Delta suspends several flights brazil

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
Delta Air Lines is making changes to its flight schedule to Brazil for the fall season. It will suspend service from Atlanta to Recife effective Aug. 19, and said it will evaluate demand to determine whether to reinstate the service.
More business news

It is also suspending service from Atlanta to Fortaleza from Aug. 31 until Dec. 16, and will suspend its service from Los Angeles to Sao Paulo from Aug. 18 until Dec. 14. On Dec. 17, Delta will start nonstop flights from Atlanta to Brasilia.

Now we know why Delta can offer a slot to Usair for a flight from Charlotte.

full article here

Now we know why Delta can offer a slot to Usair for a flight from Charlotte.

full article here

Actually, the slot they will be trading US won't come from this as these frequencies that are being suspended can only be used for N/NW/Central Brazil (read: basically any city other then GIG or GRU) sans the 3 unrestricted ones it holds for LAX-GRU. DL will be swapping its unrestricted frequency that it currently uses for ATL-GIG for US' "GIG-only" frequency. DL will NOT be losing any frequencies as a result of the swap.

I don't see any success for LAX-GRU.

Me either. Why they saw a need for this route (even moreso when their SkyTeam partner, KE, already flies) it is beyond me. As it stands now, it's only operated for about 6 weeks this summer.