Delta to discontinue ATL-Dubai Flights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sitting in an airport at this very moment and watching the number of bag tags with ME3 hubs as a connecting point on the bag tags.

and of course they have A380s here.

The only consolation is that it is one route for DL. It is dozens of routes that are at stake for European and Asian carriers.

They have been feeling it for years and have failed to act.

Perhaps when they wake up and their entire hometown int'l carriers are gone, they might finally realize that DL had a point.

and the next step is to cut off DL's interline ticketing and baggage agreements with all of the ME3 carriers. If DL isn't going to fly there, there is no reason for them to be able to use DL's hubs to distribute their traffic.

Reactions: 1 person
WorldTraveler said:
I'm sitting in an airport at this very moment and watching the number of bag tags with ME3 hubs as a connecting point on the bag tags.

and of course they have A380s here.

The only consolation is that it is one route for DL. It is dozens of routes that are at stake for European and Asian carriers.

They have been feeling it for years and have failed to act.

Perhaps when they wake up and their entire hometown int'l carriers are gone, they might finally realize that DL had a point.

and the next step is to cut off DL's interline ticketing and baggage agreements with all of the ME3 carriers. If DL isn't going to fly there, there is no reason for them to be able to use DL's hubs to distribute their traffic.
I fully expect that EK interline (pretty sure EY and QR are already done) will be gone. 

Really a shame, but expected, that Obama wont stick up for the airlines of his country. 

Hey made he will draw a "line in the sand" though  :lol:  :rolleyes:

^^this^^ which is particularly funny since the airline industry is predominantly union dominated.

All of that political capital that comes from standing together apparently doesn't amount to squat when push comes to shove.

WorldTraveler said:
funny since the airline industry is predominantly union dominated.

All of that political capital that comes from standing together apparently doesn't amount to squat when push comes to shove.
The more you post, the more you show you have no idea how the industry works. 

Reactions: 5 people
see, I told you.

You have to resort to generalized name-calling when the facts that are counter to what you post are actually exposed for what they are.

WorldTraveler said:
see, I told you.

You have to resort to generalized name-calling when the facts that are counter to what you post are actually exposed for what they are.
In that post where did I name call? 

in general more has been done in this industry when airlines and unions (or just airlines or just unions) has stuck together)

Oddly enough, some may remember this, an airline called Pan Am tried to go on its own. Even tried to fight the government on ExIM. Only thing that came of it was getting the government to hate the airline. 

History, those stupid enough not to learn from it will repeat it. 

no one has argued that cooperation hasn't helped.

that's not the issue.

The issue is whether cooperation GOING FORWARD will lead to the ideal solution or not.

Talking about privatizing ATC sounds great but how about you tell us how much ATC costs in the UK and Canada and tell us how successful they have been in doing what they do cost effectively.

Just because DL doesn't agree with the same tired solution that has been used elsewhere doesn't make DL the villain or you the hero for expecting them to stupidly walk the same plank that others before them have walked without any real success.

ATC in the US works well and is cost-effective. and certainly better than in other countries that have privatized ATC.

WorldTraveler said:
no one has argued that cooperation hasn't helped.

that's not the issue.

The issue is whether cooperation GOING FORWARD will lead to the ideal solution or not.

Talking about privatizing ATC sounds great but how about you tell us how much ATC costs in the UK and Canada and tell us how successful they have been in doing what they do cost effectively.

Just because DL doesn't agree with the same tired solution that has been used elsewhere doesn't make DL the villain or you the hero for expecting them to stupidly walk the same plank that others before them have walked without any real success.

ATC in the US works well and is cost-effective. and certainly better than in other countries that have privatized ATC.
why? I didn't say I agreed or disagreed with Delta on this issue. 
However when I disagree with someone at work I talk it out. Thats what men do. 
Kids pick their ball up and go home. 

WorldTraveler said:

Do you have any data to back this up? 
Or is this another World Traveler Fabricated Fact?
It would make for a good and intelligent business discussion if you could show how much more cost-effective the USA ATC system is compared to / in contrast with NATS Holdings in the UK or NAV Canada.

ATC fees are pretty well known

Before you resort to character assassinations, I would HIGHLY suggest that you do the homework and find out the truth before accusing someone else of being wrong.

that's what an intelligent conversation would entail....

I'm not questioning them.

You are.

If you want to make the charge that I am wrong, then you provide the facts to prove it.

Because you don't know what you are talking about, YOU would have to sit on the sidelines and say nothing until you know the facts.

that's your problem. Not mine.

Reactions: 2 people
Meanwhile, back on this topic, stopping service to DXB frees up a lot of flying (or allows for a notable pull down). I wonder where that flying will-or won't- go?

Status
Not open for further replies.