Delta thanks employees with positive space passes.

BABABOOY

Veteran
Jun 15, 2007
As a "thank you"to Delta's entire family for their hard work recovering from the worldwide outage last week, today Delta has announced two positive space passes for every Delta employee​ to any destination they serve with Delta aircraft. More information is available on Delta Net.

Reactions: 2 people
Kev3188 said:
...and getting them to forget about it...
Good point. But sometimes you also need to not look that gift horse in the mouth. The single employee can have him or herself a nice little adventure with that guaranteed seat.

A few days sightseeing in Paris could be very nice.

Are these taxed? Sounds like they will be very restrictive as to when you can use them.

Kev3188 said:
It is. Two positive space round trip tickets...
So it's two meaning you can also take your significant other. Again I think it's a nice gesture that should be appreciated. Do you know yet if there are any restrictions or do they have an expiration date?

Reactions: 1 person
lpbrian said:
Are these taxed? Sounds like they will be very restrictive as to when you can use them.
I'm sure they'll have to add value to your gross income. They're probably required to do that by law?

WeAAsles said:
So it's two meaning you can also take your significant other.
Yes. That's why I noted couples would be in good shape further up the thread.

Do you know yet if there are any restrictions or do they have an expiration date?
They haven't posted any specific restrictions. In the past, they have been restricted to booking in the "T" class fare bucket, which can make finding a connecting flight more difficult. I hope that changes for this one, but if not, I'll just get creative.

For taxes, there's been no mention of imputed income, so I can't say for sure if there will be or not.

I'm sure departure taxes/excise fees will have to be paid for by the employee, though?

I'd have to watch the video from our CEO again, but IIRC, they don't expire until a year after you retire...

Reactions: 2 people
Kev3188 said:
...and getting them to forget about it...

agreed. 

Hopefully the company will also put money into the extra staffing and training nee.......hahaha. nah just more stock buy backs. 

Reactions: 1 person