carriers post consolidation.
It is also "noteworthy " that you just like to post for the sake of posting!!

Reactions: 4 people
if you'd like to note that, do so.

I am more interested in discussing business issues with data and not preconceived notions some of which were expressed in previous posts but which are not based on facts.

Reactions: 1 person
diamondcutter said:
It is also "noteworthy " that you just like to post for the sake of posting!!
Some people need continual confirmation that they're still important. Even when they're not.

Reactions: 6 people
I actually got WN's shrinkage at ATL, the refinery right - you at last had plenty of company in getting it wrong. I can assure you that the number of posts from you and a dozen other people far exceed my own on those subjects.

DL IS starting DTW-MUC and MSP-FCO service. and the basis behind why they have succeeded on what they have and why they will on these is precisely as I stated.

WorldTraveler said:
I actually got WN's shrinkage at ATL, the refinery right - you at last had plenty of company in getting it wrong. I can assure you that the number of posts from you and a dozen other people far exceed my own on those subjects.DL IS starting DTW-MUC and MSP-FCO service. and the basis behind why they have succeeded on what they have and why they will on these is precisely as I stated.
You say you actually got it right... There you have folks!!! Its not about discussing business, it's about his narcissistic need to be RIGHT while pointing out everyone is ALWAYS wrong !! That is in no way a business discussion . It's lecturing and posturing and you know it!!!!

Reactions: 4 people
This is true.
You say you actually got it right... There you have folks!!! Its not about discussing business, it's about his narcissistic need to be RIGHT while pointing out everyone is ALWAYS wrong !! That is in no way a business discussion . It's lecturing and posturing and you know it!!!!
some people actually get it right.

others keep flapping their gums and still don't get it right.

There's nothing narcissistic about talking accurately about issues.

if the standard is simply who can post whatever they want and have no accountability for whether it is right or not, then I honestly pity you and others.

there is right and wrong about a lot of things in life.

WN shrunk, not grew, ATL.

The refinery is profitable.

AA still is far from industry average on its competitive routes to Asia.

DL employees have repeatedly voted out unions in multiple elections post representation.

Those are all factually faced.

If your world revolves around spouting whatever you want and not being right or wrong, then you really need to stick to conversations about whether you like mint green or pale green.

Stop playing stupid , we all know as well as you that you don't engage in discussions. Save it spin master, no one here is interested in having a business discussion with you .

WorldTraveler said:
I'm having no problems.

DL is adding seats to MUC in the winter, which is counter to what someone else posted. and adding even more in the summer of 2016.

even if DL uses a 764 for both MUC flights in summer 2016, it is a step up from the present.

DL is clearly serious about expanding Italy and Germany.
no it isn't 
once again you are reading what you want to read not what was really said. 

I said i expect ATL-MUC to go back to the 764 IN THE SUMMER   once DTW-MUC starts. 

You are the one talking about the winter. 

the 764 holds about 245 seats, about 10 more than the 332. the 764 has a larger business class cabin.

The 332 is now predominantly a TPAC plane. The 764 never goes to Asia with Delta.

no it isn't 
once again you are reading what you want to read not what was really said. 

I said i expect ATL-MUC to go back to the 764 IN THE SUMMER   once DTW-MUC starts. 

You are the one talking about the winter.
I am reading the facts

The 333 is a larger aircraft than the 764 going into the winter and even if both become 764s in the summer, that is still another 200 more seats per day. I don't recall when DL lat offered 500 seats/day to MUC but that is where DL will be with 2 764s next summer. It might even be more if DL keeps the 333.

MUC is a heavily US originating market for DL. The strong dollar is allowing DL to increase its share in that market using DTW to supplement ATL service.

good morning, Robbed!

the 764 could do SEA to parts of Asia but it is at best a 12 hour plane. I think the longest route it has done was SVO-ATL which was just under 12 hours. It doesn't have lie flat crew rest which is required for flights over 12 hours.

DL doesn't really need the 764 on the Pacific and has pretty well moved the 332s to the Pacific - which is where I have always felt they work best. Many routes such as Detroit to Beijing are a stretch for it but it is the right size aircraft. Given the similar size and the fact that the 764 has one of the highest ratios of business class to coach seats in the DL fleet (DL's 764 business class cabin is larger than on the 777), the 764 is well suited for high business class routes which is why it is heavily used to Germany, CDG, AMS, and LHR... the top business markets in Europe. The DL 333 carries more people but has a smaller business class cabin. As you know DL uses the 333 on both the Atlantic and the Pacific and supposedly the new 333s were bought for their ability to add more range to the 333 on the Pacific... possibly replacing the current 332s on SEA to China as well as adding range to Japan and S. Korea

just to clarify, robbed.

DL's 764s use a business class seat for COCKPIT crew rest just as most of the 763 fleet does. For flights over 12 hours, DL must provide pilots a separated lie flat crew rest seat.

All DL int'l aircraft have lie flat crew rest off of the main passenger cabin for FAs.

All DL int'l aircraft have lie flat crew rest off of the main passenger cabin for FAs.

All DL WIDEBODY int'l aircraft have lie flat crew rest off the main passenger cabin for FAs

Latest posts